Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Prince Rai

lol, apparently the official complained to the ref that williams threatened to kill her or something like that! haha

i've always rooted for serena but now she can seriously go fuck herself. she needs to grow up.

what the hell happened to nadal. triple 6-2? rafa got pwned.

that winner federer hit between his legs to get to match point was rather godly.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Just watched fed dog hit an THE GREATEST SHOT IN HISTORY of the game.

And serena was SCREWED overr yesterday on more than just that "foot fault". There were alot of insane line calls on her. That woman deserved that dress down, it was a unfathomable call to make at that point. You just dont do call foot faults like that, and this wasnt even close.

Yeah that foot fault was stupid. Of course they dont call them often when they are committed like that but then the "rule is a rule" shit is bullshit. Reminds me when I handed a paper in to my TA that was due at 5PM and I gave it to her in her office at 5:04 and I got a late penalty....that TA looked like that line judge.

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    i've always rooted for serena but now she can seriously go fuck herself. she needs to grow up.

what the hell happened to nadal. triple 6-2? rafa got pwned.

that winner federer hit between his legs to get to match point was rather godly.
    I'm guessing nadal hasn't recovered from his injury yet. don't get me wrong, nadal is a g.o.d on the pitch, but if he hasn't got his physical power in tact, you can whoop him easy like that.

it is true he was having some issues but he was able to get through and play some good tennis. guess it caught up to him. rafa's playing style makes him liable for injuries.

we'll see how this guy does against a healthy federer.

i had a feeling this guy would pull off an upset and i belive he is gonna do it.

federer is SHOOK.

FED had a horrific service game in this match but for the most part dude just got totally outplayed.

porto broke the machine.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Well I underestimated that guy. I didnt see a problem for Roger but he slowly just broke down the longer the match went.

Good final.

What's with this outfit? She should try to tone down the steroids also.

ha ha

--French Open played in near blackout conditions.

Look closely at the picture above. If you squint closely you can see No. 13 seed Gael Monfils of France standing in the foreground while serving to Italy's Fabio Fognini. Squint even closer and you might be able to find the ball Monfils was tossing into the air.

It was after 9:50 p.m. Wednesday in France and the pair were playing the fifth set of a bizarre second-round match at the French Open. A few minutes later, after Monfils saved three match points, play was suspended for darkness. The ball had barely been visible for the previous two games.

Sound crazy enough yet? That's only the beginning. Here's a look at the five most ridiculous moments from the Gael Monfils-Fabio Fognini match:

1. A tournament referee evidently halted the match and then reconsidered when pressed by Monfils. With darkness enveloping the court at Philippe Chatrier, rules official Stefan Fransson looked set to halt the match at 4-4. It made perfect sense. The match was square, it was almost too dark to see and every other match at Roland Garros had been stopped.

But after a brief discussion with the chair umpire and Monfils (Fognini initially stood near the baseline), Fransson determined that the players would play two more games. Then: chaos. Fognini refused to play, the French fans jeered and, six minutes after Fransson stepped onto the court, play had yet to resume. It was too dark when the discussion began. Six minutes later conditions were unplayable.

2. Fognini received a point penalty for delay of game before serving at 4-4. The delay was initially caused by Fransson's indecision but it was elongated by Fognini's defiance. Buoyed by his coach who was making a "don't play" gesture, Fognini stalled in an attempt to make Fransson reconsider. (At least that's our guess. None of this really makes any sense.) This riled up the partisan French crowd even more, which in turn gave Fognini another reason not to line up to serve. After what seemed like an eternity, the chair umpire finally gave Fognini a point penalty, which made him begin his serve down 0-15.

3. The match only went so long because Monfils choked away a two-set lead. Note to all you junior players out there: There's no need to force drop shots when you have a comfortable lead. Monfils inexplicably kept trying to run Fognini to the net while up two sets despite the fact that most of the drop shots had one of two outcomes: Fognini either got to it or Monfils hit an unforced error. The Italian is known as a player who folds when he gets down in matches. Giving him hope was the biggest mistake Monfils made all day. (Well, until he asked for the match to be prolonged.)

4. Fognini then choked away three match points after the chaos while Monfils was cramping. The Italian won his serve to go up 5-4 and then went up 40-15 on Monfils' serve. Monfils could barely move due to cramping and hobbled around the court. On his serve he stayed flat-footed and looked as if he was serving a volleyball in middle school gym class instead of in a Grand Slam tennis match. He was lucky nobody could see well enough to do anything but try to get the ball in play because if Fognini had run him even a little, it was doubtful he'd have been able to get to anything. Despite his ailments, Monfils prevailed on his serve due to three Fognini unforced errors on match points.

5. Sunset in Paris was at 9:40 p.m. on Wednesday evening. The match was halted at 9:56 p.m. local time. Patrick McEnroe, Pam Shriver and Darren Cahill said it was the darkest conditions they had ever seen at a professional tennis match. It was so dark outside that the Shot Spot technology wasn't working because there were no shadows with which to gauge the positioning of the ball.

-sports.yahoo.com

Yeah and Monfils just lost, bloody italians...

Finally got to watch a match today. Seen Rafa....never seen a clay court game in a while....very fun to watch.

Default Anybody watchin' this tennis match?

Isner vs Mahut

score is 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-7 55-55 in the fifth set

time of match 9 hours 30 minutes +

On ESPNU