Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "N" word

Quote Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez
    I disagree, you know I use the word frequently.

My family suffered just as much as any of them, Cuban political prisons, racism, the whole nine. I chill with old black people that was alive during those times and they use the word nigga, true story.

wtf? if they are alive than thats that. all im saying is if you use the word don't sit here and try to make it okay or mean something positive because its not. you can't justify the use of the word by saying well I can say it because I lived it, times are completely different and to say you EARNED the right to use the word is complete bullshit. You aren't sent to the back of the bus and you share bathroom and you can live in white surburbia...wtf? I use it in vain but Im going to try to delete it from my vocab.

CONservative goverMENt

rabbit habits.. CherChezLaMarauder's Avatar

i hardly use the word nowadays. i used to abuse it when i was younger. Kudos for me

I'll Fuck You Up TeknicelStylez's Avatar

No disrespect but, any of yall ever been attacked by skin heads? Got racially attacked by groups of kids everyday at school, dragged off a block and taken to a dark alley way while cops beat the shit out of you with night sticks? Pulled over 5 minutes walking into a town? Cmon mang I know bout this shit more than most cats that been shielded from it all their life, racism still fuckin exists yo, you can't be like times aint ruff no more. Where I'm from lil kid's is getting caught in fuckin cross fire and my best friends that I grew up with are starving to death or getting locked in concentration camps. How the fuck am I not a nigger, like I said I just call it like it is, everybody a nigger to the system if you aint workin with em.

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986

Quote Originally Posted by ilzPotent
    hmmm, this is an interesting post. When you truly think about the perception of what the word's intended meaning is today it really takes alot out of the struggle our ancestors faced during trying times. They is no doubt in my mind that if my grandma who was 104 at the time of her death (1896 - 2000) would have been surely called a nigger and would probably have had to use separate stalls and other such insults that dark skin people had to face had she not grown up in Puerto Rico. There is also no doubt in my head that my mother whose skin has the same rich tone as my grandmother would have gone through the same thing. (tauro da grim - thats one to grow on) I've seen so many films on how "YOUR" ancestors were treated and to hear the justification of the word and HOW its used today make me smh. Could you imagine what these souls who died for their right are thinking. Please if your going to use the word don't try to justify it. I have to say I am shocked at people even trying to soothe the use of the N word. You know how many people died violently just so they wouldn't be called "Nigger"? THATS JUST WRONG.

To me I think this is a valid campaign. Nigger mean ignorant not a person who grew up poor. Because no matter how poor you are you mind is always capable of being rich. Get out of that paradox.
    I was not trying to justify it, if you had read my previous post you would see that I am completly against using such words.
    What I was trying to say was that no matter what we think there are going to be people that carry on using such a word, and if it has to be used then it should only be used by people within the black community, not latins and especially not whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    i straight up see where your coming from, but at the same time there is a whole other element to the argument. the element of constant oppression, when you constantly feel oppressed you will do whatever you can to make yourself seem like you have some power over your life and emotions.
    changing the meaning of the word nigger was one such situation where black folk wanted a sense of power over their oppressor.
    at the end of the day it's still a delusion.
    so since you feel "opressed" (Imma get into that in a minute) you have the right to use the word nigga? imma say it like this - get the fuck outta here. You people have no fucking clue what opression is. Im a fucking latina woman who has gone to jail SEVERAL times and one was a felony. CURRENTLY I am a student and above all I have a job where I earn good fucking money. NEVER in three lifetimes would I have this opportunity back in the days. You folks kill me with this opression shit. Get off your ass and earn your keep, every fucking opportunity you can imagine is available by way of many different channels. I hate hearin that. you opress yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by teknicelstyles
    No disrespect but, any of yall ever been attacked by skin heads? Got racially attacked by groups of kids everyday at school, dragged off a block and taken to a dark alley way while cops beat the shit out of you with night sticks? Pulled over 5 minutes walking into a town? Cmon mang I know bout this shit more than most cats that been shielded from it all their life, racism still fuckin exists yo, you can't be like times aint ruff no more. Where I'm from lil kid's is getting caught in fuckin cross fire and my best friends that I grew up with are starving to death or getting locked in concentration camps. How the fuck am I not a nigger, like I said I just call it like it is, everybody a nigger to the system if you aint workin with em.

and come on tek, you mah boi, you are way smarter than that. just cause they call and treat you as so doesn't make you a nigga. your mind is so far beyond that bro.

