Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wii or PS3? What will be better?

Nintendo Wii

Guaranteed to be und $250(prolly $199:.....$250 prolly bundled w/game)
    Backwards compatibility of 20 years of games
    New fresh way to play games(and old way as well)
    Any one can play...from the hardcore gamer to a baby or an old geezer..
    Mario, Metriod, Zelda, and Smash Bros.(Solid Snake is in this game YAY!)
    Games will be as low as $29.99(due to lower development cost - even lower for virtual console games)
    Free internet play!

PS3

$600 for the "Smart" version (you'd have to be an idiot to get the cheaper version)
    games will range from $59.99 - $99.99 (just announced "http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151823"
    after 2 or so games....is the system really worth $700 -$800(after tax)
    if you don't own a high def you won't tell the difference.
    I must admit the games will look unparalled on an HDTV...but will this even matter if the games aren't FUN!!!??
    controller is the exact same as before w/out rumble feature...and the simplistic tilt function (6 degrees only)

Simply put......Nintendo will give you more fun per dollar !!! even sony fans have to agree with that.

Wii will rock you!!
    Death to sony!!
    haha

Veteran Member

Yeah, now that i think about it Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

whichever system has zelda has me.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    whichever system has zelda has me.
    co-sign. zelda is the god of all games.

ps3. nintendo systems in recent year haven't impressed me at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by born invincible
    first off... i will be buying both. reason?

PS3 = MGS 4

Wii = Legend of Zelda Twighlight Princess

thats enuff reason for me...

altho i wont be buying the PS3 right at launch because MGS 4 wont be available till sometime in 2007..

if Zelda is available at the Wii launce then im bagging it...
    i'm in the exact same shoes as you. these are the reasons each system appeals to me, but fuck i'm gonna have nowhere near enough money to make myself happy. but zelda is coming out along with the wii.

PS3 is gonna be better graphics than 360 cuz they had a year longer to work on it
    PS3 has metal gear solid 4 that all i need but i'm not die hard enuff to spen $699 on it when it first come out
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

ps3 easy i think. that nintendo will be to simple i think to be good.

plus u know the ps3 is going to be better by the cost. you pay that extra cheese for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzywoe
    I must admit the games will look unparalled on an HDTV...but will this even matter if the games aren't FUN!!!??
    who said the games wouldnt be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex7113
    ps3 easy i think. that nintendo will be to simple i think to be good.

plus u know the ps3 is going to be better by the cost. you pay that extra cheese for a reason.
    you pay the extra cost because the ps3 has a built in blu ray dvd player....which aint worth sh*t if you aint got a hdtv.

and paying that much for 1 game and an sytem (over $800 after tax) is an awful trade in value.

really? the cost cant be just that though, it will be a more powerfull machine, i think i got to get it, i dont like that one handed controll either, im going to have a better look at the nintendo b4 buying but i always get playstation, do nintendo do most of the same games as x box and playstation cos they dont seem to.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex7113
    really? the cost cant be just that though, it will be a more powerfull machine, i think i got to get it, i dont like that one handed controll either, im going to have a better look at the nintendo b4 buying but i always get playstation, do nintendo do most of the same games as x box and playstation cos they dont seem to.
    I dont know what you mean. Do you mean does nintendo the company make their own games, or do you mean do they have 3rd party games that also come out on xbox and playstation systems. Im confused.

Nintendo has their own games that are only for nintendo, Microsoft and Sony also have their own exclusive line up. Halo for xbox, Gta and FF for Playstation. Well, now they will be on the xbox 360 as well. So, yeah the Wii might only have exclusive games that will remain nintendo property.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by mizzywoe
    you pay the extra cost because the ps3 has a built in blu ray dvd player....which aint worth sh*t if you aint got a hdtv.

and paying that much for 1 game and an sytem (over $800 after tax) is an awful trade in value.
    Mizzy is right, the blu-ray technology is costly to make. That is why its so expensive.

"you pay that extra cheese for a reason" I'm sorry that funny. Paying more doesn't mean you're getting a better product. Sony is known for having really crappy hardware. In the gaming world. Hardware only, the PSP is so breakable, while the ds can last longer and wont break if you drop it.

I'm not stating which one is better, Im just saying that in that case hardware wise. The PSP cost more, yet is less sustainable.

Veteran Member

Alex, it will be more powerful, but that is the truth. Blu-ray is whats making it so expensive. It is a completely new technology. Its HD-DVD, its not a standard DVD player. PS2 and XBOX cost alot more than CUBE and DREAMCAST, why do you think? Its because part of the reason besides the former two having more devices and gadgets, is because they have a dvd player. A dvd-player alone at that time in 2001 cost around 500 dollars, for a good one. Now a dvd player cost between 50-100 dollars for a average one that works.

Blu-ray players now cost $1000, seriously, look it up. Thats why is so expensive. But we are getting a good deal. So, $600 really isn't bad compare to how much a blu-ray player itself cost. PS3 is a game system with the blu-ray player installed. one grand compare to $600 is heaven. Let's hope everything Sony said about the system will remain intact.

Veteran Member

I think you need every system. I have an xbox, PS2 and Cube, and all have games that I love to play. Cube really is a good system. Despite what nintendo haters say. Thw wii will be amzing for its innovation and new feel for games. I have the 360 now and Online I think will dominate with the 360. PS3 will rule with rpgs and sports, plus mgs4 and dmc4. So, yeah, you need all of them cause they all have something to offer. It sucks when people shit on the systems. You cant hate it unless you tried it. PS3 and the Wii will both be great systems. Right noe the DS is amazing in my opinion. I actually like it better than the PSP. I go back and forth on them, but for the past year, the DS has been really good. But lately, I am starting to see some amazing games for the PSP. So, lets see. BTW, New Supermario Bros. is so fucking awesome. Damn thats a good game.