Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Wu Tang's Music Help You Find Knowledge?

Default Did Wu Tang's Music Help You Find Knowledge?

i cant picture black wisdome listening to WU TANG.

Or timbo, lhx, PRINCERAI. ETC.
    Last edited by Sicka than aidZ; 06-02-2006 at 10:34 PM.
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

wu-tang is the result of some intense knowledge man

it takes some deep understandings to produce the kind of shit they produce

for me personally - for a long time - the more i learned the better they became

the way they tell stories

and a shit load of other reasons

plus its the style

helped me learn a lot
    all the points have been made

for the record - the W is the single greatest thing that has ever hit my ears

that shit launches me into outer space

i wont even let myself listen to it no more

when i was goin thru some dark phases i almost convinced myself that there was subliminal messages in it

IM IN A DARK PHase, it sucks
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

no doubt

dont let them push you on to the pills if you can avoid it

do you think all the wu members believed in their style of knowledge or do you think they may have just followed rza on some of it?

First off, Wu-Tang opened a number of mental doors for me.
    I got back into chess. Got back into my martial arts training, more for the mental aspects rather than just knowing how to defend myself too. The beats, well, it's hard to put into words.
    The beats at first, during "36 Chambers" just got me crazy hyped.
    Then around the solo joints, especialy "Liquid Swords", "Ironman",
    "Cuban Linx" and "Supreme Clientele", I felt like my soul was being taken to distant lands. Places I'd never been, yet, somehow didn't want to leave from.

Wu-Tang was always more than just music. Wether it's Killah Priest's "Heavy Mental", or Killarmy's "Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars.", there's a lot more going n than what's on the surface.
    I feel that's the reason why not only so many artists copy them, but also why the newer wanna-be's, G-Unit for example, try to implement that aura of an unbreakable unit of power. While Wu was always hip-hop, it was also soul, jazz and blues as well. All molded into one final masterpiece.

I think Wu-Tang helped me get a better sense of myself as an all around person. The music made me realise just how much more there was to me, and reminded me of who I once as also. I was always into military strategy and ancient wisdom, but I picked up "The I-Ching: The Book Of Changes.", and "The Art Of War"
    based on RZA's praises of those books, and him saying that he incorporates that into his daily life and calculations of events.

As far as the Clan following RZA or not, that's hard to say. It seems like they had a solid foundation within themselves, but that they went to RZA or GZA for advice in matters of moral and spiritual wisdom. It was GZA that originally taught The RZA about the 5% Nation in the first place. Still, it's difficult to say.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Sicka Than Aidz
    i cant picture black wisdome listening to WU TANG.

Or timbo, lhx, PRINCERAI. ETC.
    aww man,, dont let my standpoints and philosophy fool u

ive been a die hard wu fan since 93

but yea, my appreciation of wu is what lead me here to KTL

i think back in 1999 i was lookin around the net for wu sites to download some rare stuff (like the bobby digital " do u hear the bells freestyle")

i stumbled across some site ( i think wudynasty or sumthin like that)

that site eventually died and then i discovered this one in 2003 or 2004

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

Prince Rai

peace!

the Wu made me come to this site and made me stumble across KTL, where i learnt a lot about so many different things, from philosophies to things happening in different countries etc.

The Wu also introduced me to Shaolin where ive learnt alot about martial arts and philsopohies from the east surrounding it.

And hey, a lot of knowledge is communicated by the Wu, and by understanding what they are trying to say makes music even better.

Veteran Member

I found KTL because of Wu Tang.

Wu Tang- no exaggeration- changed my life. It put in me a thirst for learning at a young age. It kept me curious.

By the time I was 18 I had started reading books on Taoism, Buddhism, started looking into Islam. From there the last four years...I probably read more books than most people will read in there lives. And the saga continued....got into the bible, kabbalah, occultism, the egyptian book of the dead, metu neter. And when I hear a rhyme that shows that rapper has read the same books as me - books most people don't bother with - I feel a real kinship.

And coming on this forum where you can discuss knowledge with people who won't be totally clueless as to what you are talking about is unique for people like us, I feel.

I know that my discussions on the I Ching with LHX probably couldn't even come close to happenin with anyone else on this planet. And we both got sparked on that book by the same U God line "We sing the I Ching vintage."

I am still being refined and have miles to go. But if not for Wu by now I think I would have been a lost cause, for real.

Veteran Member

The W? The album?

I have found actually that I have to NOT listen to hip hop alot of the time or I get hyped up and distracted! Like before studying I wont listen to it on the way....on the way back when I am tired I pump it up though.

Kind of, websites and wu-tang led me here, I did a rap website (purelyrap.net), then I did a meth site (methical.com), then that led me here to let people know about methical, but liked it here and started using know the ledge, i learnt a lot from it and deep thought on methical.
    Last edited by Kong; 06-06-2006 at 09:15 AM.

No, Wu Tang didn't help me find knowledge...but, they did help me find Wu corp and KTL!!!!!!!

Which is a good thing...I think.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous Moon
    No, Wu Tang didn't help me find knowledge...but, they did help me find Wu corp and KTL!!!!!!!

Which is a good thing...I think.

ditto

actually it was Rakim, Poor Righteous Teachers, Lakim Shabazz, Kane, King Sun, Masters Of Ceromony(Grand Puba), Brand Nubian, Digable Planets(big ups to Cee Knowledge), Dread Poet Soicety(Philly), 7 and a Cresent crew(Philly), 100X(Philly), KMD(much love and respect to Zev Love X), Paris, The Blackwatch Movement(X-Clan)(R.I.P. Professor X), Public Enemy, and all the Gods and Earths that I have been introduced to since 1980.

peace

click the sig if you vatican status

I wouldn't say that WU def did it for me because since day 1 I felt like I knew what I know now, just had to remember it ... The type that would stay in my room watching nova while other kids were outside playing tag & hide-n-go-seek .....

WU helped tho ... Might sound weird but I felt like I gained more knowledge from the beats like I would close my eyes & the beat would tickle my mind ... Weird uh?