Thread: The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Default The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

I'd just like commentaries on the game. What do you think of it ? Is it better than Morrowind ? I just wondered because I just discovered Morrowind and IMO it's one of the best game ever, surely the best RPG game ever (just before Baldur's Gate). I probably will buy it soon, but I'd like to see what people think of it before.
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Dude, if you thought Morrowind was good, Oblivion will blow your ass OUT OF THE WATER. No lie, truth be told.
    Go to www.gamespot.com to get tha review on it.
    Classic - "Disciple of Ares"

I have the game on the X360 and I stopped playing 3 weeks ago. I got turned into a vampire and then it become all shitty to me. The cure quest is a piece of crap and I gave up. I'll probably continue playing in a while.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper1134
    I have the game on the X360 and I stopped playing 3 weeks ago. I got turned into a vampire and then it become all shitty to me. The cure quest is a piece of crap and I gave up. I'll probably continue playing in a while.
    haha same, i played solid for a while and got turned into a vampire and i havnt played since

Tian Xia

i've got this game sitting waiting for my new amd 4800x2 and my 7900gtx to arrive so i can play it at 1600x1200

^^ Two words for you sir...

Fuck You, you high performance machine havin motherfucker!

And enjoy
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

Thanks for your comments. There was no doubt I was going to buy it, but now I'm even more excited in getting it !!!
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

i wouldn't bother, thought it was shite, the fighting system is rubbish. fable is the best game of this kind. the second one is on the way. wait for that. oblivion sucks balls

For all the men in the whole world will some day have the name of Cuchulain in their mouths.

It's a great game no doubt and boy is it huge. I'm going to start playing it again as soon as I get my LCD TV.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

The only RPG that can really stand up to Oblivion is Morrowind. But they are different enough to make them difficult to compare. Morrowind is very impersonal, and large. It lacks the small details that Oblivion has. Granted, when Morrowind came out it was a technological marvel, but it's mostly because they put in stuff that didn't even have a purpose. I remember one quest inside a tomb could take forever, or it could take five minutes because they put so many useless subsections in the dungeon.

Oblivion is great because of it's detail though. You can buy a kitchen set for your house. People have daily routines. Everyone has a unique face. But I feel it was at the tradeoff in gameplay. Sure the combat is much more detailed then Morrowind, but it has a lot less quest (even though they are much more in depth quest). Morrowind had maybe 10 guilds/factions to join. Oblivion has 4 or 5. The Main Quest in Morrowind also took forever, and in four years of playing, I never had the drive to actually finish it.

Still, if you've got something that can run Oblivion you'll be hooked like a crack fiend. I knew one guy who did Adderol (or however it's spelled), and sat playing the game 16 hours straight. Personally I used to play it something like 8 hours a day when I first got it. It'll really immerse you.