Page 1 of 48 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Punk/hardcore

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

Default Punk/hardcore

I fuckin love punk and hardcore music.
    and for all yall who asscociate that with emo shit,
    FUCK EMO!
    what im talkin about is straight up punk rock! no need for record executive pushin ya around, no need for mad advertisement. im talkin about raw music here. and yall wu heads on here (including me) obviously appreciate raw music. and when i say raw, im talkin about punk and hardcore that pummel a hole in ya fukin head wen u listen to it. Check the Germs, Bad Brains, early Misfits, Clash, Minor Threat, Black Flag and all that shit...and stay away from new bands like Taking Back Sunday and another new bands who claim to be punk, cuz theyre just faggots.
    rock on mothafuckazzzz!!!

i still dont get emo, what is that crap?

emo is people with faggoty hair and lots of eyemakeup who slit their wrists because they think no1 loves them (which is true)
    and then they write songs about it and become stars for all the young MTV watchers.
    pathetic.

old emo circa mid-80s to early 90s was actually wicked good hardcore. some great bands that if people heard today people would be like "wtf this isn't emo." straight up screamy hardcore. but yeah punk and hardcore is all i listen to, nonstop 24/7. got tons of good thrash and shit on my comp from all eras and countries plus tons o' vinyl.

i'll upload some shit, but most if it is apple audio files so you'd need itunes to play most of my collection.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

I love rock in general..not that super screaming shit. Well certain screaming is ok depending on the song. Anyway, I trully love all types of rock music.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

shit man i dunt have itunes, oh well upload some shit anyways, itll be useful for somebody

you should get itunes, it makes things way easy to listen to and organize and you can play .m4a files

i'll upload some shit now. also you can listen to the radio show my friend and i do, every friday night at midnight. you can stream it at wmbr.org

Culture Shock Punk Radio. check it out if you're free from 12-2 tomorrow night, hear some new shit.

this is a boston band, they're all like 20 or 21, and they're getting huge. this is from their upcoming LP that is going to be a classic:

Have Heart "The Machinist"

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Warrior
    I fuckin love punk and hardcore music.
    and for all yall who asscociate that with emo shit,
    FUCK EMO!
    what im talkin about is straight up punk rock! no need for record executive pushin ya around, no need for mad advertisement. im talkin about raw music here. and yall wu heads on here (including me) obviously appreciate raw music. and when i say raw, im talkin about punk and hardcore that pummel a hole in ya fukin head wen u listen to it. Check the Germs, Bad Brains, early Misfits, Clash, Minor Threat, Black Flag and all that shit...and stay away from new bands like Taking Back Sunday and another new bands who claim to be punk, cuz theyre just faggots.
    rock on mothafuckazzzz!!!
    I´m not up on new shit but you´re on track with Minor Threat Clash and the Bad Brains...I´d say also Manisthebastard, Defiance, The Casualties (For the Punx album only), The Partisans, Fugazi, Husker Du, The Wipers, Rites Of Spring, Discharge, Distraught, The Pist (excellent CT/HC punx), Samhain, State Of Fear, DOOM, and Dead Kennedys

Quote Originally Posted by kwu
    I´m not up on new shit but you´re on track with Minor Threat Clash and the Bad Brains...I´d say also Manisthebastard, Defiance, The Casualties (For the Punx album only), The Partisans, Fugazi, Husker Du, The Wipers, Rites Of Spring, Discharge, Distraught, The Pist (excellent CT/HC punx), Samhain, State Of Fear, DOOM, and Dead Kennedys

right on! Rites of Spring is great, DOOM fucking rules (along with bands like Destroy and Disrupt), DK is classic, and SAMHAIN is probably my fav of all listed.

Quote Originally Posted by crass
    this is a boston band, they're all like 20 or 21, and they're getting huge. this is from their upcoming LP that is going to be a classic:

Have Heart "The Machinist"
    yo i dl'd itunes, this song is fuckin raw. does this band have a website or sometin i could check?
    props crass, if there was rep, id give u it

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus
    I love rock in general..not that super screaming shit. Well certain screaming is ok depending on the song. Anyway, I trully love all types of rock music.
    co-sign

Why hasnt anyone mentioned The Ramones yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Warrior
    yo i dl'd itunes, this song is fuckin raw. does this band have a website or sometin i could check?
    props crass, if there was rep, id give u it
    awewsome, glad you dug it! im at work right now so i cna't upload anything but i'll upload some more good shit this weekend. they don't have a website but i think their myspace is www.myspace.com/haveheart

also see if you can check out my radio show tonight (it's archived so you can listen to it at any time) wmbr.org 12-2am

Gotta love that punk rock. The Ramones, and Misfits are no doubt my favourite bands

Chicks dig giant robots