La Cosa Nostra

Default Re: Tha Anti Haters Movement

Remember

tru words fortyglock

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

Wu Vatican

it was hard for me to watch micheal jordan on the wizards too.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Alot of people get stuck in time. U gotta evolve thru the years, man. It's something called Growth & Development. Wu never fell off, Hip-Hop fell off. When I wanna reminice about how good Hip-Hop used to be I pop in either one of those 7 Wu-Tang classics from 93-97. But the Wu evolved. Just cuz people are being programed by radio to like a certain kind of Hip-Hop, these niggaz SWEAR on they moms grave that Wu fell off. People even say Wu-Tang broke up & all types of shit. Why? Just cuz U dont see them in your screens all day or hear them on radio. Wu-Tang music is alive and well. Another thing: U can't re-create a classic. You can't make another 36 Chambers. U can either surpasss it, create something wacker, or create something just as good. But u cannot make another 36 Chambers. If Cuban Linx 2 is wacker than the first it will not dilute the legacy of the original Cuban Linx.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

stop whinning and let people have their own opinions
    muahz to shifter..love you

MS_Sexy has spoken. That aint u on the pic, stop lyin. Na just kiddin, u mad pretty.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordReveal
    Alot of people get stuck in time. U gotta evolve thru the years, man. It's something called Growth & Development. Wu never fell off, Hip-Hop fell off. When I wanna reminice about how good Hip-Hop used to be I pop in either one of those 7 Wu-Tang classics from 93-97. But the Wu evolved. Just cuz people are being programed by radio to like a certain kind of Hip-Hop, these niggaz SWEAR on they moms grave that Wu fell off. People even say Wu-Tang broke up & all types of shit. Why? Just cuz U dont see them in your screens all day or hear them on radio. Wu-Tang music is alive and well. Another thing: U can't re-create a classic. You can't make another 36 Chambers. U can either surpasss it, create something wacker, or create something just as good. But u cannot make another 36 Chambers. If Cuban Linx 2 is wacker than the first it will not dilute the legacy of the original Cuban Linx.
    exactly, totally agree, to the haters - wu tang grew as people, what, you didnt think thier music would grow aswell ??

it seems that a lot of you are starting to get it but let me clarify some things.

i dont think anyone is afraid of change. wu has ALWAYS changed. even when they made those earth shattering joints of the golden 93-97 era they didnt all sound the same. if people really didnt like change then they would've stopped listening to wu after tical cuz the sound on each solo changed up all the damn time.

i think people just want quality music and they dont feel like the stuff wu is making right now is quality, no matter what sound is on it. seriously though...people like the pillage, the first 2 bobby albums, beneath the surface, wu-tang forever, supreme clientele just as much as they like 36 chambers, tical, ghostdog, liquid swords, heavy mental, etc.

wu-tang has always made commercial joints...all i need, cream, shimmy shimmy ya, ice cream, all that i got is you, its yourz, triumph, gravel pit, pinky ring, etc. but those songs were dope as well as commercially appealing. now they're just makin wack cheese. change is good and essential, AS LONG AS ITS NOT FOR THE WORSE!

as far as wu falling off or not. thats a matter of opinion. if you like all the stuff they are making right now then no, if you not feeling the stuff then yes. record sales dont have shit to do with it cuz many excellent hiphop albums go rubbermaid while complete garbage albums sell millions(vanilla ice's album is the highest selling "hiphop" album ever). good record sales are based on promotion, noteriety and reputation, not as much on album quality.

and as it shaolindarts has already said, we came to love wu-tang is different eras. some got into wu-tang on cuban linx and some on lex diamond story. some got in on 36 chambers and some on iron flag. so some of us wu-heads who are 10 years in have to respect the newer fans comin in who were not apart of the golden era and the newbies have to understand that the older fans do remember a time when things were better and we know what wu-tang is capable of and we want wu to perform up to their potential.

i dont think anyone here is hatin on wu cuz they wouldnt spend time comin to this site if they hated wu. we just hate on each other cuz someone thinks differently. its a waste of time cuz music is subjective. what someone else think about music has nothing to do with you. unless someone wants to buy music for you, who cares what they think? listen to what you like and let other be. its okay if you like pretty toney and someone else doesnt. its nothin to feel threatened about.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts
    I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of fans on this site. There are the fans from way back when Wu was doing a bit better who have been fans for a while. And then there seem to be a breed of newer fans based on the newer albums and mostly Ghostface stuff. It seems that the two types of fans just don't get along.

