Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weight lifting

anyone have an opinion on the bowflex? it looks interesting but TV lies a lot.

and fuck i haven't worked out in over a week, i'm getting that summertime laziness setting in.

i lift weights at home and a gym would definately be bigger motivation, but it's damn convenient here as for now i have everything i need, i can do a full training program. i just need better mental focus and maybe some protein shakes, i messed with that for like a month and saw some improvement but then stopped, and decreased in size a bit, mainly on my forearms. i'm an ectomorph for all you physically knowledgable people so i've been trying to get more calories in me, and protein shakes are even more beneficial for me i hear.

the shit about all the health food like protein shakes is it costs so damn much.

VernakuLa

yall fuckers want to know how to weightlift?

aight, two ways to do that

1. work one section (lower or upper body) out hard during about a 45 minute time frame....Be sure to have a breakfast of protein and fruits and juice...eat meats constantly around the day for every two hours, until after 3 in the afternoon, after this point you should really cut down on food intake..but the key is protein, right after you work out, drink a protein shake (my favorite is muscle milk chocolate) within two weeks you'll see results

2. Best way to get shit like your bench up, is circuit training, circuit training is were you pick 80% of your max weight and bench it 8 times...do this with freinds....you keep going until you get down to sixty percent of what u can do, and so on...after that you do sixteens...sixteens are when u take the bar without any weight and do eight regular reps, after you do that you control i slowly all the way down, and keep doing it in that order until u need some1 to help u lift the bar up...then proceed to do 10 pushups....

thats basically what i did and i was benchin 130, but now i can get that up with ease

VernakuLa

Wu Vatican

anybody fuck with no-explode and cell mass here. seems to be working for me.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Fresh 2 Deff

you should get the pills that the "russian stormtroops" get !!!
    Some guy showed me em, he said they dont cost that much here...
    anyways, i dont bodybuild or weightlift, doesnt interrest me,
    but if u wanna be big, and angry, eat those pills !

i post on another forum to get ideas of training and what not cuz i do alot of sports and just want to stay in shape a lot of trainers and just people that really know they shit post on ther

here is a link ask questions there

http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/

i now it says body building but most of the ppl are like u or me who just want to keep in shape so why not ask the ppl that do it for a living
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

Quote Originally Posted by whitey
    anybody fuck with no-explode and cell mass here. seems to be working for me.
    i've heard of no explode, i heard that shit makes your veins pop out or makes your muscles bigger or some shit.

i was thinking of getting it but i can barely afford a month's worth of protein shakes.

and fuck when it comes to protein shakes it can get horrible nasty tasting, i need some tips on that. i was just thinking of blending it with some fruit or yogurt or something.

Wu Vatican

the no xplode actually tastes kinda good to me. you can find a thing of it online for about 35-40. or at a gnc (scam) for like 60. gives you a good 40 servings worth. but its not something to open then have sit around and use whenever. should try and use it everyday till it runs out or the milk goes sour.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Not to disagree, but I've ready in many places that your workouts are basically the same (you should be switching them up every so often anyway to keep your body guessing). What determines gaining muscle or leaning out is your diet, i.e. calories. Eat less and workout hard you'll lose fat (add cardio 3 times a week or so)...

Workout hard and eat more...

Again, you should eat good though.....and to gain or preserve muscle you should aim for 1gm of Protein per pound of body weight.

bodybuilding.com --- go to the message boards, everything you need to know right there

{>____<}

I can bench 210 lbs. I'm 6ft and I weigh 150 lbs. Is that good for a person that is my height and weight?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

high protean diet
    and heavy power lifting
    4 sets at 8 reps each

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I can bench 210 lbs. I'm 6ft and I weigh 150 lbs. Is that good for a person that is my height and weight?
    is that your max? personally i dunno, i'm a little taller and heavier than you but i've never tested my max.

but you're strong, don't worry about that.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

my Max was 175 but I ain't been to the gym in about 3 months
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

im 5'10" 200lbs
    last time i maxed was some time ago and it was 310lbs