Thread: // Getting Homebrew to run on your PSP //

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

Default // Getting Homebrew to run on your PSP //

this is basically just a step by step method of getting the homebrew to run on your PSP if your interested. hope this helps!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

first things first.. if you have anything on your PSP memory card that you want to save.. do it now. just drag all the PSP files on your memory stick to your PC and save it.

things you will need:

1. GTA Liberty City Stories

2. eLoader

3. USB cord to attach PSP to PC

4. Memory stick with some free space.. (atleast 50MB to be safe)

side note:
    According to a story at PSPUpdates, it seems that Rockstar have finally released an updated Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories UMD that patches the exploit that lets Cheat Device and the eLoader work.

So - if you are looking to buy GTA to run homebrew, it would be a good idea to check which version you're buying. There doesn't seem to be a way to tell from the outside of the packaging, but the new version includes a v2.6 firmware update (compared to the v2.0 firmware update on the original UMD). So, if you can test the UMD in your PSP, you'll be able to work out whether it's the original or patched version.

try looking at game stores for used copies, etc...

now....go here to download the eloader file:

"Biere d'Asace aka eLoader"

this is the 2nd or 3rd version of the eLoader. i chose this one because i have had no problem with it at all... there are more current versions of the eLoader available here:

Noobz

IMPORTANT.. MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING A PSP WITH THE FIRMWARE v2.0 OR HIGHER. I DONT THINK THIS ELOADER WORKS ON ANYTHING LOWER. just plug in your psp and choose USB mode. then run the program i attached. just follow the instructions it gives. when it asks if you want the TIFF or GTA eloader just choose GTA since you have the game already. then choose the US version and DEFAULT. uncheck everything else. you can check out this site for more info and updates:

Noobz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    once you have the eloader installed go here for the original NES emulator:

http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-b...?0,0,0,0,5,602
    ------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    if your interested in a SEGA GENESIS emulator go here:

http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,10,802
    ------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    now that you have your emulator set up go here for the ROMs that you will need:

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms.html

For a more updated list of working homebrew by versions you can go here too:

Noobz

once you have your eloader installed and emulators downloaded just place the whole emulator folder here:

PSP > GAME

just open your PSP folder once its plugged in. Double click the PSP folder. Double click the GAME folder. Place the emulator in there. Then take the the game file (once you uzip the game file it will have 2 files in it.. a readme file and the ROM file.) take the ROM file (not the readme) and place it in the EMULATOR folder. should look like this:

PSP > GAME (whole emulator folder in here) > EMULATOR FILE > ROM (inside emulator folder).

then unlpug the PSP from your PC.. start Grand Theft Auto. it may auto load the eloader automatically.. or it may just load a GTA game. if the eloader loads then just choose your Emulator ( i recomend the NES one.) then go down and choose your game. if GTA loads instead, just hit start > load > choose the eloader file.

if you wanna stop playing your ROM and choose another press the L1 button on your PSP. if you wanna exit the emulator and choose a different emulator press and hold L1 + L2 + Start.

i initially wrote this tutorial about 3 or 4 months ago.. i went in and tried to update the links and any important info so if you run into any problems or have any additional questions just drop a line here!!

peace//

Oztradamus

Props Born..

I'm going to try this when I get home tonight..It will work with 2.6 Firmware right?

update. v2.0 thru v2.6 has been cracked and can now be downgraded to v1.5

altho i personally wouldnt do it... for those extremem home brew fans you can read about it here. nice work by the folks at SonyXTeam!!!

New Downgrader

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse
    born is there any way to make the snes emulators run faster mine is having serious lag issues

you can always bump it up to 333MGZ but theres a chance u can brick your shit... there should be a part in the emulator menu to bump it up.

thats mainly why i stopped using my SNES and Sega emulators... too slow. same thing with my NeoGeo emulator...