Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nas - God's Son

BlessedRThoseWhoStruggle Wu Apprentice's Avatar

Slept on Nas through the nineties up and wish I hadn't. This is a good album with some classic tracks on it but some skippable tracks as well. 7.5/10
    Last edited by Wu Apprentice; 09-21-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    "The devil trembles when he knows the body is the temple and God is in you
    It's hard to continue when it's hard to offend you
    He snarls and sets traps, that have you setback
    The last round in this death match
    So strengthen where you're best at
    I promise you won't regret that" - Killah Priest

Slept on Nas?! Were you not born yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Apprentice View Post
    Slept on Nas through the nineties

Quote Originally Posted by shogun85 View Post
    Slept on Nas?
    I have to admit, I also slept on Nas. Back then, all I was bumpin was Gravediggaz, Wu and Redman, mixed in with some Cypress and Cube (WSC). The only Nas I was bumpin TBH was The Firm ( No matter though, his verses on that record are some of, if not, his best).

Mind you....had I had the internet access, we do today, things would have been different.

-

You like Cypress Hill? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. The only albums by them I listen to are the first one and Black Sunday. I was listening to their first album last night and I listened to the songs Pigs and How I Could Just Kill A Man(I don't know why this video isn't on Youtube). I've been a Nas fan since Illmatic. Even though I think most of his albums suck, I'm still a fan. He's very good. I thought it was interesting to hear him say in a interview he did with Funkmaster Flex that he was scared of battling Big L. I think a lot of New York rappers were scared of Big L LOL. Big L was very good and I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

You like Cypress Hill? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    I only like Temples Of Boom.

-

You like Temples Of Boom more than their first album? Hahahahahahaha. I only like about 3 songs on Temples Of Boom LOL. Ice Cube made me laugh when he dissed them on King Of The Hill when he said I don't know one bitch on your dick and I don't know one nigga bumping your shit hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Coming with a voice high pitch. The b for B-Real must stand for bitch LOL. At the end of the song, he sang their Illusions song on Temples Of Boom and he said I'm having illusions from westside niggas whipping on your muthafucking ass hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's what you having illusions of bitch LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Decent album. Some of the tracks feel rather unfinished. But he had some nice joints on there.

Get Down, Made You Look, Last Real Nigga Alive, Zone Out, Book Of Rhymes, Revolutionary Warfare, Mastermind, are all good tracks.

On a good day, it's about 7 outta 10 for me. On a regular day, it's about a 6. A good solid album with some flaws. I think part of the problem was that Nas rushed this one out due to what he was going through. He should have waited till 2003 to drop this album and taken more time with it.