CONservative goverMENt

this is why i laugh when folks here speak on "revolting against the system". What are revolting against with opportunites come in abundance. Unless you're dwelling in some third world country don't talk to me

hey, there's always Africa my friend. Just stay away from the South

you obviously missed the whole point of my post, but i will say that whole I did this and that argument is bullshit.
    and to assume that a feeling of oppression is stimmed from laziness of not wanting to get up and do anything is bullshit aswell.
    and seriously, i dont know what impression is? i assume you know me that well and have lived my life? i assume you know the trials and tribulations of all the people that have been around me to claim we know not oppression? don't be so systamatic.

come on legato, I said nothing pertaining to you, I describe a situation in which a woman (latin at that) should be with mad kids, on welfare and struggling and thats not the case. Opression is just such crap to me. The opportunities you have today were obsolete during the days of slavery. Its bullshit to say you are opressed.

Condoleeza Rice is the Secretary of State. No matter what, THAT IS HUGE!! the black man now has opportunities that were never given to them before. You have a choice. You can sit home and gripe about what you don't have or you can educate yourself and evovle. My dear friend, I choose to evolve.

and to tauro da grim my comments to you were referencing your comment about latin using the word nigga. the thing is prejudice is everywhere, unfortunately my dads family didn't like my mom because she was dark skinned (she is a black puerto rican -taino roots) and my dad is white (spanaird).

CONservative goverMENt

very often cats say "we use the term nigga because our anscestors were called these words, so we're turning it around on the white folks and make into a term of endearment" . I've always thought that was stupidity that not even God is capable of cursing one with. You're just keeping the oppression alive in a subliminal way. It makes you look ignorant as hell. I stopped using that word, not because of all this reasoning, but because i grew out of it. Might slip out my mouth once in a blue but whatever. I'm not even black, I'm puerto rican and we called each other nigga all day. My vocab just expanded thats all

illzPotent, Im also mixed, my mother's family is of indiginous/black mix colombian while my dad (who did not raise me) is white spanish.

I agree with a lot of what you are sayin about how we can all come up in this world no matter what race you are but at the same time there are people that live in enviroments that makes things a lot harder. I don't live in the states but I have family there and I have been there and I have to say that it does seem very segregated but I live in london and thankfully it is not as bad, while we do have our own racial divides I don't think it compares to americas.

and to tauro da grim my comments to you were referencing your comment about latin using the word nigga. the thing is prejudice is everywhere, unfortunately my dads family didn't like my mom because she was dark skinned (she is a black puerto rican -taino roots) and my dad is white (spanaird).[/QUOTE]

Regarding what I said before I was talking about young latinos refering to each other as niggas, that I don't agree with but then I think my opinion has as much to do with the fact that in england latinos and other minorities including black people don't use it as much because it's not part of our culture. When people do use it here it is frowned apon.

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

I saw a book that breaks this down. Recently a comrad of mines sent this to me. Check it out.

A HISTORY LESSON 4 ALL OF YALL

THE WORD "N-G-R" MEANS "GOD" IN ANCIENT EGYPTIAN

The father of the "n" word was the word used by the ancient Egyptians for "God." That word was "N-g-r" and as one can see, there are no vowels in this word. In the ancient African and even the present African languages (the Afro-Asiatic linguistic family) vowels such as "a, e, i, o, u" are not found in many translations, particularly of ancient Hebrew and Egyptian languages.

