2 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ - Pieces Of A Man

Default AZ - Pieces Of A Man

1. New Life [Album Intro]
    2. Im Known
    3. How Ya Livin
    4. Trading Places/Manasia (Interlude)
    5. Whats the Deal/Half-A-Mil (Interlude)
    6. Love Is Love
    7. The Pay Back
    8. Just Because
    9. Sosa
    10. Its a Boy Thing
    11. Pieces of a (Black) Man
    12. Last Dayz
    13. Whatever Happened (The Birth)
    14. Trial of the Century
    15. Betcha Dont Know

Label : Virgin

Year : 1998 (April 7th)

Production : RZA, Nasheim Myrick, Trackmasters, Ty Fyfee and more..

bump. And lol at somebody voting for 1. Honestly, don't fuck up the poll. Nobody heard this album??

-

This album sucked. How Ya Livin with Nas is the best song on the album. I wonder how come Hey AZ song didn't make the album. That was the first single for the album.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    This album sucked. How Ya Livin with Nas is the best song on the album. I wonder how come Hey AZ song didn't make the album. That was the first single for the album.
    you really thought it sucked? I think it had some really dope tracks, fx How Ya Livin.. But yeah I also missed Hey Az, it's a great song.. but I think this album got a summer-feel, so I'm pretty hyped at it right now.. but what do you think is wack? Too many up-beat songs or? Lyrically he was on point IMO.. a few songs had a bad beat, but I would rate it a 7.5/10 or 8/10

-

I think the album sucked because the beats sucked. For some reason AZ makes boring albums. He's always been a tight mc but i don't like most of his beats. His fans say his first album is a classic but i disagree with that. That album is boring too. He had a few good cuts on Doe Or Die album i liked like Sugar Hill, Mo Money Mo Murder with Nas, Ho Happy Jackie. Gimme Yours remix that Erick Sermon produced is better than the album version. Only album i like by AZ is 9 Lives. Problems and Quiet Money TBS are my favorite joints on that album. What's the name of the song on 9 Lives that samples Styles P's voice saying i don't give a fuck what you spit, who you are, who you with and who the hell you can get? I like that song. I was very disappointed in AZ's last album AWOL. That album sucks too. I won't be buying his albums anymore.

Hehe ok.. but I actually think this album had OK beats.. but yeah, he definitely spits better than his beats sounds.. that's always been AZ's problem.. but you like 9 lives? You're like the only person I ever met that thought that... everybody are saying that it's his worst album.. Can't understand it.. it's really a great album..

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    Nah son its was a good LP not doe or die but a good lp.listen to the album it got some great songs, real hiphop heads no the deal peace.

I want you to put your hands together and
    welcome him to the stage -- a big round of applause for Jackson Heights'
    own, Mr. Randy Watson! Yesssss!!!! Randy Watson!

-

4 Bar Killer i think AZ's worst album is a toss up between Aziatic and AWOL. Both of those albums suck. You're right about AZ's problem has always been consistent tight beats. That's the same problem Canibus and Ras Kass have. Both of them are ill mc's but they never have tight beats consistently. Canibus's albums are boring too. I don't understand how tight mc's can spit tight lyrics but make boring songs.

The ABBOTT

I give it a 9/10. People saying that the beats were weak need to go back and take another listen, There is plenty of nice production on this by l.e.s., trackmasters, nasheim myrick, and the joint produced by the rza is sick. I always thought AZ had the second nicest flow ever only behind rakim. I really do not think there is one verse on the whole album that is weak.

I think this is his best album. I was listening to it yesterday and today...I gave it 10.

lol @ beats sucking....I havent heard one sub par beat on the album

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Ashamed to say that I never listened to it. I'ma do it ASAP.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I'll give it a 9.

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

My favorite album i'm a big AZ fan you know love this album from beginning to end
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    co muthafuckin sign. How ya livin is the only classic song on the album, and 2 other decent tracks are pieces of a black man and last dayz. the rest were just straight up wack. smh @ sosa's failed career. I was lenient enough to give it a 6/10. shouldve gave it 1/10 after second thoughts.

Wu Vatican

6.5/10.
    How Ya Livin is one of the worst tracks on the album! The title track is nice...the key change in there is perfect. The Birth....worth the price of admission alone. Dope track, lyrics, RZA killed it. I think the production was very solid on this album but there aren't any real stand-out bangers besides The Birth.