• average

26 11.82%
  • mediocre

4 1.82%
  • wack

6 2.73%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Nazareth - The Great Migration

I thought I'd check this thread again and give it a bump, anyone that doesn't own this cd should, and there is no way that people jumped off this cd after 2 months.

I still rate The Great Migration as one of the truly great albums. Definitely amongst my top 10 Wu albums.

Everyone needs to get out and support the real artists out there. Bronze Nazareth and Killah Priest are due to drop an album this year and going on their current form it should be completely pure.

So people get out there and support Think Differently, The Great Migration, The Offering and the albums that don't get the exposure that the more mainstream albums do.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trismegistos View Post
    I thought I'd check this thread again and give it a bump, anyone that doesn't own this cd should, and there is no way that people jumped off this cd after 2 months.

I still rate The Great Migration as one of the truly great albums. Definitely amongst my top 10 Wu albums.

Everyone needs to get out and support the real artists out there. Bronze Nazareth and Killah Priest are due to drop an album this year and going on their current form it should be completely pure.

So people get out there and support Think Differently, The Great Migration, The Offering and the albums that don't get the exposure that the more mainstream albums do.
    co-sign all of it man..

i'm starting to accept the fact that it's one of my favorite albums of all time...i've just listened to it way too much since it came out (way back in May of '06) for it not to be..

there is nothing i'd like more right now than a new Bronze album....

but for now i'll continue bumpin TGM

Yeah definitely a classic.

All Aussie Hip Hop purists should buy The Great Migration.

I liked this album alot when i first bought it but now i rarely pplay it.I like the wiseman album better.

Bronze could have done better! I rate this album better than Birth of A Prince, and that is because RZA knew better than that, so I will give Bronze the benefit. The best song on this one was Stolen Van Gogh, and it didn't even last long. Question, why do the best beats RZA put out is always 30 seconds? Is he really teasing or what? I hope Bronze's beatmaking skills with see light before I cop the next one.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    1. In The Beginning (Intro)
    2. The Pain - THis shit is weak, I'm not feeling this at all. 1/5
    3. More Than Gold (f. Timbo King) - 4/5
    4. Killa Beez Attack (Skit) (ROFL)
    5. The Bronzeman (Killa Sin) - 4.5/5 Its great to hear killa sin you can tell hes fresh outta jail though, Bronze verse is too long and vice versa
    6. One Plan- This is ok nothin special, i hate how Byata ends her last verse. 3.5/5
    7. Instrumental (Interlude)
    8. Stolen Van Gogh - 4.5/5 This shit is hot right here I cant lie
    9. 5th Chamber (f. Prodigal Sunn, 12 O'clock & Sean Price) - 4/5 I expected way more than this nothin special at all.
    10. Stupid Fucking White Man (SKit)
    11. Good Morning (A Nice Hell) - 4/5 Im feeling this shit too also.
    12. Rare Breed (f. Phillie) - 3.5/5 Not really that good
    13. Hear What I Say! - 1/5 I hate this shit beat is weak.
    14. Black Royalty - 4.5/5 Now this is some dope shit for real
    15. Detroit (f. Kevlaar & Phillie) - 3.5/5 Listenable nothin too special
    16. $ (aka Cash Rule) - 4/5 This is a good track
    17. Poem Burial Ground - 3/5 Shit is wack right here not feeling at all
    18. The Great Migration - 3/5 Wtf?
    19. Bronze Halls (Outro) -

Beats 4.5/5
    Lyrics 4/5
    Overall 4/5 . he has great beats though, some of the guest apperances are weak too. People are gonna start sayin this album is weak too just like they did fishscale after the first 2 months. Maybe it will grow but its not really that great.
    Ok. Trash that review above you, I was hatin a little bit I won't lie, but I was like 16 lol.

