Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Estimate The 1st week sales bet: Meth's 421

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Sincere83
    When i say stan, i mean people that love him to death its not really in a bad way. Just you got them hardcore meth fans.

But the thing that i dont understand, people here in this forum want him to fail? what type of fucked up shit is that, Look at that nigga Evol said. "I HOPE HE FLOPS WORSE THAN TONY YAYO" you also have people sayin that he would only do 50k or 100k. And saying that maybe 300k in total? Tical O did way more than that, What up with all this negativity. This is a Wu-tang forum, all ya hattin as niggas go over to the Dipset or some bullshit homo group like that....
    No it's not like that. I wish Method Man would sell millions of records, but to be realistic, he will, at the absolute most, go gold. Prequel went gold without a lot of promotion but fans were anticipating that album pretty big due to the face it was 6 years since his last album. I just don't sense that same type of anticipation not only among hip hop fans but even to the diehard fans on this board. But as I said before, I hope he sells great.

Veteran Member

Theres a difference between being "realistic and mean" about it and jus being "realistic" most of y'all are jus being mean and negative towards everything Wu is doing. Maybe this hasnt been their best years or anything, but still.....jus being straight up negative with every comment you make isnt going to change anything or make it different......and thats jus being "realistic and negative" But i hope he does good, Masta Killa, and Rae!
    "I gotcha back, but you best watch your front,
    cuz its the niggaz who front that be pullin stuntz."
    -Gza

Quote Originally Posted by LikwidSwordz
    Theres a difference between being "realistic and mean" about it and jus being "realistic" most of y'all are jus being mean and negative towards everything Wu is doing. Maybe this hasnt been their best years or anything, but still.....jus being straight up negative with every comment you make isnt going to change anything or make it different......and thats jus being "realistic and negative" But i hope he does good, Masta Killa, and Rae!
    Co-sign

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sincere83
    Co-sign
    make that two
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

Also look what i found on billboard.com a couple of days ago, its mad old but just in case.

"After numerous delays, the MC released his third solo album, Tical 0 - The Prequel in 2004. He allegedly finished off 20 tracks with The Rza as the producer but Def Jam opted to release a version that only featured one of those cuts."

So ya cant entirely blame Meth on that one when he wanted Rza to produced Tical 0 but Def Jam hated on him. I remember seen the first advertisement for Tical 0 the prequel on the Source in Winter of 2000!!! and the album came out sometime in spring of 2004.
    Last edited by Sincere83; 07-02-2006 at 11:50 AM.

the prequel...as bad as it was....with little to NO promotion....one single that wasnt even getting much airplay.....and a 2nd single that wasnt even looked at twice.....after all that MEF went gold

THATS being realistic
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Herbivore

118k.

FRESH FISH

just to let u know this album prolly wont come out on the date that its supposed to. There has been no news on it. no advertising and its only a month away?

Raekwon still dont got a release date and hes got all these tracks floating online. hes got ads, news. etc.

So what happens if you place a bet and the album gets delayed like tical 0 the prequel?

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit
    Ya'll hatin...

I'll say 180,000 ... hope its more...
    "hatin" "stans" .....honestly you peeps need to grow up. I say 50,000-70,000.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Quote Originally Posted by TUCO
    the prequel...as bad as it was....with little to NO promotion....one single that wasnt even getting much airplay.....and a 2nd single that wasnt even looked at twice.....after all that MEF went gold

THATS being realistic
    completely on point

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

meth can go gold no doubt, since peeps was dissapointed with his last lp, they'll be curious to cop the new one. if it is good as we suspect, and with couple singles and promotion, chances on being platinum aint too hard. meth is the mascot of the wu. reaching the masses is the easiest thru the method.

i hope he can pull at least what ghost did with fishscale in its first week.

zomg im a hater and i will change my prediction. Meth will sell 1.2 million on his first day and go 18 times platinum. He will become the next big thing in America and be in commercials and sell out stadiums by himself. He'll market a new chewing gum called 'meth breath' and it will be aimed at bud smokers to clean their rotten mouths ( big lu ) He will be bigger than any other rapper before him...........

^ Just kidding. 8 records he will sell. Your going to download his shit anyway.

method mans a pretty big name, but people will wait to buy it i think, beacuse the prequel sucked, they wait to hear some more of it
    hopefully def jam dont fuck this shit up, and get rid of rza again
    think def jam should fuck off
    meth can go to an indie label

Oztradamus

Already platinum...

150,000... He might go gold due to his commercial popularity, but we all know that its not about New York rap anymore... As a matter of fact he might not even get a lot of support from Def Jam, look what happened to Ghost: Only one video, and it was basically giving shine to another one of their artist...I think the song is recognized more because of Ne-yo, not Ghost. On some real shit FUCK Def Jam: I ve been waiting for Redman's album since 04...