Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "It's all right to hate, as long as you hate what God hates and love what God loves"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
    would it have been discovered if no one was out there looking for it? of course not. And I also know that one day science will be able to prove God's existence, I'm just not sticking around to wait for yall to catch up. God has already provided us with as much knowledge as we need to know. Free will will take care of everything else. Thanks for finally acknowledging that God can exist without actuall proof of existence (even if I can see that proof everywhere around me and within me) peace
    no one was out loooking for dna.. most scientific discovery doesnt occur because someone is out looking for something

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
    I love how everyone is in denial of God for the lack of evidence. Science only works to prove the workings of God's mysteries. Somewhere down the line this became "there's no God unless you can prove it". With this train of logic, did DNa not exist before the 1950's? Did morphing neutrinos not exist until the last 30 years? It is shear arrogance to think something doesn't exist until we can fully comprehend it. An ass-backwards philosphy if I ever saw one.
    Co-sign

Science only proves the functioning of GOD'S creation. For all those that don't think God exists, have you never wondered how earth was created. Atheist tend to believe in the Big Bang. But this is just the stupidest concept ever thought. How can an explosion create billion coincidances ? How come from an explosion, it creates human and by coincidence it creates proper air for this human to live? How come it creates a MAN and a WOMAN, that fit together to breed and keep a line of descent forever ? For a guy that believes in such theory, then for him life is but billion coincidences. The only theory making sense is the presence of a Creator, a Mightier Being, capable of everything. A Presence that created, crafted and molded together a "perfect" world, where everything has a sense. This is why I believe in God, and no Science is going to prove this, Never!
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs
    its totally possible that a god is indeed keeping the planets in order, but unless u can offer some evidence or proof to back up this claim, its worthless
    That's what faith is about. Believing in something you can't prove, cause proving the presence of God is impossible. The opposite is also impossible, no one can prove or say without a doubt there is no God.

I truthfully believe in God, but I don't think he keeps the planet in order. He created a world for us to live in, and he gave us the responsiblity to deal with our life and our planet. We are killing our planet right now and there's no way God is going to interfere. Anyways the day of the Last Judgment will come sooner or later, before the poisoned gift God gave us, i.e. Intelligence, kills us all.

So I think there's no way God keep the planets in order. I don't think he's God of the Universe. The Universe is Infinite, and there's no way God is unique in his genre, IMO.
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs
    if one was to think, contemplate or act like how "God" and the rest of the cast of characters think, contemplates or behaves in the bible, they would be considered the most immoral person on the planet.

i dont hate god.. tho (because that would imply that a god does exist)
    Bingo! Timbs always nails it on the head, u made god up, you're god, big deal, means nothing. peace
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

outlandish claim?? You wouldn't believe if you had all the proof before your very eyes. The bottom line is, you don't believe, because you choose not to. It's not about proof, it's about belief. How can you demand proof when all you'll do with the proof is attribute it to something else?? simpleton.

i havent read it but somone was telling me about steven hawkings book about shit being so well designed there had to of been a creator, i heard its hard to argue with but maybe not for timbs, anyone read it?

That is a shit quote from duke, sounds like a very obvious statement trying. Some people put stuff that cant be explained on god, some see that and say they put everything that cant be explained on god cos some others do that. Duke is a tosser. lol.

I have not read the book but im sure an argument is there. I doubt he says its a complex system but theres no answer so it must be god.
    Last edited by Kong; 06-03-2006 at 09:24 AM.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Alex7113
    i havent read it but somone was telling me about steven hawkings book about shit being so well designed there had to of been a creator, i heard its hard to argue with but maybe not for timbs, anyone read it?

and what about the billions of other planets that are nothing but wastelands and balls of gas inhospitable to anything living, was god doing some trial and error expirements?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

What?

