Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: islam dissected

Tian Xia

Default islam dissected

ok since i've been very busy, and haven't had time to really post here

a little about me

i am a proud apostate of islam, left 2005 and have done alot of research into helping other like myself try and leave islam

i've been meaning to start this thread for a long time, my aim is purely and simply to show what islam actually is.

i'd ask if people could politely keep their emotions in check and only post facts and not try and justify their point using propoganda material

1, why islam is completely uncompatable with science

this is a arguement often used, harun yahya has produced many books trying to deal with this issue and trying to adap the qu'ran to prove that indeed islam and science are not only connected but are one and the same

but this is a rather disturbing and vendictive lie let's examine the huge difference between scientific reasoning and quranic revalations

scientific reasoning:
    • for a discovery to be made and accepted as scientific fact the subject in question has to undergo stringent test sometimes lasting years, decades, and even centuries before something can be establish as a fact, all the time of these test a element of doubt is key to the progress of the scientific evaluation and even after something is test hundred and accept as part of science it is still treated with a element of doubt.
    quranic revelation:
    • As revealed in the qu'ranic form descriptions for so called facts are both brief and crude at best, they contain no cross analyse or go into great detail about things work, no form of doubt can be used as this is apparently " the final revelation to mankind berift from any faults

now i'll admite i do not have a phd in biological science, nor do i claim to have anything of the sort, but we can see quite clear differences in the way the world of science work and the way the qu'ran deals with the same issues.

As islam is without doubt, and doubt is a key element of what science is, the two are not only extremely difference but are both complete uncompatable

without doubt
    • thinking the world is flat would be fact
    • no evaluation of evidence
    • no technology
    so ask yourself this question, if islam is truely scientific, why does it go against all the priciples of science ?

as a small note i would like to apologise for the standard of my writting, my grammar and the way i expressed myself through this.

hopefully in the next few weeks i'll have time to elaborate much more completely

Prince Rai

to assume Islam to be non scientific ought not be the basis for me to leave this way of life.

Indeed Islam has a different take to sceince which is accepted in the west, but i may also elaborate how Islam, at times perhaps, does support science.

The basis of your agrument is that Islam isn't as scientific in nature as you'd like it to be so you should abandon it. But I don't take the Quran into account as a matter of scientific fact but as a matter of faith. They're quite simply two different things.

you may not have a phd but I have studied science and what you're saying doesnt really make any sense at all,

real science is measured through falsifiability and is testable and can be proven wrong

you can basically say that all religion is wrong then bc none of it is falsifiable or testable, thats why its called FAITH

you either believe it or not

what religion really is though, is a standard of morality and a philosophy as to how we should live our lives

religion is open to interpretation as well, this is like bashing a religion especially with that crude argument

the strongest argument is the ATHEISTS argument, bc there is no proof of God and they dont believe in God

the fact is believing in God is the equivalent of believing in aliens, ghosts, and leprechans yet many people believe in God

religion is most cases is an attempt to explain what we can not understand, but as for our existence we'll only know if there is something afterwards after we die and I can tell you right now that it wont be exactly like ANY holy book says, it will all also be scientific bc everything is bound to the rules of the universe and we exist and when we die we probably dont cease to exist, but I doubt there is a guy sitting on cloud and a heaven and hell, maybe things that are similar but religion was created by man not by God, last time I checked it was all humans who wrote the holy books

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

Here we go again, people have more faith in science than they do in the The One who gave science to mankind in the first place. If YOUR faith is weak, then by all means, go on your way. Like the Qur'an says, "There is no compultion in religion." "You to yours, and me to mine." But don't you dare try to take other people with you, on the whims and guesses of a society based on physical knowledge rather than spiritual knowledge. The consequences will be horrific.
    Peace

And, if you want a scientific conformation of the scriptures, go to www.arkdiscovery.com that is, if you don't lack the courage.

