26 11.82%
  • mediocre

4 1.82%
  • wack

6 2.73%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Nazareth - The Great Migration

Veteran Member

i went ahead and gave it classic, dont normally do that but the album has unlimited replay value. great lyrics, great guests, 95% of the production was fantastic. best album of 06

this is a spectacular album but being that most people dont know who this guy is and that this album wont have any impact it cannot be considered classic. personal classic maybe, but hiphop classic?...no sir.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Wu Vatican

Right, not a hip hop classic.

Phenomenal album though. Tons of replay value. I STILL listen to this quite often. What was easily most surprising was that Bronze is actually very, very polished as an MC. Classic production at times with Van Gogh, Good Morning, Poem Burial Ground, Bronzeman. Very underrated.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i've been listenin to this constantly the last few days after readin the Lyrics thread....for those that haven't seen it, the man Bronze himself was givin the breakdown on some of the lyrics from this:
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34885

^^as you can see on there, some of the lyrics are simply genius..just incredibly well-crafted artistic shit...

anyway, as evidenced by all the posts i've previously made in this thread i think this shit is a classic....maybe not a classic in the sense that 36 Chambers and Illmatic are classics but really i think that is more attributable to the retardedness and terrible musical taste of the public lately than it is of the actual quality of the album....i think this is what would be called a "cult classic"

heres an audio interview wit Bronze from around the time TGM came out..bout 50 mins long, its good stuff..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...0AE49370665268

FRESH FISH

Definitely like it better that "I". Still play it to this day.

stealth mode

This shit has been bangin' in my ride last 2 weeks. Fucken ill!

Veeery good album. Peace.

That album is fucking crazy, classic no doubt.

Im still bangin this album!!!!!!!!!!! like months an im still not sick of it, CLASSIC!!!!!!
    Fresh Breath Productions©;
    http://www.soundclick.com/freshbreathproductions
    Send Us An E-Mail If You Like Our Beats An Wanna Buy Any Or Wanna Start A Project!!!
    [email protected]

Suga Duga

classic, way better than I, Bronze has become a monster on the mic

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

this is a pure sick album definitely a 9/10

Do I Really?[Yes,Yes]. liquid_1_'s Avatar

9.5/10

bronze is great.
    killa sin kills his shit on 'bronzeman'.

"THIS HATE IN THE BRAIN DESTROYS THE CELLS LIKE CANCER..EVEN EXPERTS ARE STUCK WITH MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS." - GZA

its more than a banger, but not quite classic...

its one of the best albums in a long ass time.

with the overall extremely positive review of this album on this forum (32% say its a classic) plus the reviews i've seen on other sites, ESPECIALLY amazon.com(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...459432-2550238) for example:
    5 stars
    This cd, singlehandedly transformed my entire outlook on the hiphop genre. It breaks my heart that this dude isn't the most talked about artist out there. It's simply the best hiphop cd I have heard in years. No throwaway tracks on here. Period. It flows and and it sounds like a complete album start to finish.

Just another amazing sleeper cd that some of us are so fortunate to be aware of. Its too bad these dudes aren't the multiplatinum sellers instead of what we have right now. Then again, it's cool to be on the inside loop, I have to admit.

5 stars
    Numerous times in the past 5 years I've felt like I have to choose between good lyrics, a smooth flow, or great beats.

Most of the self-proclaimed underground rappers have good lyrics followed by a forced flow and bad beats. You might get a couple good songs from an album, but not much more.

On the other side of the spectrum you've got commercial rap, alive with energetic 'jump up' beats that keep your head poppin' and lyrics so stupid your embarassed to repeat 'em.

Then you've got Think Differently putting out a record packed with spectacular flows on top of phat beats interlaced with horns, strings, and piano chords.

I love it. Thanks for letting me have my cake and eat it too. This is the best hip-hop album I've heard in years.

5 stars
    I thoroughly enjoy listening to this CD. Bronze is a renaissance hip hop head, producing and MC'ing. With so much garbage out there, I really appreciate his lyrics and creativity. He brings consciousness and street life together well. Bronze uses lots of old soul music samples which also set this CD apart from most other artists. I would describe the sound of this CD as Wu-Tang throwback, reminissant of Liquid Swords or Wu Tang Forever and all from a Detroit cat. It has that gritty head banging effect. My favorite song on the CD is 'Hear What I Say'. In it Bronze describes his journey thru the corporate hip hop world and what he did to land his record deal. Also he touches on the type of garbage music that he was bypassed for.

If you like real hip hop (not the grown man finger snapping variety), then cop this joint. It is a CLASSIC! Peace

with all of that said, it's a fuckin crime if what i see over at wikipedia is true:
    The Great Migration is the debut album from Wu-Tang affiliate producer and rapper Bronze Nazareth, released through Dreddy Kruger's Think Differently imprint on Babygrande Records. The album features appearances from Wu-Tang affiliates Timbo King, Killa Sin, Prodigal Sunn, 12 O'Clock and Boot Camp Clik member Sean Price. The Album has moved 7,680 Ccopies.
    i admittedly don't really know shit about the music industry or independent album sales or anything...

but if those numbers are true it is truly sad that an album of this quality has sold so little. I'm sure the blame rests as much with the distributors as with the fans (i remember not seeing this in stores--any stores--for months after it dropped)..

on the other hand, it feels pretty special to be a part of that relatively small group of ppl that have the privilege to own this shit..i may have to go buy another copy soon, the one i have right now is all beat up..