I think u might've hit the nail on the head with that one! That seems to really be the case!
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

Keeping It Real Tang Peace
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

Really 2 be honest..........iMO the newer young wu-fans are nut balls! They just got a corny vibe about 'em!

Really i don't even undertsand how u can even be a new wu-fan?? Its like if you're not a fan by now or been a fan from back in the day??? Then what the fuck sense does it make 2 become a fan now? U done missed wu when they were in their prime! I mean i'm not knockin wu for gaining new fans thatz kool for them! But the new fans look stupid! Like how the fuck u start liking wu 2wards the end of their careers? Thatz like becoming a Micheal Jordan fan after the nigga done retired, fell off, got fat, lost a few steps then decides to come back and play. Itz like huh??????? Shit doesn't make sense! Wu been stopped putting out consistent heat! Wu hasn't had a hot streak since the late 90's......

Not hating just my thoughts....
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

Yeah I Know What U Mean Its That Knowledge They Probably Hear About From Some Wise Individual Drop That Jewel No What I Mean Wu Tang Forever Motha Fuckas
    Peace
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36
    it seems that a lot of you are starting to get it but let me clarify some things.

i dont think anyone is afraid of change. wu has ALWAYS changed. even when they made those earth shattering joints of the golden 93-97 era they didnt all sound the same. if people really didnt like change then they would've stopped listening to wu after tical cuz the sound on each solo changed up all the damn time.

i think people just want quality music and they dont feel like the stuff wu is making right now is quality, no matter what sound is on it. seriously though...people like the pillage, the first 2 bobby albums, beneath the surface, wu-tang forever, supreme clientele just as much as they like 36 chambers, tical, ghostdog, liquid swords, heavy mental, etc.

wu-tang has always made commercial joints...all i need, cream, shimmy shimmy ya, ice cream, all that i got is you, its yourz, triumph, gravel pit, pinky ring, etc. but those songs were dope as well as commercially appealing. now they're just makin wack cheese. change is good and essential, AS LONG AS ITS NOT FOR THE WORSE!

as far as wu falling off or not. thats a matter of opinion. if you like all the stuff they are making right now then no, if you not feeling the stuff then yes. record sales dont have shit to do with it cuz many excellent hiphop albums go rubbermaid while complete garbage albums sell millions(vanilla ice's album is the highest selling "hiphop" album ever). good record sales are based on promotion, noteriety and reputation, not as much on album quality.

and as it shaolindarts has already said, we came to love wu-tang is different eras. some got into wu-tang on cuban linx and some on lex diamond story. some got in on 36 chambers and some on iron flag. so some of us wu-heads who are 10 years in have to respect the newer fans comin in who were not apart of the golden era and the newbies have to understand that the older fans do remember a time when things were better and we know what wu-tang is capable of and we want wu to perform up to their potential.

i dont think anyone here is hatin on wu cuz they wouldnt spend time comin to this site if they hated wu. we just hate on each other cuz someone thinks differently. its a waste of time cuz music is subjective. what someone else think about music has nothing to do with you. unless someone wants to buy music for you, who cares what they think? listen to what you like and let other be. its okay if you like pretty toney and someone else doesnt. its nothin to feel threatened about.

So very well put!!! Very acurate! I don't think any1 can put it any better than this?? Perfect! 10 outta 10! On that note i think we all need 2 call a peace treaty!