Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Punk/hardcore

idk who here likes daughters besides me and 9th warrior...but their ST 3rd LP is out march..(or supposed to be) and the band is pretty much done.

no DEATH did not invent punk rock. as far as punk goes one can say MC5 Stooges but alot of people credit the punk predate to the Monks. Yes the Monks - check their history. i find them to be more garage /psych but thats what eveyone says - it was mid sixties so who knows.

middle class was probably the first hardcore record but it was looked at as more of a joke. its pretty cool - i love the song out of vogue. personally, its funny to me that no one gives the Germs credit for hardcore with their GI lp. That shit was banging. oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by coughcool View Post
    personally, its funny to me that no one gives the Germs credit for hardcore with their GI lp. That shit was banging. oh well...
    thats actually a good point

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

yo Dusk good looks on reminding me of how much i like daughters, i had no idea a new joint was coming...sucks that they're pretty much broken up though. has anyone heard the album yet? is it good?

ya check my thread for it.

resurrecting this shit...saw Dusk's SWANS sig. Swans was the best thing that happened to music.

i tend to feel the same sometimes

is anyone here in a band? im attaching a link for my label/bands if you guys wanna check it out. punk and hardcore in the vein of BGK, Minor Threat, Really Red, Big Boys....stuff like that....

http://agrowax.blogspot.com/

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Warrior View Post
    resurrecting this shit...saw Dusk's SWANS sig. Swans was the best thing that happened to music.
    Indeed. The new album is great. Every time I try to compile what the best Swans albums are, I always start with Cop/Young God and The Great Annihilator and then end up including everything!

I've been really into Skitsystem's album Stigmata and World Burns to Death's album Totalitarian Sodomy lately. Any other recommendations for really brutal death/black metal influenced crust & d-beat?

Any other recommendations for really brutal death/black metal influenced crust & d-beat?

you might wanna check out Black Breath - its VERY swedish death metal influenced (it was produced exactly like Entombed's Left Hand Path) but with obvious hardcore undertones. its metal but like it alot.

You would probably REALLY like Obliteration

syphallitic vaginas is another to check out...

for obvious D-beat influence Inepsy's first few records were oretty good...

theres alot of great punk / HC out now too that you might wanna check out......

Omegas - sonic order EP
    the Energy - from houston
    if you havent heard Jay Reatards Blood visions album from a few years back you gotta hear it
    Off! - first four EPs
    Citizens Arrest
    No Talk - Leather Discipline LP RULES

hope this helps!

PRODIGAL SUN

^More bands like that please.

Jerome's Dream...don't really need an introduction. This nigga blew his voice out for the music, one of the first to do it without a fuckin mic. As you will see he doesn't really need it. Real heads been checking for footage of this high quality for a minute, here is a blessing.
    This is some of the hardest shit out. Wish I was a little bit older so I could have experienced it in real life.
    Last edited by 9th Warrior; 03-09-2011 at 02:29 PM.

fuck i aint done this in so long i dunno how to post a fucking youtube vid. search jeromes dream on youtube its the first vid