4 3.54%
  • mediocre

0 0%
  • wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Killa Beez - The Swarm

Default Killa Beez - The Swarm

I can't believe there is no thread concerning Killa Bees - The Swarm album (1998), one of the certified Wu classics, which introduced us a handful of talented Wu Affiliates.

01. Intro
    02. Royal Fam - The Legacy 5/5
    03. Sunz Of Man ft. Timbo King - Concrete Jungle 5/5
    04. Shyheim & Hell Razah - Co-Defendant 4,5/5
    05. Inspectah Deck & Streetlife - S.O.S. 4/5
    06. Wu-Tang Clan ft. Streetlife - Execute Them 5/5
    07. A.I.G. - Bronx War Stories 4/5
    08. RZA ft. Method Man & Killarmy - And Justice For All 5/5
    09. Black Knights & Nothstar - Punishment 4/5
    10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards 4,5/5
    11. The Beggaz - On The Strength 5/5
    12. Ghostface Killah - Cobra Clutch 4/5
    13. Remedy - Never Again 5/5
    14. Wu-Syndicate - Where Was Heaven? 5/5
    15. Cappadonna ft.Ghostface Killah - '97 Mentality 5/5
    16. Black Knights & Northstar - Fatal Sting 3,5/5

One of the most underrated albums ever, it's at least 9/10, but I personally rank it 9,5/10...

Yeah, I agree...this album was dope!
    "Fuck fame... I'll shoot a hole in a 50 cent piece to test my aim." - Masta Killah (One Blood)

"Kiss the pyramid...experiment wit high explosives. I slap box wit Jesus....lick shots at Joseph." - GFK (Daytona 500)

Yes this album was bangin, but I think many people here do recognise it's greatness.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Its Is Mad Dope My Joint Is "and Justice 4 All" And "excute Them" Are Both Classic Cuts Right There

God Ukarema

shyt is in my car cd changer right now.

FRESH FISH

Why is every good album a classic?

Wild like rock stars who smash guitars!
    -------
    R.I.P. J Dilla a.k.a. Jay Dee (1974 - 2006)

Veteran Member

its not a classic
    only a very good album

God Ukarema

Quote Originally Posted by dat MF
    Why is every good album a classic?
    This album for me became a classic after like 6 years of not listening to it and then popppin in my whip again. For the simple fact that alot of wu-fam members made there debut off this album. And after hearing some of there more recent material and you pop in the swarm. You can do the knowledge and appreciate the shit they was spittin on here cuz it was raw. Plus the era that it dropped back in 98 where most of the core wu members were venturing off into otha shit. RZA just started fuckin with other sounds and channeling his bobby digital persona. ODB was fuckin with the neptunes, Method Man started to become 'hollywood' so on and so fourth. But it still shows you on this album how raw each track was whether it'd be a wu-fam member of core member. I think this was a pivotal album @ that point in time.

I was listening to this album a lot lately and some songs grew on to me. Especially "Cobra Clutch". Although it has a bit annoying sample sounding similar to word "knifes" in Polish, Ghost's flow on this track is just superb. I wish he would rap like this nowadays... Overall 4,5/5 track. Song "Punishment" also grew on to me, now it's like 4,5/5. The Swarm is now definetaly 9,5/10 album. Classic joints on this: "'97 Mentality" (RZA beat is outta this world, Cappa kills it and Ghost brings fire with the chorus), "Where Was Heaven?" (the best Wu-Syndicate track, beat is awesome and lyrics are deep like the Pacific Ocean), "Never Again" (the best Remedy track, very dope beat, I hope that some poeple got education from this track), "On The Strength" (another incredible beaep and very deep lyrics), "Concrete Jungle" (yeah, vintage Wu Banga, Sunz and Timbo rip it), "And Justice 4 All" (siiick Wu-Tang/Killarmy collabo, beat is classic Bobby Digital), "Execute Them" (grimey beat, Wu Generals shine on this as bright as sun) & "Bastards" (classic piano loop and dope rap by Ruthless Bastards). I wonder what has happened to some of the artists included on the CD... Like A.I.G., The Beggaz or Ruthless Bastards. They clearly got some potential

Veteran Member

this album really has to grow on you... i hated it at first, but i love it now... i feel all the songs except that wu-syndicate shit

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC IMO. This wu-fam album is single handedly responsible for me falling in love with Wutang and made me want to know more.

We bring nothing but punishment
    Like nice be runnin' shit (I always thought they said Black Knights be runnin' shit)
    have 'em runnin' quick
    Uppercuts is what we coming with
    Fuck the government
    I grab the mic, that's when the thunder hit
    Never love a bitch
    Rhymes echo throughout the dungeon pits

This whole album brings back so many memories. For me, its perfect. Wouldn't skip a song and would listen to it anytime.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

When I first heard it, I was like man this shit weak, but then like a week later...I was into this shit.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

this album is not classic. I refuse to put this album into the same league as 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Ironman.....

It's an ok album, it seems like a collection of leftovers. AT least one classic song(Cobra Clutch- Genius!) If you had never heard Wu before that album I can see how it could be a personal classic.

But I think that there should be some objective sense of what is truly classic, and this is not.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Punch
    this album is not classic. I refuse to put this album into the same league as 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Ironman.....

It's an ok album, it seems like a collection of leftovers. AT least one classic song(Cobra Clutch- Genius!) If you had never heard Wu before that album I can see how it could be a personal classic.

But I think that there should be some objective sense of what is truly classic, and this is not.
    Surely The Swarm is not on the same level as 36 Chambers, OB4CL, Liquid Swords or Ironman, but still it's a Wu banga. It's in the same league as The Pillage, The Last Shall Be First or Heist Of The Century. I don't agree that Cobra Clutch is the only classic song on here, what about '97 Mentality alone??