I have not read the book im asking if anyone has because its meant to be good.
    Last edited by Kong; 06-03-2006 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey
    and what about the billions of other planets that are nothing but wastelands and balls of gas inhospitable to anything living, was god doing some trial and error expirements?
    No one said God created the Universe. I believe in God and I don't think he is the Creator of the whole Universe. I think he created Earth that's all, maybe other planets but how do I know. Plus, how can you say other planets are "nothing but wastelands and balls of gas inhospitable to anything living" ? This is a stupid comment. Have you ever visited another planet. It's maybe proven that planets of Solar System are inhabitable and is just a bunch of wastelands, but how can you say that EVERY FUCKING PLANET in the Universe, the Inifinite, is just like this. How can you say we are the only living creatures in the Universe? This is absurd. Chances that other living creatures exist in the Universe are Infinite, as there is no ending to it.

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

I've come to a thinking. Maybe in the beginning Earth was just a bunch of wasteland like you said. God came and he created life, and made an proper atmosphere to live in.

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist
    No one said God created the Universe. I believe in God and I don't think he is the Creator of the whole Universe. I think he created Earth that's all, maybe other planets but how do I know. Plus, how can you say other planets are "nothing but wastelands and balls of gas inhospitable to anything living" ? This is a stupid comment. Have you ever visited another planet. It's maybe proven that planets of Solar System are inhabitable and is just a bunch of wastelands, but how can you say that EVERY FUCKING PLANET in the Universe, the Inifinite, is just like this. How can you say we are the only living creatures in the Universe? This is absurd. Chances that other living creatures exist in the Universe are Infinite, as there is no ending to it.
    hah, did i say EVERY planet?

slow your roll buddy.

and how the fuck would it work that he created just this one planet, thats some wishful thinking. and are you meaning to say he created it like it is today, or like the ball of gas that it was several billion years ago, and he just knew it would turn into what it has? Because thats a fuckload of a time to wait for a science experiement, which is what your making it out to sound like. (but im pretty sure thats the reason a lot of religions deemed the earth was only 6,000 years old, which is supposedly something god told them)
    Last edited by whitey; 06-03-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Wu Vatican

there were plenty of people who always thought the belief in a god was bullshit but it wasnt until reason started to take a little more of a hold in life that they could speak their views without being burned at the stake or stoned to death.

what erks me though is people that dont really think how religion came about. it all happend in a time way long ago when they didnt have science to explain a lot of natural phenomena that people could only attribute to some super natural being.

Quote Originally Posted by Shropsher_Slasher

If your main concern is punishment, look at the nations that came before these. Egypt, Rome, Greece, Sodom & Gomorrah. All of these nations were much like this one. Full of people who were weak in faith. Or even worse, had no faith at all. In some cases, like Egypt, and The Cities Of The Plain (Sodom & Gomorrah), they recieved warnings. Direct warnings from their Prophets. However, ignorance, stupidity, and sheer disobedience in the name of being "cool" is what ultimately did them in. If you notice from the case of Musa (Moses), Upon Whom Be Peace, ans Pharoah, there were MANY warnings (water into blood, frogs, flies, locusts, flaming hale, and deaths of the first born sons of Egypt.), before the final destruction came. The Red Sea collapsing in on his army.

Just in case you want to say, "Oh, there's no proof." here's a website....for the kids.....www.arkdiscovery.com. Archaeologists, found and took pictures of not only the bottom of The Red Sea, where relics and bones of Pharaohs army still lie, they also have photos of Gomorrah. Where you can see plainly that although some structures still stand, instead of stone, it's ASH. Not to mention that they also found balls of sulphur with higher contents of the material in that one specemin, than could be found within hundreds of miles.

