Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by go_skim
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_G...lid_%28film%29 the mgs games are been made in2 a film

ive been hearing loose talk and rumors about this for awhile... im definitely happy Kojima has decided to do this...

im always skeptical about game to movie adaptations... usually cause they end up being really corny.. i have no doubt that if Kojima is calling the shots in the project that it will be memorable...

nice find......

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Hop
    ^ personally, I don't like the idea of it being a movie, with all the detailed cinematic clips and lengthy ones at that, the game technically IMO "is" a movie.......unless they decided to make it a computer graphix type flick (like Final Fantasy Advent Children) I'm not interested.....its like the new Scarface game comin out, they got Pacinos facial features, but not his voice......how can u have Tony Montana without Pacino doing the voice?!
    thats how I feel about Solid Snake, without David Hayter as the voice, its not cool...its a minor thing to hate on about, but thats just the way I am, lol.

i agree... if hayter aint doin the acting... it will screw up the whole effect. no hayter = no MGS

Hugh Jackman look-alike with Hayter's voice IMO

seriously though that wouldn't be bad. Hugh Jackman grows his hair out.
    Last edited by Ghost Deini; 06-03-2006 at 10:04 PM.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

eric banner from black hawk down looks just like snake from mgs he would be dope for the movie

Cuban Swordsman Shaolin Warrior's Avatar

Yeah, this game looks EXTREMELY sick and I honestly cannot wait for it. MGS is my favortie video game series of all time and all of the games have been beyond perfection. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the PS3's price. I was hoping that Kojima would port MGS4 to the 360, but that would mean the online mode wouldn't be free.

Also, I'm getting a PSP just for Portable Ops. Can't wait to play as Big Boss again. This year and the next are gonna be hell for my wallet, lol. And ever since I bought Subsistence I've been playing all the games in chronological order, in fact, just today I beat MGS2, so now to wait for Portable Ops and Guns Of The Patriots.

BTW, about 3-4 weeks ago, I started playing the online mode in Subsistence, and its great. So far its the only online game I've played but I doubt there's any other out there that can match it.

If it makes yo uguys feel any better about buying a PS3 for 600 bones, the camo suit that Snake uses can only work on the PS3 according to Kojima (his suit turns into the colour of his surroundings while immobile, so I dunno how they'll remedy that if it's to get on the 360)

Chicks dig giant robots

Cuban Swordsman Shaolin Warrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paper_Shapes
    If it makes yo uguys feel any better about buying a PS3 for 600 bones, the camo suit that Snake uses can only work on the PS3 according to Kojima (his suit turns into the colour of his surroundings while immobile, so I dunno how they'll remedy that if it's to get on the 360)
    Really? I didn't know that. I'm not relying on it being ported cause I'm sure it would be too much of a bitch to suddenly change a game that you've been developing for solely one console to another.

Right, thought I'd save on making a new thread and bring you all up to sate with new trailers for MGS4 from the Tokyo Game Show. These new ones contain what appears to be realtime gameplay, and my oh my, it looks fuckin sick!
    Check 'em out and enjoy
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743

Chicks dig giant robots

Veteran Member

Its realtime, but not actual gameplay, its too early. My boss is there right now, and the rumor is that game may not come out until as early as next christmas. Other than that, expect to come out in 2008.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Seriously? Its been said it'll be out for sure in july next year, as it'll be 20 years since the release of the first metal gear like

Chicks dig giant robots

MGS4 will be another classic theres the reason why ps3 will win the competition same as mgs2 beat sega dreamcast

listening right now the soundtrack
    http://rapidshare.de/files/34093762/..._Hymn.mp3.html
    Metal Gear Solid - Mantis' Hymn

yo! check this site if you want the complete soundtrack
    http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/m
    scroll down until you see metal gear
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

man no game song beats the snake eater theme..i kno it all by heart yo

I got the whole Snake Eater Soundtrack if anyone wants it..

Chicks dig giant robots

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    man no game song beats the snake eater theme..i kno it all by heart yo
    "end title the best is yet to come" this one is comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Frontal Lobotomy View Post
    Right, thought I'd save on making a new thread and bring you all up to sate with new trailers for MGS4 from the Tokyo Game Show. These new ones contain what appears to be realtime gameplay, and my oh my, it looks fuckin sick!
    Check 'em out and enjoy
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743
    have any of you seen the last part young solid snake smoking what tha fuck?
    man! im watching this and the other trailers with tears in my eyes can't wait for this to come, i just realise that this game will be extremely hard, snake in the middle of a war between 2 countrys and the metal gear walking around and shit