Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: discussing 5 percent

Veteran Member

Default Five Percent and WU

Lately i ve been thinking and i ve been questioning stuff... and some other stuff
    and when i was resting from that i came to the topic of music later on
    and so of course The Wu
    And again thinking here and there... why this...and why that
    So i came to the conclusion that the reason for me listening to Wu is
    in the first>>> instrumentals (even thoe the best songs are actualy tooken samples that i like... so untill someone sits down and learns to play this instruments not much credit)
    and then of course lyrics... that stand out from the majority of other raps
    actually when you poot these two together you get a lot beter whole that is called WU (even thoe RZA produced gathered and kept the whole crew together) if there wasnt someone who would link these people together to a degree who knows where it would all end up ( i can already imagine the situation of every single WU fan walking by Ol Dirty not giving a second to think other that "Stupid High Bum" while he screams on the street out fun/ or money/ or whatever high that made him do that... but im glad he did)
    Oh what was I talking about... Ah hbhhhhh yes
    The Wu tang... well thats why... and now to get back to the other thing..
    i never compleatly liked the 5 percent situation in their music... not untill i started really listening to what they were saying instead of banging my head while wasted. And i realized i dont dig that...
    I relly liked some of the "wisdom" they droped... i dont think i ever heard of Nation of Godz and Earths before i heard the WU. I mean some lines really sounded inspireing and they still do but when i put thi thing in a whole its garbage. Religion that is not a religion but in fact a liberation movement for freeing the minds of black (and all other people) with the white person being the devil>>> not because he is the devil or because the NGE are racists but just for the past he had done but thats cool now
    but lets still keep the devil white... whtf??? Just say it with me WHITE devil. And then you preach shit about equality. Never mind the the whole BLACK ORIGINAL MAN.And the whole thing "we are not muslims but in every line you hear ALLAH. Its like a religion on a primitive level. The whole think looks like a oposite "NIgga" thing that the whites did to black. Itwas made to make the black people stan up agains the whites (more or less) amd im glad it worked. But this doesnt stand for long... when you read the sentence twice its ignorant. It needs to grow and evolve... no... wait it already should have evolved. Like i said i like parts of it... and i mean PARTS... and thats just because these are all they are--- PARTS. Its made of parts of random ideas that made some sense(in their own way)
    borowed ways of thinking and randomly inserted

The hardcore real poetry lines makes me listen to them mostly. Whenever the preaching bull i aint so impresed no more

p.s. i am not agains it or anything, nor am i disagreeing JUST because it says that the "devil is white" like some might asume
    irt just holds no weight in any direction

you get this whole thing wrong!

first of all, you shouldn't talk about the NGE, because of you only heard about them tru the WU TANG.

you need to search the 5% !!! you are listening to the vision of the WU-TANG (and it's flipped in rhymes)
    , go to their site, and speak to members of the 5%

second of all,

you have white people being 5%ers, that DEVIL thing has other meanings then you think, that's why you need to learn about the 5% and not just what the WU says...

peace!

(same counts for people who have a problem wit whites saying "peace")
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

truth0ne SGC/ Studio Griz truth0ne's Avatar

Not to cause dissent or anything, but that shit wasn't made for y'all.
    That's a known, well-documented fact.

They caught a little buzz in the mid 90's, blew up, captured that White boy segment and got paid in the process.

You might cop the albums, buy the gear, tattoo the logo on your shoulder... but that shit ain't built for y'all.

Now, my question to you is: How, as a White person do you identify with Wu, or even hip-hop in general?

Is it just something to bang out to while you get drunk?
    Is it something to make yourself look "cool"?
    Or is it in your blood?

is that question pointed at me ?

I just like hiphop, like 90% of the people on these boards, just like you,

black or white, hiphop is the same for all
    Last edited by venex; 05-25-2006 at 04:29 PM.

lmao
    all the points have been made

Quote Originally Posted by truth0ne
    Not to cause dissent or anything, but that shit wasn't made for y'all.
    That's a known, well-documented fact.

They caught a little buzz in the mid 90's, blew up, captured that White boy segment and got paid in the process.

You might cop the albums, buy the gear, tattoo the logo on your shoulder... but that shit ain't built for y'all.

Now, my question to you is: How, as a White person do you identify with Wu, or even hip-hop in general?

