Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why God exists IMO

Knowing the Ledge Claustrofobic's Avatar

Thats the common reaction I get from that. Thats the reason I DONT believe in any god..

Quote Originally Posted by denaturat
    yes, there are countless possibilities, and possible explanations that are beyond the grasp of the human mind. but it does not mean that god or and intelligent being is an architect. it's just one of coutless possibilities.
    lmao

in an infinite universe all possibilities exist
    all the points have been made

I think God is something humans invented to explain the unexplainable...

Peace

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by MaShPG
    I see where that might have been confusing; I believe in evolution, but not evolution alone. Things fell into place too perfectly to attribute everything to evolution. If you've ever studied biology you know how perfectly made the human body is, and I can't believe it just evolved into that.
    Whats so perfect about it?

People act like humans are so important and the universe revolves around us. We are only a blip on the scale of time.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by tancen
    I think God is something humans invented to explain the unexplainable...

Peace
    the alternative view is that god created humans to define himself
    all the points have been made

Well You Gotta Ask Where Did The Term 'god' Come From? Religion Was Created By Man, Laws Were Created By Man, Gods Were Created By Man. During Ancient Times The Greeks Believed In Dozens And Dozens Of Gods; God Of Sun, God Of War, Go Of The Wind, God Of Fire Etc. Buddahism Believes In Reincarnation, I Mean Come On Who Really Knows For Sure?

What Tickles My Pickel Is The Mental And Emotional Aspect Of Humans, Our Souls. I Think You'll Find More Enlightening Answers To The Questions Than Looking At Evidence. Why Do We Dream? Why Do We Feel Guilt And Remorse? Why Do We Kill? Why Do We Love? Why Do We Only Use 10% Of Our Minds?

Is This All From God? Who Knows, Because I Don't. Maybe Some Light Will Shed Upon Me As I Get Older And Wiser

Peace, I understand where you're coming from with your opinion about thinking its too much of a coinsidence that we got arms and legs to be active with what we do. But this is your logic because your used to this. You consider it normal cause everyone has them. But what if we didnt have legs and arms, or even heads? What if we all were complete different beings that we are now, would that still be normal? There wouldnt be any coincidence there cause we wouldnt have those organs, right? God didnt necesarrily gave us these organs. I know this is complicated but what I'm trying to say is that if it's not necesarrily logical for us to adapt to a planet that we might have created ourselfs...

When your done compreheding that, ask yourself the question: If god created everything, from earth to man, who or what created God? After all, everything has a beginning and an ending.
    ...well thats the point, we are given those things...therfore there is a higher intelligence

ChatNoir.

I see where that might have been confusing; I believe in evolution, but not evolution alone. Things fell into place too perfectly to attribute everything to evolution. If you've ever studied biology you know how perfectly made the human body is, and I can't believe it just evolved into that.
    perfection?

biological evolution and cosmic development are chock full of trial and error and mistakes

a look at our genetic history, biological dvelopment and morphology alones shows evidence of this trial and error natural process.

we are hardly an example of perfection or perfect development.

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

Quote Originally Posted by MathMatician
    What Tickles My Pickel Is The Mental And Emotional Aspect Of Humans, Our Souls. I Think You'll Find More Enlightening Answers To The Questions Than Looking At Evidence. Why Do We Dream? Why Do We Feel Guilt And Remorse? Why Do We Kill? Why Do We Love? Why Do We Only Use 10% Of Our Minds?

Is This All From God? Who Knows, Because I Don't. Maybe Some Light Will Shed Upon Me As I Get Older And Wiser
    why do we dream - simple result of neurological activity in the forebrain of what we call sentient beings... nothing special here

why do we feel guilt and remorse? - very simple, ingrained concepts of what is right and wrong couple with a sense of what is beneficial to a species vs detrimental to a species (this has an evolutionary basis and is evolutionarily advantageous)

Why do we kill ? - simple result of psychological and sociological factors

why do we love - simple evolutionary adaptation to ensure the survival of the species. romantic love is driven by testosterone and serotinin level increase and basically is an evolutionary adaptation designed to get a creature in the mode of looking for a potential mate...nothing special here

why do we use 10 of our brain? - incorrect myth.. we use 100% of our brains 100% of the time.... right now, im using 100% of my brain and so are u, whether u know it or not.....nothing special here

thats an incorrect statement

when one studies biology, they learn exactlly how imperfect life is

Oh, I studied biology and I got the impression that life and the human body is so intricately and almost perfectly designed. I guess others have their own interpretations though.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

the temulent

i think those that justify the existence of god or a higher power with the arguement that "everything is too beautiful/perfect to be made by chance." are missing something very fundamental. this, to me falls apart almost immediately. whether something is beautiful or not is of course an opinion. know that saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," ever wondered why it's not "beauty is in the eye of the creator?" mainly because, beauty is not factual evidence of anything, it is not evidence of a divine purpose, it is just evidence of your appreciation. it is only evidence of your opinion. you may think the world is beautiful, and so do i, but i don't for one minute let that make me think that some divine being made it.

my opinion is that religion is a device to control people and make them do what you want. people need answers for everything, and if we don't have them, we feel empty. of course this hurts, so you need to fill it with something, which is why the idea of god is very satisfying. work hard all your life, don't break the law, don't question those in power, in other words, have absolutely no fun at all, just contribute to the system of control, and when you die, you get some unconfirmed divine eternity, which by the way is a paradoxical notion anyway. it all smells a bit to me. this is why i am an extreme scientist in the context that i don't believe in any supernatural forces, no ghosts, no spirits, no god, no jesus, no heaven, no hell, no salvation, no eternity, just us on our sick, sad little planet, fucking ourselves out of existence with climate change, political instability and blind, blind ignorance. religion is a stumbling block on the path of human evolution. the sooner we get rid of it, the better. all religion breeds is ignorance, double standards, hypocrisy, pride, and conflict.

no, i don't believe in god.
    peace, love, revolution.

the temulent

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs
    why do we dream - simple result of neurological activity in the forebrain of what we call sentient beings... nothing special here

why do we feel guilt and remorse? - very simple, ingrained concepts of what is right and wrong couple with a sense of what is beneficial to a species vs detrimental to a species (this has an evolutionary basis and is evolutionarily advantageous)

Why do we kill ? - simple result of psychological and sociological factors

why do we love - simple evolutionary adaptation to ensure the survival of the species. romantic love is driven by testosterone and serotinin level increase and basically is an evolutionary adaptation designed to get a creature in the mode of looking for a potential mate...nothing special here

why do we use 10 of our brain? - incorrect myth.. we use 100% of our brains 100% of the time.... right now, im using 100% of my brain and so are u, whether u know it or not.....nothing special here
    you seem like my kinda guy
    peace, love, revolution.

Yo I found a page on internet about the proof of God. Definitely interesting. It'll maybe bring some more discussion whether it's valid or not?

http://www.doesgodexist.org/Phamplets/Mansproof.html
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Oh, I studied biology and I got the impression that life and the human body is so intricately and almost perfectly designed. I guess others have their own interpretations though.
    it depends on your level of study and intricateness...

im not sure why u now state the qualifier "almost".. before perfection (something is either perfect or it is not.. if its almost perfect, its not perfect and thus the designer messed up somewhere..... )

any scientist or logical mind would tell u that "perfection" is a subjective assertion automatically biased by the presenter... how can something be perfect when we define perfection based on ourself as a subjective standard.

if one believes we are perfect, they must 1st tackle why do we possess useless wastefull deleterious genes in our genome?
    Last edited by My First Timbs; 06-05-2006 at 05:55 PM.