Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Wu Tang's Music Help You Find Knowledge?

They dropped some ill shit, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that i gained a lot of knowledge from it, it just was good with a reefer like

Chicks dig giant robots

i think i'm high

ive been listening to the wu for a long time, nothing theyre saying now is giving me any knowledge, but back in the days most definitly

Realness

tacle

I'm more open minded and shit now, when i first heard Wu-Tang Forever, i was like, yea theres some fancy things, they didn't feed me that much knowledge, lil bits in between, the thing they did show me was true lyricism.

i think i'm high

and ive gained a lot of knowledge from their actions as well, by following their careers

Realness

Did Wu Tang's Music Help You Find Knowledge?

Nah - They expressin my culture and religion - and i seen them come up

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    listing To Wu Tang And Hearing What They Were Talking About Made Me Want To Learn More About It And Influenced Me To Read More Books So Yeah It Help Me
    yeah, i wanted to know what they were talking about, looked it up, looked up more, and more and more and more. The wu is definetley one of the things that started me on a path of learning. Plus, alot of lines they spit, when you stop to think about them, are deep as shit. Even if its not on some "knowledge" type shit, they can still get you thinking. Last week or so i had this gza line stuck in my head, "i dont waste ink, nigga i think". Word to the genius.

Yeah. I used to listen to No Limit and strictly West Coast until Wu-Forever came out in 1997. I had Liquid Swords and ODB's cd, and my buddy had Ironman, but we didn't understand what they were saying. My lyrics at the time were just then getting more advanced, more substance, so when I heard Forever, it was like a giant door opened up of infinite knowledge. I'd research some of the things I heard them say on the cd, and knowledge just kept growing.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

the first listenin to presidential mc i started thinkin bout shit thats y dumb niggas and ppl dont like it its pure RAW knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by tajeco View Post
    Yeah. I used to listen to No Limit and strictly West Coast until Wu-Forever came out in 1997. I had Liquid Swords and ODB's cd, and my buddy had Ironman, but we didn't understand what they were saying. My lyrics at the time were just then getting more advanced, more substance, so when I heard Forever, it was like a giant door opened up of infinite knowledge. I'd research some of the things I heard them say on the cd, and knowledge just kept growing.
    it made me a better rapper i wouldn't be good witout the wu-tang clan

its like GOD came down and blessed them i think they better than pac

gza, bible, black yashuah, tribe of edom(khazers), new world order, allah, the freemasons, the whole shit. wu were ahead of their time, real hip hop. only now, are their lyrics making full sense, they knew.

wtf

from listening to wu, certain concepts and ideas sparked my attention and made me want to read up on them more

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

i think i'm high

yea killah priest really made me look into some crazy theology books, that dude speaks on some crazy history/spiritual shit

Realness

i read his bio in the bio section on here it said he studied religion

cant wait im having chinese food tonite

I gotta say, when I picked up Bronze Nazareth's album, he reminded me of Killah Priest back in the early Wu-Tang days.
    For real, Priest and The GZA were the cats that made me CRAVE bookstores and libraries.