2 16.67%

4 33.33%

0 0%

2 16.67%

1 8.33%

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ, and Nature Present The Firm - The Album

it also kills me when people here a more commercial sounding beat and automatically dissmiss it. firm biz is slick as fuck

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Extraordinarily heightened expectations really made this album a no win situation. Not as horrible as it is made out to be.

I listened to this album recently. I only really like Phone Tap and Executive Decision. The rest of it is meh, just not that exciting for lyrics (not enough Nas) plus some meh production.

I am one of the rare people who actually likes AZ as an emcee more than Nas. That's without me denying that Nas-Illmatic might be THE best hip hop album of all time.

This album is solid <edit....no it is not> , but didn't live up to the hype. Tracks such as Firm All Stars and Fuck Somebody Else shouldn't have even made the album. And i skip the intros to the tracks (there's 5 intros!).

The Firm - Hardcore was weak.

The album seemed kind of cursed with some controversy over Cormega and Nature.

Five Minutes to Flush is why we have no knock warrants. And ripping off a classic Whodini beat just doesn't cut it.

I actually like the hit single and video track Firm Biz, even though it is kind of cheesy.

The tracks I still like to listen to 20+ years later are Desperados, I'm Leaving, and Throw Your Guns.

The album seems kind of thrown together and patchy. There is only like one song with the entire FIRM actually on the track.

I give the album a 6, maybe a 7. I wouldn't buy the album again unless it was in a dollar bin.

None of the tracks on this album were as good as the Firm cut Affirmative Action off of Nas - It Was Written
    Last edited by Sense-A; 09-27-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Too much build up before the album release. Decent as a compilation, only so and so as a 'group' album.

Personally I like the album for what it is. Could it have been better? Sure.