1.Intro

2.The Pain
    I'm still not feeling this track 2 years later, the beat is annoying to me. The lyrics on here are aight, you can tell he has potential in him though. I'm still not feeling this track at all though. 2.5/5

3.More Than Gold
    Beat is hot, Bronze starts it off nice I won't lie, he spits some ill dartz and goes in hard not his best but he shows he has skills on the mic, Timbo King is playing around on the mic, that's something I don't like at all, Bronze comes back in and saves the track. Overall this is pretty solid. 4/5

4.Killa Beez Attack (Skit)

5.The Bronzeman
    I heard it had a skit in the opening that's why it takes them so long to start spitting, but they still could've chopped it down, anyways Bronze comes in hard on here beat wise and lyrically, but when Killa Sin comes in you can just forget it, he kills this shit , his flow on here is crazy and he just kills it, this guy really needs a solo album, he proves he never fell off. 4/5

6.One Plan
    Ok, we have a female track on the album. Beat is actually cool, I'm not feeling Byata on here, it takes away from Bronze verse, he goes in and she comes in and kills the vibe,she sounds like a dyke on the mic, NOT GOOD.This doesn't even flow well it sounds like 2 men spitting back to each other. This would've been better as a solo track.
    3.5/5

7.Instrumental

8.Stolen Van Gogh
    The beat on here is mad ill, I fucks with this one alot and Bronze just takes off with the beat, the only problem with this is that it short, I think he definitely could've did more damage with a few more dartz added. 4/5

9.5th Chamber
    I heard about the guest spots on this track and I was expecting a classic, I was wrong, I expected better for some reason, I think everybody on here didn't come as hard as I thought they could and the beat is aight. This was a letdown for me. 3.5/5

10.Stupid Fucking Whiteman Skit

11.Good Morning
    I like the visual he gives you on here, and the beat is perfect on here. A 32 bar song with no hook would've been nice, I don't like the hook part on this song, he still goes in strong the second verse with a better flow too. A pretty solid track though. 4/5

12.Rare Breed
    This is ok, we have a guest appearance by Phillie, he comes correct on the mic, Bronze does his job on the mic, beat is cool, nothing really too special about this track. 3.5/5

13.Hear What I Say
    This beat is more annoying then Pain, I usually skip this as soon it comes on, but I sat through it for the review and my views haven't changed, nothing much to say about this one. Besides I think it's still mediocre. 3/5

14.Black Royalty
    This beat is flames, I love it and bronze just goes in finally, if you had any doubts of him being good on the mic just read along

Royal golden, watch my inner soul flowing
    Like leaves in a galilee, current towards the ocean
    Grab it and smoke one, but don't overdose lungs
    I'll trade you these scriptures, if you hand me your guns
    Made it for students in the school of life
    I could write a sunray, author of full moon's light
    My words are suiters to a broken future
    That stitch skies together, lift you to God, when we lose ya
    I speak planets, think marbles, deep Pharaohs
    Bleed messages, tell the welfare kids
    Play Saturn's rings around a splattered kid's wig
    Send him to Heaven's gates, to earn his severed wings
    I great the fallen angels with a second chance
    On the blankets of death, like winter Indian chants
    My thoughts float through the city, homeless men heard me
    Found more dreams in my rhymes, than that flask of wild turkey
    Open and pour it, withdraw it, before we sipped it
    Put his bottle in his coat and said "that kid is gifted"
    Follow a spiral staircase into my brain wave
    Count every step and see exactly where the pain lays
    Aline my watch with a biological clock
    Drag the moon into a womb, tell your child, you could watch
    Then maybe you'll never leave, fatherless child as a seed
    Black Royalty, our horns, my word crowned in habitat
    On the black top, I spoke to Judas, he regreted that
    Metal gat, my habits like fresh fleets of heroin
    Look close, and saw the map of Detroit streets, in his arm
    The city climbed in that old picture of me in the frame
    And asked the man, if you should know, why the fuck I changed
    Told him with no expression, words be on the page
    Written in goblins, ghosts & the hemoglobin, the slaves
    I drew blood in the shape of the Wu symbol
    Wrote rhymes with hieroglyphics, left a mystics with temples
    Carefully build each bar, like I rather eat in jail
    Then smoke from the same plants, black magic used to hail
    And blow the residue in the 9/11 wind direction
    Stranger than fiction, how those buildings stand as missing
    Back in deep thought like a rich man now homeless
    Stroke the file like intern's hips and melted moments
    This is triumphant warrior over throw
    Vivid like my face carved in black foot totem pole
    They ask whose the Wu-Tang poet so graphic
    They send him towards The Wisemen, and he came The Nazareth
    4.5/5

