Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "N" word

Default The "N" word

http://www.abolishthenword.com

This may be disturbing to some! SO BE PREPARED....REALLY

Think about the times you have used the 'N' word as a term of endearment.....

I doubt from the looks of these photos when it was used on them they meant.....my brother, homie, friend or homegirl.

this was passed on to me so I figured I pass it on to yal, woder what's yal take on this

I know there are some Ignorant mutha fuckas out there, please be respectful
    Last edited by $inista; 05-17-2006 at 11:32 AM.

not sure how to repond to this...what a tragedy. how shameful that human beings treat other human beings in such way. thanks for sharing this...the "N" word is truly the ugliest word I know.

the obstacle is the path

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Nothing new. Hate is something usual, I know when I heard calling me "Fucking Ustasha", "Dirty Bosniak", "Shitty Croat" when I moved to a neighboring country... I got used to it. I only erase when they paint U or swastika on my school closet
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I hate hearing latinos use that word, it don't seem right to me. I don't care if they grew up in the same hoods theres no excuse, black people should not be using it and white people for definite should not be using it, kids now a days throw that word about without realising it's true destructive power.
    If someone came up to me and called me a spic I would put them in their place, we need to school the kids of today so that we can make sure that those types of words die out, but it is gonna take a lot of work and restructure.

A NEW PRINCESS IS BORN BLACKNEFERTITI07's Avatar

USING THE "N" WORD IRKS MY NERVES EVERYDAY!!!!! II HEAR THAT WORD EVERY SINGLE DAY WHEN I'M IN SCHOOL, OUT ON THE STREETS WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY,ETC. I WASN'T BORN BY THAT NAME AND NEITHER WAS MY ANCESTORS, MY PARENTS OR MY BROTHER. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP USING THE "N" WORD IN GENERAL AND STOP USING THE "B" WORD 2!!!! CUZ I WASN'T RAISED WITH FOUR LEGS AND A TAIL. I WAS BORN WIT ONE HEAD, 2 ARMS 2 LEGS , 2 FEET, 2 EYES, 2 EARS, ONE MOUTH, ONE NOSE WITH 2 NOSTRILS ONE BODY AND ONE BIG BEATING RED HEART!!!!!

A NEW PRINCESS IS BORN BLACKNEFERTITI07's Avatar

Default I'm Confused,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    big titties? big ass?
    HUH SUNSHINE?? i'm confused,lol

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

man where i live now white people say it, adn it really pisses me off.

I hate it when people talk about nuggets. Nuggets. Christ.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

and Q-Tip tried to stop the use of the "N" word over a decade ago
    infact ima listen to 'sucka nigga' right now

Okay, this is all very true and vital. However, aren't we all logged into a site where the artist that it reps use this word in a casual manor? I always wonder about that. My pops told me last year to not use it because I am a smart young man an not that(a nigga). I was talking to him about something or the other and I guess he felt it was an important time to tell me due to the discussion we were having. He never raised me that way but thats not to say that I didnt ever here him say it though. I grew up all in this misconception though and ,yes, it gets hard to break for some. You wont catch me using it much but I aint gonna lie like it hasnt been in my vocab and families vocab since idk. Breaking habits that you are grown into is quite a challange indeed. I love livin life(challange) though. It would be nice to see artist kick in with the change as well though since they do reach the public better than the public reaching the public.

Guess I'll put it this way, and I'll admitt its opinion, if you dont wanna get down like that no more then throw out at and ignore at least 45 percent of your hip-hop collection.I'm Serious though. How else we gonna change if we steady embrace what we hate? And I'm being respectful to my love(hip-hop) by sayin that 45%.

One.

That was a weird rendition of Strange Fruit...anyways, I agree. And to the first person that comes in here mentioning it stands for "Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished", I've only heard real ignorant people use the word nigga. I personally, although I admit I do (i'm trying to cut down on it) think all curse words are pointless. The english language has so many other terms for endearment, why should we use one that was once used with hate? Anyways, good topic....cracker.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

ØDESSA

You should not use that word if you're white it irritates me.

i think even black ppl shouldnt use it. seriously.

i know ppl who simply repeat what rappers say. they dont mean it seriously but that doesnt make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by ØDESSA
    You should not use that word if you're white it irritates me.

Its just as bad if you are black as well. No need to explain why.

One.

Words and their menaings evolve and Please forgive me for using these terms but "Nigger" was the original word and was derogatory (however you may spell it) and it seems to me that the black community a while back decided to appropriate the word for themselves, changed the spelling and the meaning behind it. It isn't the same word anymore in spelling or meaning or even the intention behind speaking it. If somebody wants to use it as an acronym thats positive then thats their choice, It's turning a bad thing around to good.
    It is not the same word any more.