Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots

Default Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots

I noticed no one has started a thread about this game yet, so I thought I'd take the initiative.
    For those who haven't seen the 15minute E3 trailer:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=2445

For those who have, what did you think? Shit blew me away, it even softened the blow of parting with £450 to get a PS3. It's a shame it isn't due out on launch, but it is widely believed to be released on 7/7/2007 with it being the 20th anniversary of the original release of Metal Gear on the NES. The trailer itself is packed with plenty of hidden messages from Hideo Kojima (there's a HD version of the trailer available for download on that site too) as is typically the case, so keep your eyes peeled and bring it up on here! I know ther ea lot of MG fans on this board so there should be some decent speculation about this title. Anyhow, build on

Peace

Chicks dig giant robots

I think it'll be the best game to come in the next 5-6 years. Cannot wait.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

i honestly think that the mgs series will go down in history as the best series ever in gaming

they have never let me down.. i am buying a ps3 just for this...

my question is..

are there actually any ppl out there who for some reason dont like the mgs's? and why?

(and dont say.. its because of the cutscenes.. the cutscenes are what make the game!)

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs
    the cutscenes are what make the game!)
    True

i dun think ive ever heard hate towards the series....not alotta games could pull that off
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Quote Originally Posted by TUCO
    i dun think ive ever heard hate towards the series....not alotta games could pull that off
    my 360 broke the other day and i could of got my normal xbox out but i dug out my ps1 to play MGS1 haha

I think you're right, MGS will take its rightful place on the 'greatest games ever' podium, along with Super Mario and Street Fighter. It's a shame MGS ends with this one though, but I can see it being totally crazy.
    A bit of bad news too, as expected, the new Ninja (Raiden) isn't playable in MGS4, but I expect there'll be a VR Missions type game coming out for that.

Chicks dig giant robots

Metal gear has like the greatest, deepest story to a game ever, definitely one of my favourite game series.
    I think they should re-do Metal gear and Metal geat 2:solid snake in 2d though that would be cool.

^^ Hate to break it to you, but Hideo Kojima has already stated he won't remake MG and MG2:SS as he regards them as classics as they are. Though saying this, Konami might go over his head while they're waiting for the next Solid Snake to come along.

Chicks dig giant robots

love this series, definetely one of my favourites cause its got it all, gameplay, story, top of the line graphics on every game...

this is one of the reasons im gonna buy a ps3....cant wait

still standin tall

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

the main reason why i will cut loose the 400 or 500 dollars for the PS3 = MGS4.

i love this game a like a pimp loves his money... i have never been let down by any installment in the series yet and i dont believe i ever will. the MGS4 trailer is filled with so much stuff it was unbelievable... i also believe this will be a great game even to those not really familiar with the storyline...

kojima is the master of his shit... he brought the stealth genre to another level and is continuing to raise the stakes.. as we can see with MGS4.

true it is sad... this is supposedly the end of the saga. but isnt that what hes been saying since MGS2. and i know he keeps confirming that this is it... but who knows. i will keep my fingers crossed.... even if this really is the end.. kojima is sure to be involved in other projects that we will probably come to love like the MGS games...

as far as the newest release... anyone know how big boss is gonna be played into the story line? or atleast any speculations... im very anxious to see how he ties back in... also the suped up raiden this time around.. the whining little brat we grew to hate in MGS2 looks like he has taken a 180 degree turn... for the best i must admit.

anyways.. anyone ready for MGS portable ops for PSP? i know i am... it picks up after snake eater... the outer heaven episode if im not mistaken... looks like it will be a solid release...

theres also a pretty detailed forum at the sony boards dedicated to the whole MGS series... check it out, its worth a peek.

i want Hideo Kojima to make the story of the saga in to a few movies that would blow my mind it would be sick

i cant afford it, i wish they would make it for all systems even if the ps3 has tons more than the ps2 one, idk but i cant afford the 400 dollar crap especially since itll only be for mgs4

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    i cant afford it, i wish they would make it for all systems even if the ps3 has tons more than the ps2 one, idk but i cant afford the 400 dollar crap especially since itll only be for mgs4

im not sure where u live but one alternative (if its available).. is you can rent the PS3 and the game. at my local video store near my house the rent those systems out... PS2, Xbox360, etc.. im sure it will be the same way when the PS3 drops... might be a less expensive alternative!