In the translation of ancient Egyptian and Hebrew (which is heavily influenced by Egyptian), one will not always find vowels, therefore, very few people will realize that the word for God, which is "N-g-r" pronounced "en-ger" was the Egyptian word for God. In fact, the Egyptian word for "nature, " is also the word used for God. That word is "ntyr, " (pronounced net-jer." Now prounce the word "nigg.." and the word "net-jer, " and one sees the clear connection.

MANY AFRICAN WORDS SIGNIFYING IMPORTANT PEOPLE START WITH "N"

In many African languages particularly the Niger-Congo language family, words that connects with people, Gods, and groups begin with "n" and that word is always the first word. For instance, the word "Nkosi" in Xhosa is "God." The word "Ndaba, " in another South African language is "counsil" (or gathering of elders).

WORDS OF AFRICAN ORIGINS THAT CAME FROM THE ORIGINAL WORD, "N-G-R" (PROUNOUNCED EN-JER)

N-g-r (Egyptian;pronounced en-jer) = God
    N-t-y-r (Egypt; pronounced net-ger) = God, Devine
    Negash (Ethiopia; ne-gash) = King
    Negus (Ethiopia; ne-goos) = Emperor
    Nkosi (Xhosa; en-kosi) = God
    Ndaba (Zulu; en-daba) = Counsil/Officials,
    Naga (East Indian, Nubian = People
    Nugarmarta (West African = People (See the writings of Ibn Buttata's journey to West Africa)

HOW THE N BECAME CORRUPTED

The Romans who were speakers of Latin always knew of Blacks, there were Blacks in Rome, Italy had an ancient Black presence long before the Latins migrated from Central Asia and North Eastern Europe during the 'Aryan' migrations. In fact, the Latin ethnic groups is still in existance in the northern part of Italy even today. This part of Italy still grips about Hannibal's invasion which happened about two thousand two hundred years ago!!!!

The Romans had a name for Blacks, it was "Niger" and it meant Black or people of African origins. Thus, Septimus Niger would have meant, Septimus the Negro. Yet, how did the Romans connect the word "Niger" to Black.

In ancient times, Blacks were worshipped as Gods. The Gods of Greece came from Egypt. The worship of the Black Madonna is connected with the worship of Isis, the Egyptian Goddes. Moreover, Blacks in Egypt called their Pharaohs "En-ger" or "N-g-r" he was literally referred to as "THE GOD."

A Roman general invading Nubia from Egypt would have used the Egyptian term for Pharaoh, which was "N-g-r" (God). This term then was used to refer to all Blacks and as time went by, the word N-g-r became Niger. In Fact, the Romans also classified their Emperors as "Gods, " to follow the Egyptian style. Moreover, as the History Channel poointed out, "Rome was a collection of villages before the Egyptians built it up."(paraphrased). The word "em-peror" sounds very close to the word "en-jer." That is not a coincidental connection.

THE WORD "N-G-R" (EN-JER) AFTER IT WAS CORRUPTED BY THE EUROPEANS

Niger = (Latin or Black/African pronounced "ni-ger.")

Nero = Italian for Black
    Negre = French for Black
    Negro = Spanish for Black

The English called Blacks "Moore" or "Black-a-Moore" before they began using the word "Negro" to refer to Blacks. From that word came the racial epithet, "NIGG".

CONNECTION WITH THE PREFIX "NI" WITH SACREDNESS AND LIFE

Ni'le = The Nile River, Life to the Egyptians

Ni-ger = River in West Africa
    Niger = Nation in West Africa
    Nigeria = Nation in West Africa

Nago = Racist term used by some SE Asians to refer to Black Melanesians of Africoid origins

Nago-Mina = African nationality in Nigeria

Naghual = Aztec word for Shaman or priest. The first Olmec Shamans in Mexico came from Nigeria and elsewhere in West Africa.