Is it just something to bang out to while you get drunk?
    Is it something to make yourself look "cool"?
    Or is it in your blood?
    Damn.. I'll buy hip-hop albums that I like, and support the artists.. I'm personally not a person that'll get myself a tatoo.. But honestly, it seems as it is a problem for you? Of course hip-hop was started in the ghetto's in america (and "we" also lives in ghetto's, actually)... and I'm not trying to argue, cause you're right.. But maybe it wasnt build for "us", but I can't really see a problem with white people listening to hip-hop.. It's not like every white hip-hop fan is trying to act like he killed somebody and is ghetto or something.. Why is it a problem for you that different races likes the same type of music?.. I never even liked that "we", "us" and all that.. Music, and Hip-Hop is universal, and should be enjoyed by all people.. Fx Bob Marley's survival LP, that was made mostly for the people of Africa, but IMO it's only great that other races support and listens to that "project".. if it's helps in unity, then so be it..

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

calling the whites devils, saying black people are God and the creators of civilization, basically sounds like black supremacy. This is all i've read about NGE or NOI or 5%. I'd like to learn more about it though cause i cant judge it yet since i dont know anything about it, or atleast barely. What i said on top may not even be true, im not the kinda person that just says somethin and stays with it without understanding the whole thing. Dont get me wrong im not looking to change my ways or anything, i still believe in the religion Islam and will never stop, but i still wanna learn about this other stuff as well.

RZA has been asked many times about why so many of the wu-tang fans are white. I think he is proud that his music appeals to such a diverse audience. I think there's a quote about it in the manual. But, for me, music is music. Good music will have a wider appeal. Just because you like something doesn't neccesarily mean you can relate to it on every level. Sometimes you just want to hear a story, or maybe you just want to hear the amazing verbal gymnastics or Rza's grimey beats. Just because you watch a mafia movie doesn't mean you can relate to mobsters. Besides, when you really brake it down the only people wu-tang can totally relate to are themselves, or what about Ghostface Killa? I mean nobody can relate to alot of his shit. However, Ghost is gonna get on the mic and blow us away, you know why? Because he's an amazing lyricist.

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

i kinda see what Stevan is syaing. By saying that the Black man is god and u should worship yourself is a bit selfish and primitive. . . almost like the "Tower of Bable Story in the Bible (peep Genisis)

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

DOn't get me Wrong though. . . lyrically the Wu ad Brand Nubian are in my top ten favorite emcees of all time and are great influences on my music.

PRODIGAL SUN

im not saying that blacks are better than whites, but the black man was the original man, it is impossible to make a black person from a white one because the gene is genetic recesive, but it is possible to have a white person from a black one, you have odd instances of people with black family being born white for whatever reason[jason kidd, mike bibby to name a few] but you dont have black people born from white parents, it is physically impossible, thats why when you mix asian, black or mexican with white, they look less white and more of the other ethnicity

take the 5% ideology with a grain of salt and just enjoy the music. just because you like wu-tang doesnt mean you have to agree with their beliefs.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Veteran Member

"calling the whites devils, saying black people are God and the creators of civilization, basically sounds like black supremacy. This is all i've read about NGE or NOI or 5%"

same goes for me

oh

and i have read all i could get my hands from on NGE before i even thought about posting this

i preety much wrote all i ment in the first post
    so aint no point of repeating it to those who cant read

and now this is turning about "white people listening to rap"????

i really dont have a problem with that WHITE DEVIL enough to make it a color problem... i meant the whole concept of that movement(5%)

Black people slave the white people if the circumstances were the same
    The only reason you jerk off about it that much is because you are alowed to do so... to keep you calm and shit

I mean races and cultures have disapeared thousands of years ago before black people were slaved and there are numerous other people and their ancestors who had/have MUCH more dramatic history and arent even mentioned not even as close as Africans... The only reason you preach about it so much is because "America is the land of the free"
    90% of the rap that yall so honorably defend talks about bullshit...And again and aGAIN talk about "hoew it used to be when rap was alive back in the day" well guess what ...? when rap was alive back in the day you werent keting 1/10 of the money that you(black rappers or white whatever) are geting now. And every rapp video is "Oh look at my shit and how much money I have now look at how im gonna put this money in that hoe s ass... Oh and by the way no one wants to see the black man sucseed... If you(blacks) had any control or power in any part of the system(insead of the one that is fucking yourselves) you would do something... All that shit about drug money and worldwide mobsters maaaaaaan fuck off you aint controling anything and you call that money?
    The same way AIDS is made in labs to kill the black population ( im wondering what race in what part of the worl is most afected by AIDS... hm.... hard question) and the white casulities are exeptable sacrifice if the "plan" goes well. Oh and i rememberd one more thing... In every movie the Black Man is the president(which of course will never hapen... maybe Michael Jackson... now that hes white) or chief of police