Peace Fragmented, nice to see you back
    peace for the knowledge

Tian Xia

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin2k
    you may not have a phd but I have studied science and what you're saying doesnt really make any sense at all,

real science is measured through falsifiability and is testable and can be proven wrong

you can basically say that all religion is wrong then bc none of it is falsifiable or testable, thats why its called FAITH

you either believe it or not

what religion really is though, is a standard of morality and a philosophy as to how we should live our lives

religion is open to interpretation as well, this is like bashing a religion especially with that crude argument

the strongest argument is the ATHEISTS argument, bc there is no proof of God and they dont believe in God

the fact is believing in God is the equivalent of believing in aliens, ghosts, and leprechans yet many people believe in God

religion is most cases is an attempt to explain what we can not understand, but as for our existence we'll only know if there is something afterwards after we die and I can tell you right now that it wont be exactly like ANY holy book says, it will all also be scientific bc everything is bound to the rules of the universe and we exist and when we die we probably dont cease to exist, but I doubt there is a guy sitting on cloud and a heaven and hell, maybe things that are similar but religion was created by man not by God, last time I checked it was all humans who wrote the holy books

come on, falsibility is basically doubt, doubt is a key element of why science continues to evolve because nothing remains fact without proper analysis, thing are consistantly being retested. islam on the other hand doesn't deal with scientific explaination, lets look at a example

he was created from a drop (of sperm) emitted proceeding between the backbone and ribs (qu'ran 86 6-7)

clearly this would indicate sperm comes from the kidneys, which is clearly incorrect, this theory dates back 11 centuries before muhammad from the greek physician Hippocrates and at the time was accepted as fact

thats that dealt with

next

the qu'ran states that the blood clot was turned to bone and god covered wthe bone with flesh (qu'ran 23: 13-14)

even just a little goggle will tell you that bone is not grown first far from it!!
    flesh is the first thing grown bone is a later developement and will continue gaining strength for many years after the births

hmm very scientific

thats two little extract quite easily seen for what they're,

Tian Xia

Quote Originally Posted by Shropsher_Slasher
    Here we go again, people have more faith in science than they do in the The One who gave science to mankind in the first place. If YOUR faith is weak, then by all means, go on your way. Like the Qur'an says, "There is no compultion in religion." "You to yours, and me to mine." But don't you dare try to take other people with you, on the whims and guesses of a society based on physical knowledge rather than spiritual knowledge. The consequences will be horrific.
    Peace
    actually this is where i disagree, my faith in an exsistance of a creator has never been stronger! i feel science supports the existance of a creator and i feel evolution can support as much. but islam is no message from god,

lets look at some fallacy shall we

http://www.faithfreedom.org/articles...ictions.html#3
    Last edited by Fragmented; 06-02-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Tian Xia

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
    The basis of your agrument is that Islam isn't as scientific in nature as you'd like it to be so you should abandon it. But I don't take the Quran into account as a matter of scientific fact but as a matter of faith. They're quite simply two different things.
    thanx for ur take eric,

but there is alot more then just faith to consider, we have to look at everything to do with islam before u can make an accurate choice, or gain "faith". without a solid foundation for faith, it becomes blind faith, and blind faith can cause people to martyr themselves in the belief that paradise awaits them. which is why i think for anything to be a faith, u must know what it is you have faith in.

Tian Xia

Quote Originally Posted by Princerai
    to assume Islam to be non scientific ought not be the basis for me to leave this way of life.

Indeed Islam has a different take to sceince which is accepted in the west, but i may also elaborate how Islam, at times perhaps, does support science.
    thank you for you time rai,

it is not just scientific extract from the qu'ran which i find unsuitable this is the begining and hopefully i'll be able to cover mostly everything i think will show islam for what it truely is.

I'm hoping i can be of help to people

peace

Islam is no message from God. Then that would imply that the messages sent by previous Prophets is held in the same context of nothingness in your eyes.
    I shudder to think what you do believe in.
    Sounds like nothing.

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

Peace
    thank you

Tian Xia

Islam is no message from God. Then that would imply that the messages sent by previous Prophets is held in the same context of nothingness in your eyes.
    I shudder to think what you do believe in.
    Sounds like nothing.
    actually this is a logical fallacy in itself, by imply that if (and i do) reject islam as the word of god, that i reject all forms of religion or revalations, this would be an idiotic assuption, as assuption are made you must provide evidence that i reject all religion and not just islam as the word of god.

Clearly this is not the case as i have no such admission, because islam is not from god, if you feel otherwise i challange you to prove the validity of islam and state your case against that statement, bring your evidence, verifable by outside sources.

oh and why didn't u read the link and conduct ur rebutle

peace

Last edited by thejesusfunk; 11-08-2007 at 07:41 PM.