THE ORIGINAL NAME FOR JAPAN IS THE CHINESE TERM "NI-HAN"

The word "Ni" in the Chinese "Ni-Han" has an ancient African connection. Clyde Walters points out, The Chinese language is directly related to the Niger-Congo language which has its roots in the Cameroon region of Africa. In fact, there are thousands of African words from Cameroon to Kenya that have both prefixes and suffixes that are identical to both Chinese and Japanese languages (African Presence in Early Asia, by Ivan Van Sertima; Transaction Publishers).

Only hatred and envy comes out of the mouths of those who use racial epithets in their attempt to insult and denegrade others. However, it is up to us to study ourstory and make these racist words impotent, by knowing and under/inner/overstanding their original meaning

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

To jump in right here.

I can't really be who I really am in this society. I have to wear a mask to assimulate. I have the blood of KMT, Nubia, Kush in me. I have the mentality of General Turner and General Tubman in me. I have the philosiphy of Dr. Diop and Dr. Akbar in me. I renounce any anti-spiritual practices, but I have to conform to this self-destructive world that we live in.

As far as the word Nigger, Nigga, etcetera, what people say is nothing compared to what people do. If you just call me a Nigga I'll say no I'm a God and you're a something else, but when you imprison portions of my people under false pretenses, FORCE us to live in delapidated housing communities, and false educate us that's when I have a problem. A true racist commits acts but a prejudice person can only say a word.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

But you had rich black people during slavery, that didnt mean slavery wasnt a form of oppression. so to say oppression doesnt exist because 1 person got rich isnt a valid argument at all maam.
    just because one latin woman is able to attain a good job doesnt mean all latin woman are capable or able to do the same.
    you are aware the companies still have minority quotas? meaning they hire this many colord folk just to stay in the clear.
    and thats just a inch of a mile long pie. a quick example. no oppression? i wish.
    Wrong. not just one, but if any woman out there wanted, was hungry enough to go after what they want they have the means. I grew up in a family of seven bros and sis destined to be a product of my environment and I over ran that. I chose my path. I struggled through low wages and sexual harassment and anything else you could imagine to keep my down. but here I am. You have no clue. my struggle was wild and ridiculous. I won't break it down here but believe that a strong latina woman with indigenous roots is here to tell you that you are capable of getting out of that paradox.

huge why? see thats the thing too people get happy because of person of color gets somewhere but it really don't mean shit. puppet toy, trophy negro thats her position.

put someone in a position of power that will actually do something to better the negativitys then it'll mean something then it'll be huge.
    I guess when somebody's mind is so set on proving they can't accomplish more because the white man doesn't allow them too, they are willing to put down any black person that actually has made it. Have you heard this woman speak. Did you watch her conive the very same white justice that opresses you? Are you that blinded? SHe is probably one of the most intelligent black woman you will see in seat and by no means do you have the right to call her out her name like that. shame on you legato.

CONservative goverMENt

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom
    I saw a book that breaks this down. Recently a comrad of mines sent this to me. Check it out.

A HISTORY LESSON 4 ALL OF YALL

THE WORD "N-G-R" MEANS "GOD" IN ANCIENT EGYPTIAN

The father of the "n" word was the word used by the ancient Egyptians for "God." That word was "N-g-r" and as one can see, there are no vowels in this word. In the ancient African and even the present African languages (the Afro-Asiatic linguistic family) vowels such as "a, e, i, o, u" are not found in many translations, particularly of ancient Hebrew and Egyptian languages.

In the translation of ancient Egyptian and Hebrew (which is heavily influenced by Egyptian), one will not always find vowels, therefore, very few people will realize that the word for God, which is "N-g-r" pronounced "en-ger" was the Egyptian word for God. In fact, the Egyptian word for "nature, " is also the word used for God. That word is "ntyr, " (pronounced net-jer." Now prounce the word "nigg.." and the word "net-jer, " and one sees the clear connection.

MANY AFRICAN WORDS SIGNIFYING IMPORTANT PEOPLE START WITH "N"

In many African languages particularly the Niger-Congo language family, words that connects with people, Gods, and groups begin with "n" and that word is always the first word. For instance, the word "Nkosi" in Xhosa is "God." The word "Ndaba, " in another South African language is "counsil" (or gathering of elders).

