Thread: Superman coming soon!!

Default Superman coming soon!!

Any one looking forward to this movie?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Veteran Member

hell yes but they should have used another villain like doomsday anyone but lex again although kevin spacey is a great actor

I've seen the trailers, it looks impressive and kevin spacey seems to make a good lex but for some reason Im just not that excited about it, maybe it's cos I love the original movies so much or maybe it's because Im just not feeling this new actor Brandon Routh as Supes.
    Whats your opinion on the guy and have you seen the trailers?

Method Man

Veteran Member

Give the guy a chance. nobody cared about christian bale till he did batman begins. christopher reeve was an unknown actor before he got the role of superman. Brandon Routh looks almost indentical to cHRIS BUT WITH A BETTER BUILD. tHE COSTUME LOOKS MODERN AND GREAT. Instead of a bright red and blue costume they went with duller colors that translate better on film. This will definately be a good movie cuz bryan singer is that good of a director. Just look at that scene when the plane is crashing, just amazing stuff. I will definately be there when it comes out. And thats coming from a huge Batman fan.

I actually liked the idea for Christian bale as Batman, but that is because I was familiar with his work.
    You are right that Christopher reeve was an unknown too when he got the role of Supes, but there are so many things that have bothered me about the making of this film that Im finding it hard to get really excited. Don't get me wrong, I am going to see this when it comes out.

Btw I hate the look of the costume (at the risk of sounding geeky) I hate the fact that there is a superman symbol on his belt, what's up with that, secondly I hate the darker colors, superman is a bright hero like spider-man therefore is suit should reflect this.

Method Man

Wtf!!! Lmao! Spiderman!!! Hahaha

Hahaha Dead
    out of ice

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
    I actually liked the idea for Christian bale as Batman, but that is because I was familiar with his work.
    You are right that Christopher reeve was an unknown too when he got the role of Supes, but there are so many things that have bothered me about the making of this film that Im finding it hard to get really excited. Don't get me wrong, I am going to see this when it comes out.

Btw I hate the look of the costume (at the risk of sounding geeky) I hate the fact that there is a superman symbol on his belt, what's up with that, secondly I hate the darker colors, superman is a bright hero like spider-man therefore is suit should reflect this.
    you need to think outside the box sometimes. Yeah maybe the s on his belt is a alittle too much. but the reason why his colors are darker in the movie is because thye translate better on film. Its the same reason they didnt use the original costumes of the comics for the X-Men. Christopher Reeve's costume was cool twenty years ago. I give credit for Bryan Singer in taking this project which has been dead for years. I think Brandon Routh will surprise many fans with a very good performance. The special affects look amazing. whatever they couldnt do twenty years ago with the Reeves Superman films, they can now do . They have pushed the envelope as far as special affects is concerned with this film. I heard the cost of the movie was somewhere over 200 million dollars. Personally i think this will be the best Superman movie as of yet , no disrespect to MR Reeves who was incredible as the man of steel. I think Routh will do to the character what Christian Bale did to Batman and thats to forgot about the past and look forward into a new and exciting future of two heroes that deserve to be translated in the best way on film. We should just be excited that finally after all these years there again will be a Superman movie directed by a very good director. Stop being so finiky!!!

I am happy that they are making a Superman film and I will give Brandon Routh the benefit of the doubt, Singer is a good choice to helm a movie such as this, his work on the x-men series was fantastic yet because of this film x-men lost a great director that was taking the franchise in a great direction, and because of this we ended up with a characterless cartoon for the third installment instead of the proper final act we all deserved.

With regards to this new superman movie, I will state some things that are positive, Yes the effects now will be able to do what was not possible in the previous films. I like the look of Routh, he does resemble christopher reeve which to me is a good thing because he was the classic look for superman. The casting of Kevin spacey as lex luther was inspired, I never cared much for Gene hackmans performance as that character. The fact that they are reusing the classic Williams score was a masterstroke and one that I am thankfull, if would not have been a true superman feature without it.
    And yet with all this in mind I can't help thinking about some of the things Brian singer is doing with some of the characters, one in particular (Lois lane) having a child by another man seems wrong and out of place, considering that such a thing has never happened in the comics, I know things have to change in context of the movie but that was a step to far.

BTW I can't help being finiky as you stated, I love the character so much, I just want it to be given the treatment it deserves.
    Last edited by TAURO; 06-04-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Method Man

he really mean that! ^ and thatīs why i always roc a cryptonite vest when iīm out on the streets...
    out of ice

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by da kid toney
    Wtf!!! Lmao! Spiderman!!! Hahaha

Hahaha Dead
    What do u mean SPiderman??

Quote Originally Posted by da kid toney
    he really mean that! ^ and thatīs why i always roc a cryptonite vest when iīm out on the streets...
    Whats your problem?

Method Man

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
    I am happy that they are making a Superman film and I will give Brandon Routh the benefit of the doubt, Singer is a good choice to helm a movie such as this, his work on the x-men series was fantastic yet because of this film x-men lost a great director that was taking the franchise in a great direction, and because of this we ended up with a characterless cartoon for the third installment instead of the proper final act we all deserved.

With regards to this new superman movie, I will state some things that are positive, Yes the effects now will be able to do what was not possible in the previous films. I like the look of Routh, he does resemble christopher reeve which to me is a good thing because he was the classic look for superman. The casting of Kevin spacey as lex luther was inspired, I never cared much for Gene hackmans performance as that character. The fact that they are reusing the classic Williams score was a masterstroke and one that I am thankfull, if would not have been a true superman feature without it.
    And yet with all this in mind I can't help thinking about some of the things Brian singer is doing with some of the characters, one in particular (Lois lane) having a child by another man seems wrong and out of place, considering that such a thing has never happened in the comics, I know things have to change in context of the movie but that was a step to far.

BTW I can't help being finiky as you stated, I love the character so much, I just want it to be given the treatment it deserves.
    As a fan myself i totally understand where ur coming from. I felt the same way about Batman Begins. The difference between theses two films is that Chris Nolan stuck with the concept of the comics entirely and built around it. The whole Lois Lane thing with the kid is a bit risky. So I will see how that plays out. Hopefully it will not dissapoint us. I respect Bryan Singers vision but a film of this magnitude , u just have to keep ur fingers crossed and hope he pulls it off well..

I also think that the only real reason Superman got made now is because warner bros want to try and compete with the movies marvel is currently putting out. Batman begins needed to come out because we all needed our minds wiped of the shittyness that was Batman and Robin, but I feel Warner bros should have focused on making movies of some of it's other heroes like Green lantern, Flash, Aqua man etc.., then bring out a new Superman.

Method Man

sorry but i must have lost my sense for "superheroes" as i met God! but ya! do ya things and dream of superman! He and all the others look real sexy in their skinfittin outfits. no homo. hahaha lol sorry...
    out of ice