God's punishment and the way He punishes, more importantly, have not changed one bit. Most of you simply don't recognize them. Hurricaine Katrina would be the most recent and effective example I could give you. Lets do the math........
    Wicked cities and nations didn't recieve thier punishment until after they had become comfortable in thier practices. New Orleans, what have they?? Mardi Gras. What IS Mardi Gras?? Well, as far as the ORIGINAL purpose, it was the last chance to party before "Lent", which leads up to Easter. Now, if you have any kind of sense, you already see WTF the problem is.....moving on, it doesn't take a genius to see that the current purposes of Marid Gras are WAY out of hand as far as anything even REMOTELY Holy.
    Just as God sent Pharaoh warnings with the now infamous Plagues Of Egypt, so he does with all other nations. Katrina got almost as much press as the Tsunami that hit Indonesia a while back. Why? LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!! It was a warning, a direct warning. Just like if an earthquake hit Las Vegas, or, say it with me now....SIN CITY.....and it buried the place beneath the Earth, it would get even MORE press. Only because shallow-minded people are only concerned with, "Oh no! Las Vegas is gone! What are we gonna do??!!" Not remembering the above mentioned facts. Those being that while America is powerful, so was Rome, Greece, Egypt, and the rest of 'em. Let's not forget nations that we know about, but don't know WTF happened to them. Atlantis, Pacifica (OZ). Nations who were more powerful in Armies, had greater riches, and technologies that we STILL can't figure out. Now look.....RUINS. No one survives. In some cases, even thier languages are dead.
    you make him sound so evil. killing all these ppl. the killing of any person shouldn't be justified.

and in new orleans, the consequence of the flooding: ppl didn't fear a god. instead they hated the government. if a god's master plan is to make everyone hate government, and therefore hate control, and therefore hate the way a god has power (through control, i.e. the bible and the church), then the plan doesn't work.
    ]browndogg*]

Quote Originally Posted by whitey
    there were plenty of people who always thought the belief in a god was bullshit but it wasnt until reason started to take a little more of a hold in life that they could speak their views without being burned at the stake or stoned to death.

what erks me though is people that dont really think how religion came about. it all happend in a time way long ago when they didnt have science to explain a lot of natural phenomena that people could only attribute to some super natural being.
    indeed

:Originally Posted by My First Timbs

indeed there is a direct correlation. It must first be known and understood that all religions and religious concepts stem from early hominids living in hunter gatherer societies at the whim of nature. Populations who rely more on nature and the whim of the natural world for daily survival are more prone to have developed gods and religious ideals focused on their current day to day survival. These types of gods are called “focal gods”. Focal gods are gods that preside over some aspect of reality that directly impact the daily lifestyle of the believer.

For example, a god of fire, a god of rain, a god of fertiity etc etc. Focal god communities were also prone to polytheism (just based on the nature of the belief, its only natural to have more than one god.. what good is praying to the god of fire when the soil isn’t fertile?) It must also be known that the focal god was not thought to control the whole earth. The concept of “the entire earth” was not even born yet.

as time went on and humanity life style changed , our gods and ideas of religion and god changed as well . (notice I didn’t say that humanity “progressed”.. progress is a subjective assertion!). As populations started harnessing certain aspects of the natural world, a reliance on the focal god concept decreased. In addition, now gods were less focal and started becoming anthropomorphisized (made more human like) and were now able to be sad, happy, angry etc. This death of of the focal god lead to the death of polytheism. With the ushering in of monotheism also now came the birth of rage, persecution and fear of others who don’t hold the same god concept as u!

This is why thru wars and bloodshed, the losers “god” and religion was either destroyed or somehow made more similar to the now new ruling class.

This trend continues to this very day.

Culture and anthropology and human evolution and religion type are all tied together. Cultures who have been thru many wars and oppression on average have gods who were originally less charming than populations who experienced no war or oppression (such as the case with the native American and aboriginal peoples)

no. But first i must say that ur question stems from a misunderstanding of evolution. Evolutionisnt goal oriented or purpose oriented. Evolution is merely nothing but a change in the genes over time. G/T

Humans, although not living at the whim of nature and feeling the effects of geographic environmental stress on the same level we did 15000 years ago, does not mean that evolution has slowed or stopped. Its still going on. we are part of nature and will never be able to escape evolution.

recent studies have shows tha the human thumb is migrating closer to the index finger at a rate of 0.02 millimeters per generation. This is evolution ! the reason for this has to do with sexual selection and natural selection. this is just one small example among a myriad. evolution will be in existence as long as there are creatures on the planet with genomes.

a lot of people on this board really need to read this.

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target