Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chappelle's Show. The lost episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Alex7113
    Didn't he get a lot of shit from people his comedy offended?
    Maybe...but those type of ppl have nothing better to put their time and effort into.

NOT 50 MILLION
    he said 25 of that he would have to put into the show so only 25 million, and we all know 25 isnt that much these days...
    lol

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin2k
    NOT 50 MILLION
    he said 25 of that he would have to put into the show so only 25 million, and we all know 25 isnt that much these days...
    lol
    25 mil is alot.....and he wanted to donate half of his salary of 50 mil to charity.....not 25 mil toward the show.....comedy central floats that bill

Dave said that if you watch that shit then you aint a real fan. I got block party for fathers day and I see what he stands for by seeing that. I aint watchin it. My wife say that she wants to but if you think about why he left and went to africa and what really happened then you might understand why he's doing what hes doing. Dave believes in a better spectrum than mainstream entertainment. IDK... All I'm saying is that he is a real artist and I respect his work.

Quote Originally Posted by edbigghead
    whatever...

he explained everything on oprah. my sister told me about it and i found it somewhere on the internet, i sat through the whole thing but don't remember a lot.

i think he lost a good amount of creative control in the show though, and there were probably a lot more limits and pressure on him for the third season so i think he just said fuck it, i gotta get away.

he was on anderson cooper's show the other day and explained everything. He didnt say he didnt want people to watch the episodes since true fans would want to see material from him and they would also want to support him by not watching them. He even said he would probaly watch them.
    As for his going to africa, he made it seem like he realized that his world was going crazy, with the fame, money, and all the trappings that come with it, had a religious epiphany or something, and went to africa to find himself. One of his issues with comedy central that made him not come back after the sabbatical was that he wanted half the profits from the dvd sales to go to charities and comedy central wouldnt do it.
    Its sad the show didnt go on, since it was one of the greatest things ever, but chapelle did the right thing and is just trying to stay sane as he becomes a big star.

thanks^

Veteran Member

Just another example of the network execs (white) trying to control...........

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of Poetry
    Just another example of the network execs (white) trying to control...........
    Always have to be a white black thing with some of you here.
    It is not like they were not offering him 50MILLION DOLLARS for his work and time.

Im watching it because it is funny shite. Dave seems to forget about the fans he gained while he did that show. His blockparty movie would of never even been filmed if we didnt support Chappelles show. And his stand up acts would be not as popular if we didnt see him on the show.

He is being selfish. But it is his life and choice and even I respect that.

Ed..., cmon man. You serious on that selfish tip or r you just sayin shit to say it. This thread is going into ktl topics in a few pages if it even makes it that far.

On brighter notes, wheres chica06 an Tek? They go to africa too or what?

Dave heard too many "whaaaaats" and "oooookays" and "bitches" - you guys know how out of control that shit got - corny people thought since they watched Chapelle it somehow made them cool - imagine being Dave Chapelle and hearing that as many times as he does every day, i'd wanna shoot myself in the brain - he realized the ridiculous affect his skits had on the world, too much pressure

"...when i was 12, i went to hell for snuffin Jesus" -GOD's SON

Quote Originally Posted by Chief 'Broom
    Dave heard too many "whaaaaats" and "oooookays" and "bitches" - you guys know how out of control that shit got - corny people thought since they watched Chapelle it somehow made them cool - imagine being Dave Chapelle and hearing that as many times as he does every day, i'd wanna shoot myself in the brain - he realized the ridiculous affect his skits had on the world, too much pressure
    Truue.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity tha God
    Ed..., cmon man. You serious on that selfish tip or r you just sayin shit to say it.
    I think he is being a bit selfish. The man cant even really explain why he did what he did. I also think he regrets his decision but is too proud to call comedy central.