Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: U-God's unreleased "Machine Gun Funk" album

IronSheik

it looks like Golden Arms is doin some things with Man Bites Dogs Records & this may end up bein his record label cuz hes recording joints 4 his next album in their studios

On their MySpace they gotta pic with a caption that says: "U God hard at work on MGF" [Machine Gun Funk]

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

This shit better be better than Made In Brooklyn. He needs thats street vibe he's been picking back up, throw in 1 or 2 wu beats that won't hurt and get good production by and like deck.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

if he wants to make it he can..Time will tell

IronSheik

well....i guess he aint plannin on goin indie according to a recent AllHipHop interview he did.....

AllHipHop.com: Do you ever think it makes more sense for the Wu-Tang Clan to do an independent album as a group than actually go through a label?

U-God: This independent s**t is way more complicated than what you think. You gotta get in those programs and they gotta be serious business. Personally, I’m getting back into a major. I ain’t playin’, I’m goin back to a major. I’m getting back up on the diving board ’cause that’s where you makin’ money. Ain’t nothing wrong with being on a major. Oh, everybody’s always talkin’ about a major, B, that’s a myth. A major takes care of you, you sell records, you get taken cared of. Your s**t flopped, you don’t get taken care of, it’s business, man. It’s like I was playin’ for the majors and I got wounded or something and now I’m in the minors and s**t, playing independent games. Now, I gotta make my way back into the f**kin’ majors by hittin’ my own best independently. So, now when you get back to the majors you gotta come back with Reggie Jackson numbers, you gotta start hittin’ home runs. That’s what they respect. Make some s**t that make n***a’s hair stand up and there’s no way around that. Look at E-40, E-40 was an independent for awhile too, he couldn’t take it no more. He said I gotta get back to the basics. Gotta get back to the majors and look at a n***a.

Allhiphop: With the way Hip-Hop is right now, coming back as a collective, do you go ahead and come in swinging swords or do you take it in a different direction?

U-God: Right now, I ain’t telling nobody how I’m comin’, man. I just do what I do. Just be surprised, I got s**t up my sleeve. I’’m always doin’ some new s**t. I’m out here right now f**kin’ with dudes. I’m here in L.A., I’m not just doin’ Hip-Hop, I write R&B I do all types of s**t and it’s just who I’m around that could bring the situation now. I can go anywhere and make songs with all type of dudes. Like yesterday, I was with Motor Head and Foo-Fighters just chillin’, drinkin’ and s**t. I’m coming hard and I come out how I wanna come out right now. I’m content with my s**t. I don’t give a f**k if it only sell 3,000 or 4,000 mothaf**kin’ copies. I know 5,000 n***as copped the s**t, cool. I’m basically startin’ all over again, really. We start a solo career; everybody always identifies me with Wu-Tang. Yeah, I’m great with my crew because I already accomplished that, but as far as my solo career, I have not popped off solo. The only thing that’s good about it is I got a toenail in the door. [Laughs]

that interview got me exited

except for the part where he's fucking dudes and making R&B

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    that interview got me exited

except for the part where he's fucking dudes and making R&B

WTF? .........I hope this was just a post full of typos.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    This shit better be better than Made In Brooklyn. He needs thats street vibe he's been picking back up, throw in 1 or 2 wu beats that won't hurt and get good production by and like deck.
    Agree, Deck should be used more for beats. His shit is usually on point, dont know why he doesn't produce his own albums and on Clan albums more. Also, I wouldn't gamble on U-God right now if i was an indie exec, his releases recently have been weak. But "Machine Gun Funk" sounds ill, i like the title. Hopefully U-God will bring it back to what made him U-God. Rawness.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Haha, I had a whole topic on where did the Deck beats go. And nobody was feeling that.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Vic-Taurius View Post
    WTF? .........I hope this was just a post full of typos.
    haha he's saying he's fucking with dudes and he's saying he's writing R&B

But ofcourse he ment it in another way

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYENCE View Post
    Uey need to think about gettin a 9-5
    Jokes!

Bad as it sounds, I can't see U-God selling 100,000 copies of an album now that isn't a Clan album. If he couldn't get the sales in the Redemption days it'll take a huge struggle to get on top now.

That said he'd do well to get on Nature Sounds and good luck to him whatever he chooses.

he should retire unless he plans on making good music.

he should sign with g-unit.

IronSheik

Default Machine Gun Funk

Quote Originally Posted by IronSheik View Post
    On their MySpace they gotta pic with a caption that says: "U God hard at work on MGF" [Machine Gun Funk]
    @manbitesdogrecords We did a whole 15 track project with U-God circa 05-06 called "Machine Gun Funk". "Crocodile Smile" with Copy & Asia produced by myself and Jason Rose was one of the tracks on the project. I produced several joints. We also had beat CDs from Madlib and Necro plus a whole rack of artists lining up to feature. The artwork was going to be a whole Batman Concept Rip with U god in a Cape looking out over NYC with a Wu Logo in the Sky. Why this project hasn't seen the true light of day is a whole other story. But you never know... 👐 #wutang #machinegunfunk #mbdr

I'll say one thing without reading through 4 pages of this ancient thread among ancient ones I revive...

I didn't always pick the highest paying job when I had a choice between multiple jobs. I turned down a job offering me $5K+ more per year. There were other factors

So the record label you choose to enter into a partnership with isn't always about percentages or nominal dollar figures or proverbial carrots in front of the donkey. When it comes to art, some things are priceless. Same with my career. I don't want to work for Evil Incorporated or accept a higher percentage of what turns out to be a lower amount.

As far as U-God tapes, this my fav: U-God (of Wu-Tang) - "God Is Love" (feat. Cappadonna & Killah Priest) [Official Audio]

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Some Wu Tang related album is completed, but never released, what else is new?��