WORDS OF AFRICAN ORIGINS THAT CAME FROM THE ORIGINAL WORD, "N-G-R" (PROUNOUNCED EN-JER)

N-g-r (Egyptian;pronounced en-jer) = God
    N-t-y-r (Egypt; pronounced net-ger) = God, Devine
    Negash (Ethiopia; ne-gash) = King
    Negus (Ethiopia; ne-goos) = Emperor
    Nkosi (Xhosa; en-kosi) = God
    Ndaba (Zulu; en-daba) = Counsil/Officials,
    Naga (East Indian, Nubian = People
    Nugarmarta (West African = People (See the writings of Ibn Buttata's journey to West Africa)

HOW THE N BECAME CORRUPTED

The Romans who were speakers of Latin always knew of Blacks, there were Blacks in Rome, Italy had an ancient Black presence long before the Latins migrated from Central Asia and North Eastern Europe during the 'Aryan' migrations. In fact, the Latin ethnic groups is still in existance in the northern part of Italy even today. This part of Italy still grips about Hannibal's invasion which happened about two thousand two hundred years ago!!!!

The Romans had a name for Blacks, it was "Niger" and it meant Black or people of African origins. Thus, Septimus Niger would have meant, Septimus the Negro. Yet, how did the Romans connect the word "Niger" to Black.

In ancient times, Blacks were worshipped as Gods. The Gods of Greece came from Egypt. The worship of the Black Madonna is connected with the worship of Isis, the Egyptian Goddes. Moreover, Blacks in Egypt called their Pharaohs "En-ger" or "N-g-r" he was literally referred to as "THE GOD."

A Roman general invading Nubia from Egypt would have used the Egyptian term for Pharaoh, which was "N-g-r" (God). This term then was used to refer to all Blacks and as time went by, the word N-g-r became Niger. In Fact, the Romans also classified their Emperors as "Gods, " to follow the Egyptian style. Moreover, as the History Channel poointed out, "Rome was a collection of villages before the Egyptians built it up."(paraphrased). The word "em-peror" sounds very close to the word "en-jer." That is not a coincidental connection.

THE WORD "N-G-R" (EN-JER) AFTER IT WAS CORRUPTED BY THE EUROPEANS

Niger = (Latin or Black/African pronounced "ni-ger.")

Nero = Italian for Black
    Negre = French for Black
    Negro = Spanish for Black

The English called Blacks "Moore" or "Black-a-Moore" before they began using the word "Negro" to refer to Blacks. From that word came the racial epithet, "NIGG".

CONNECTION WITH THE PREFIX "NI" WITH SACREDNESS AND LIFE

Ni'le = The Nile River, Life to the Egyptians

Ni-ger = River in West Africa
    Niger = Nation in West Africa
    Nigeria = Nation in West Africa

Nago = Racist term used by some SE Asians to refer to Black Melanesians of Africoid origins

Nago-Mina = African nationality in Nigeria

Naghual = Aztec word for Shaman or priest. The first Olmec Shamans in Mexico came from Nigeria and elsewhere in West Africa.

THE ORIGINAL NAME FOR JAPAN IS THE CHINESE TERM "NI-HAN"

The word "Ni" in the Chinese "Ni-Han" has an ancient African connection. Clyde Walters points out, The Chinese language is directly related to the Niger-Congo language which has its roots in the Cameroon region of Africa. In fact, there are thousands of African words from Cameroon to Kenya that have both prefixes and suffixes that are identical to both Chinese and Japanese languages (African Presence in Early Asia, by Ivan Van Sertima; Transaction Publishers).

Only hatred and envy comes out of the mouths of those who use racial epithets in their attempt to insult and denegrade others. However, it is up to us to study ourstory and make these racist words impotent, by knowing and under/inner/overstanding their original meaning

Hotep
    This was truly an interesting read. It still doesn't justify the use of the word by our culture.

CONservative goverMENt