Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Photos of Slaves of Slaveships?

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

Default Rare Photos of Slaves of Slaveships?

And despite everything that they have done to us, we have survived, and we have thrived! Remember, this was only a little more than 100 years ago!! That means that your Great Great uncles, aunts and cousins could (probably were!!) have been on one of these ships!! It also means that the descendants of those that put them on these ships and the descendants of those who enslaved them once they reached the new world are also still amongst us (2-3 generations removed)!!!!

Forgive (maybe?), but never Forget my Brothers & Sisters!!!

Rare Photos Of African Slaves On A Slave Ship, HEADED TOWARDS THE STATES

Indian Ocean: East African slaves taken aboard the Dutch HMS
    Daphne from a Arab dhow, 1 November 1868.

These photographs dated 1868 reveals a very little of the terrible suffering caused to millions of people by the slave trade. This group of severely emaciated boys and young men on the lower deck of a Royal Naval ship apparently have been taken from what was a slave vessel trading illegally off the African coast headed to the Americas. The captain of the Royal Naval ship had instructions not to return the rescued slaves to the place on the coast where they had been put on the slave ship (presumably because they were in danger of being recaptured by traders) but it is not clear from the available documentation what happened to them afterwards.

The Indian Ocean Slave trade evolved around the Indian Ocean basin. Slaves were taken from mainland East Africa and sold in markets in the Arabian Peninsula and the Persian Gulf. In contrast to the trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, the Indian Ocean Slave Trade was much older dating back from at least the second century C.E. until the early twentieth century. For example, the oldest written document from the East Africa Coast, the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea, describes a small trade in slaves around the second century C.E.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

Veteran Member

Also, in the situation of shipwrecks, the slaves would be in shackles, but the crew of the ship wouldn't bother to release them from the shackles, so they could even fend for themselves. They would die a slow, horrible, misrable death with no water or food. Once they had passed away, their bodies would be leaft to rot in the shackles, and the crew of the ship wouldn't even consider them as people
    Last edited by Wu-tang Fan; 06-02-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Veteran Member

Peace,

Excellent post blackwisdom. This are G-rated pictures. This doesn't show the real horrors of the Black Holocaust, some of the slave ships owners/deckhands-descendents on this forum would consider that truth racist.

The universe is full of knowledge. Everything in the universe is truth. There is nothing false that God created, and as long as you live, if you live to be 1,000, you could never exhaust the knowledge that is in this universe.

Veteran Member

Somehow I doubt the owners of the ships are still alive these days. Btw, I don't think they had rap music back then.

Somehow I doubt the owners of the ships are still alive these days. Btw, I don't think they had rap music back then.
    How bout your ass show some respect. I bet you those owners of the ship got some grandkids runnin around on the earth as we speak.

On the real, very nice post. Crazy how inhumane people can be. peace

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-tang Fan

You clearly did not fully read and comprehend my post.

The universe is full of knowledge. Everything in the universe is truth. There is nothing false that God created, and as long as you live, if you live to be 1,000, you could never exhaust the knowledge that is in this universe.

good thread. dont have much to say.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Think about this: the beasts that committed these acts of cruelty were Germanic people... The same that committed real Holocaust and wanted to turn all Slavic People (including me therefore) into slaves...
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

you have to remember it was AFRICANS who sold OTHER AFRICANS to the whites in the first place, blacks profitted from the slave trade as well

if they never sold their own people this wouldnt have happened

obviously its bad what they did but the rich blacks also played an integral part in slavery, its not like the english only thought blacks should be slaves, the blacks went to be slaves as well, you dont see chinese or indian slaves bc they never went to be slaves or were not slaves in their own country like many of the blacks were

slavery is horrible but I dont think people should be racist to white people NOW for slavery back then

also if someone hates gays but thinks racism is wrong thats also another stupid thing that makes no sense

RIP to all the black slaves, I hate Britain more than anyone else here but we have to stop the hate otherwise we're no better

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin2k
    you have to remember it was AFRICANS who sold OTHER AFRICANS to the whites in the first place, blacks profitted from the slave trade as well

obviously its bad what they did but the rich blacks also played an integral part in slavery, its not like the english only thought blacks should be slaves, the blacks went to be slaves as well, you dont see chinese or indian slaves bc they never went to be slaves or were not slaves in their own country like many of the blacks were

slavery is horrible but I dont think people should be racist to white people NOW for slavery back then

also if someone hates gays but thinks racism is wrong thats also another stupid thing that makes no sense

RIP to all the black slaves, I hate Britain more than anyone else here but we have to stop the hate otherwise we're no better

Did it definitely start with africans selling africans?
    Last edited by Kong; 06-02-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex7113
    Did it definitely start with africans selling africans?
    slavery has been around forever, the hebrews or jews or whatever you want to call them were the egyptians slaves a long time ago

africans sold africans bc the english offered up money to the leaders for their people bc they needed labour

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

Yea I've seen these before, very depressing. I think it's important to note that besides the 5 or so men in the bottom picture wearing turbans, all of these Africans are kids. Imagine that...imo probably the worst act ever in history.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin2k

Africa was already colonized and corrupted with religious Arabic Islam even before white men came to pay and bribe them to sell other Africans. So, don't imply that slavery is their natural culture.

White evil does not begin or it end with slavery....although, I would say that this was their worst act of evil so far.
    Last edited by Aqueous Moon; 06-02-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous Moon
    Africa was already colonized and corrupted with religious Arabic Islam even before white men came to pay and bribe them to sell other Africans. So, don't imply that slavery is their natural culture.

White evil does not begin or it end with slavery....although, I would say that this was their worst act of evil so far.
    Then it was Black African's most evil act of selling their OWN PEOPLE, causing them great torture. Think a little bit before posting stupidities.

CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE. THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD ONLY MADE TO AVOID DUPLICATES IN THIS GENRE.
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist
    Then it was Black African's most evil act of selling their OWN PEOPLE, causing them great torture. Think a little bit before posting stupidities.

CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE. THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD ONLY MADE TO AVOID DUPLICATES IN THIS GENRE.
    Whites are the ones who........ raped black women...... hung black men and women from trees........murdered black babies...........wouldn't allow blacks to educate themselves..........etc, etc.

The white people did this not the African.