• mediocre

4 1.82%
  • wack

6 2.73%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Nazareth - The Great Migration

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
    Just got my copy and boy, this shit is dope, Bronze can rhyme and he had some great features on there, this is what Im talking about, pure raw beats and knowledge rhymes. (NOTE FOR ALL MEMBERS OF WU AND WU FAM, THIS IS THE SHIT WE NEED AND RZA FOLLOW YOUR STUDENTS EXAMPLE THIS IS THE TRUE WU-TANG STYLE OF THE 21st CENTURY).
    well said

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I'm not impreseed by this album, you've guys done it again. Ya'll are that thirsty that anything will quinch your thirst. I'm defintely not Impressed by his lyrics and ya'll talk about Kanye sampling??? Shit.... There only like 5-7 standout tracks on here,I'll review later.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Wu Stoneman

I'm defintely not Impressed by his lyrics
    How? These are some of the deepest lyrics available in music right now. are you listening to the same album?

and it aint about Kanye sampling, nuthing wrong with sampling, but Kanye has some guy replay everything for him, thats my prob with it. THERE'S NOTHIN WRONG WITH SAMPLING!

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz
    I'm not impreseed by this album, you've guys done it again. Ya'll are that thirsty that anything will quinch your thirst. I'm defintely not Impressed by his lyrics and ya'll talk about Kanye sampling??? Shit.... There only like 5-7 standout tracks on here,I'll review later.
    Hollow, imo it's the best produced LP in years...And bronze is skilled on the mic, all the guest appearances are on top too...ok, I'll wait for your review.
    yeah right

Yeah Bronze Nazareth kicked some ass and showed he's good producer, album is a banger:]
    Prepare for the Prophecy...

I'll review tomorrow.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Wu Vatican

I wanna se your review Hollowdartz. I finally heard this album. After the first listen, I must say that this album is AMAZING. Crazy that this will go so under the radar, because this is probably better than FISHSCALE. Good Morning may be the song of the year.

1. In The Beginning (Intro)
    2. The Pain - THis shit is weak, I'm not feeling this at all. 1/5
    3. More Than Gold (f. Timbo King) - 4/5
    4. Killa Beez Attack (Skit) (ROFL)
    5. The Bronzeman (Killa Sin) - 4.5/5 Its great to hear killa sin you can tell hes fresh outta jail though, Bronze verse is too long and vice versa
    6. One Plan- This is ok nothin special, i hate how Byata ends her last verse. 3.5/5
    7. Instrumental (Interlude)
    8. Stolen Van Gogh - 4.5/5 This shit is hot right here I cant lie
    9. 5th Chamber (f. Prodigal Sunn, 12 O'clock & Sean Price) - 4/5 I expected way more than this nothin special at all.
    10. Stupid Fucking White Man (SKit)
    11. Good Morning (A Nice Hell) - 4/5 Im feeling this shit too also.
    12. Rare Breed (f. Phillie) - 3.5/5 Not really that good
    13. Hear What I Say! - 1/5 I hate this shit beat is weak.
    14. Black Royalty - 4.5/5 Now this is some dope shit for real
    15. Detroit (f. Kevlaar & Phillie) - 3.5/5 Listenable nothin too special
    16. $ (aka Cash Rule) - 4/5 This is a good track
    17. Poem Burial Ground - 3/5 Shit is wack right here not feeling at all
    18. The Great Migration - 3/5 Wtf?
    19. Bronze Halls (Outro) -

Beats 4.5/5
    Lyrics 4/5
    Overall 4/5 . he has great beats though, some of the guest apperances are weak too. People are gonna start sayin this album is weak too just like they did fishscale after the first 2 months. Maybe it will grow but its not really that great.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 02-04-2008 at 05:12 PM.

I bought a copy yesterday and I must say after first listen I'm feeling it. It's definatively a banger, but not a classic yet.

Prodiction: A
    Lyics - B
    Overall - A-

Wu Vatican

I respect that opinion Hollow. In fact the few songs you did say you were feeling, were indeed the best tracks on the album. However, I think looking for absolute banging, classic albums is just a battle not to be won. I think everyone should be satisfied with this album not only because of the beats, but for the surprising lyricism Bronze brought to the table.

Man.... This joint is crazy...

"Yep"

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

have to admit this album surprised me in two ways...

first, i was expecting an album full of beats like bronzeman and none like stolen van gogh... this was a great surprise and it really mixes the album up well and allows bronze to change up his mcing...

second, i thought bronze was a good mc, but didn't realise how good he was... the most important part of releasing an album is not being outdone by your guests and this is definitely the case here... on most of the collaborative tracks, bronze not only holds his own but stands out and outdoes the other mcs...

great album 4/5...

Wu Vatican

I agree Bronzeman and Stolen Van Gogh are 2 of the 3 best beats on the album. Shades of RZA enter into my mind.

God Ukarema

Quote Originally Posted by the insignificant
    have to admit this album surprised me in two ways...

first, i was expecting an album full of beats like bronzeman and none like stolen van gogh... this was a great surprise and it really mixes the album up well and allows bronze to change up his mcing...

second, i thought bronze was a good mc, but didn't realise how good he was... the most important part of releasing an album is not being outdone by your guests and this is definitely the case here... on most of the collaborative tracks, bronze not only holds his own but stands out and outdoes the other mcs...

great album 4/5...
    pretty much

co-sign

Default Bronze Nazareth - The Great Migrations [2006]

Didn't see any threads for it, mind you I didn't look past the first page! Who's feelin' this album? Bronze's beats are always wow, his style is just...I need to jack a section of the theasarus for this...

Main Entry: awesome
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Definition: amazing
    Synonyms: alarming, astonishing, awe-inspiring, awful, beautiful, breathtaking, daunting, dreadful, exalted, far out, fearful, fearsome, formidable, frantic, frightening, grand, hairy*, horrible, horrifying, imposing, impressive, intimidating, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing*, moving, nervous, overwhelming, shocking, striking, stunning, stupefying, terrible, terrifying, wonderful, wondrous, zero cool* *= informal or slang

Ghostface says fake words, like sprinkle noodles
    on your hembri...the fucks a hembri?

-ThaShaolinAssassin