15.Detroit
    This is another average cut on the album, it consists of 3/4 of the wisemen, the beat is cool, nothing too special about this one either, NOT WACK, but skippable. 3.5/5

16.$ A.K.A. Cash Rules
    This is a little better than most of the average joints on here, it's kinda slow, the hook is pretty dope I think that's the best part about the song, Bronze comes through lyrically as he usually does. 3.5/5

17.Poem Burial Ground
    Bronze kills this shit, he just goes in on here, no hook or nothing just raw lyrics, beat is nice too, he definitely brings the heat on here, overall a pretty solid track. 4/5

18.The Great Migration
    This sounds like he's just throwing dartz together on some U-God shit, beat on here is boring to, I usually skip this one, some good lines here and there, but this is another average cut. 3.5/5

19.Bronze Hall (Outro)

Beats- 3.5/5
    Lyrics- 4/5
    Overall- 3.5/5

This is the debut album by Bronze Nazereth which is pretty cool, he has some sick lyrics and some nice beats to accomodate them, some tracks seem like they lag to me, there are alot of samples on here, A head banger here and there would've been nice to mix things up, this is a pretty good debut, better than most debut by other Killa Beez. I think his next solo he will definitely have more to offer,as you can tell lyrically he's nice, and his beats can only get better. ****Overall 3.5/5****
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

peace hollow.
    what do u mean "u were hatin" on ur previous review of TGM? u gave it a higher score last time.
    ???????????

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I felt like my last review was rushed...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

i actually never wrote a full review of this album and it's one of my all-time favorites now, a little over 2 years after it dropped...

u can expect a huge in-depth review of this very soon....probably a little before the upcoming mixtape drops..

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    probably a little before the upcoming mixtape drops..
    september that is right?

Quote Originally Posted by The GFX View Post
    september that is right?
    that's what somebody here said but....no official word on anything..

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by King Lizard View Post
    Bronze could have done better! I rate this album better than Birth of A Prince, and that is because RZA knew better than that, so I will give Bronze the benefit. The best song on this one was Stolen Van Gogh, and it didn't even last long. Question, why do the best beats RZA put out is always 30 seconds? Is he really teasing or what? I hope Bronze's beatmaking skills with see light before I cop the next one.
    dogg, you must be retarded. how is stolen van gogh your fav song on that shit. the whole shit is on point, how can u expect more from a debut album. the whole shit was tight n that shit stayed playing on repeat until i unfortunately played it out.
    u cant even compare that album to wack ass birth of a prince. Rza "be ridin fast carsss..." fell off and bronze helped him out with that a day to god joint.

TGM was the tightest shit that came out the Wu/Killabee camp in a while.

smoke a blunt and give it some more listens. damn

peace

Wu Vatican

Purely my opinion, but this album is the best album by a Wu-Tang member or affiliate, since No Said Date.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody View Post
    Purely my opinion, but this album is the best album by a Wu-Tang member or affiliate, since No Said Date.

its right there with The Offering, i agree

wow @ all the classic ratings, im now in that group. its a pretty timeless album, not every beat is as crazy as The Pain or Bronzeman, but the lyrics tie everything together. its a pretty spectacular album
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Veteran Member

holy shit