Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    im 5'10" 200lbs
    last time i maxed was some time ago and it was 310lbs
    ur a beast

lol....

im 5'4''

145lbs

and last time i maxed out was at 175...

but now im going for definition, 40 reps straight up...

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

i been training for 2 years now, im 6'3" and weigh 95kilo's (dont know how many lbs) i never tried to max out on bench press but the most i'v done is 100kilos i wouldnt say it was my max, i was able to do 6 reps with it. i dont lift heavy everyday at the gym cause all the pro's tell me not to as im still young.
    Last edited by HANZO; 08-15-2007 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I can bench 210 lbs. I'm 6ft and I weigh 150 lbs. Is that good for a person that is my height and weight?
    Very good even for a 1 rep max but if u do it more than that thats great

I am 165 and i can only do 215 1 time on a good day
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

FRESH FISH

I'm 5'9,148
    my max bench - 198lbs
    yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
    definition and increasing muscle mass are 2 different things

definition u want to do more sets with higher repetition

muscle mass u want to power lift heavy weights with fewer sets and reps

they are 2 different things.one is lowering your bodyfat and the other is increasing muscle mass.

doing more sets with higher repititons won't do anything.where are you getting this information from.its false.dont believe him.doing high sets and reps will just build up a lot of lactic acid, stress your central nervous system, shoot your muscle eating cortisol through the roof and waste your time.

you dont want to sit in a gym wasting your time do you.

if you want big muscles, lift heavy and intense in short brief workouts using only basic movements like bench presses,shoulder presses,bicep curls, deadlits,pullups,bent over rows, dips.get your weight up in these excersizes.devote a day for each bodypart.

for example do chest one day

flat bench 2 sets
    incline 2 sets
    dips 2 sets

all hardcore heavy sets,give yourself at least a week in between bodyparts.

if you want definition your going to have to lower your bodyfat plain and simple.theres no such thing as building definition.definition cannot be built.the muslce is either there or it isnt.to expose that muscle you need to lower your bodyfat and that is the only way.lose some weight through watching your diet and doing cardio if need be.its about a calorie deficiency.you wont build muslce during this period however, only keep the muscle that you built if you do it correctly.

good luck

my biggest peice of advice is to read beyond brawn

and dont listen to what everyone else said lol

peace

Quote Originally Posted by WWW.SINS.TK View Post
    they are 2 different things.one is lowering your bodyfat and the other is increasing muscle mass.

doing more sets with higher repititons won't do anything.where are you getting this information from.its false.dont believe him.doing high sets and reps will just build up a lot of lactic acid, stress your central nervous system, shoot your muscle eating cortisol through the roof and waste your time.

you dont want to sit in a gym wasting your time do you.

if you want big muscles, lift heavy and intense in short brief workouts using only basic movements like bench presses,shoulder presses,bicep curls, deadlits,pullups,bent over rows, dips.get your weight up in these excersizes.devote a day for each bodypart.

for example do chest one day

flat bench 2 sets
    incline 2 sets
    dips 2 sets

all hardcore heavy sets,give yourself at least a week in between bodyparts.

if you want definition your going to have to lower your bodyfat plain and simple.theres no such thing as building definition.definition cannot be built.the muslce is either there or it isnt.to expose that muscle you need to lower your bodyfat and that is the only way.lose some weight through watching your diet and doing cardio if need be.its about a calorie deficiency.you wont build muslce during this period however, only keep the muscle that you built if you do it correctly.

good luck

my biggest peice of advice is to read beyond brawn

and dont listen to what everyone else said lol

peace
    Thats exactly the type of workout me and my training partner does and it works, I've made some serious improvements over the last 3 months and this is the regime that my partner who is very muscular by the way recommended that I do.

Well said Sins, very good advice.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    Thats exactly the type of workout me and my training partner does and it works, I've made some serious improvements over the last 3 months and this is the regime that my partner who is very muscular by the way recommended that I do.

Well said Sins, very good advice.
    thanks man

You cant get anything for free.The gym iz your best bet.You can ride a stationary bike,do sit ups,push ups,and still have unlimited use of weights.GO TO THE GYM.

Suga Duga

I never went to a gym and it will never happen...
    Training at home with a split program (of course):

Monday:
    Shoulders

Tuesday:
    Biceps, Triceps (Curls, Dips, Push Ups)

Wednesday:
    Legs & Running

Thursday:

Friday:
    Shoulders

Saturday:

Sunday:
    Legs & Running

I also work out with the Air Alert program... I'm training since 3 years, always with a little summer break. Don't use any Protein shakes, it will ruin your body. Why? Because as soon as you will stop consuming those shakes your body will miss the proteins and minerals, usual nutrition isn't able to deliver that kind of support for your muscles...
    A friend of mine used those shakes, then stopped consuming and now his muscles look flabby, it looks terrible...
    I've gained over 5 kilos of muscles without any gym, protein shakes and my own personal program...

^^Your workout program is awful.......why are you training your shoulders twice in the same week?

What about working your chest, abs and back?

You train your legs and run in the same session?....you are overexhusting yourself.

Im sorry but I've training for a few years now and when I started, it was at home. I can tell you that unless you have your own private gym, nothing beats working out in a proper gym. Not only can you be sure to cover everything, but you also have a lot of variety to choose from so that your routine does not become complacent.

If I was you I would seriously re-evaluate your training program coz honestly it stinks, if you don't train your back and chest you are missing out two core muscle groups which form the foundation of your physique.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    ^^Your workout program is awful.......why are you training your shoulders twice in the same week?

2 times per week are possible, more is than 2 times is too much - fact

What about working your chest, abs and back?

chest: when you read through my program you'll see 3 exercises: push -ups, dips and curls. those exercises (especially push-ups) train the chest, show me how you do push-ups or dips without using your chest muscles?

back: very good point: shoulder exercises as well as dips strengthen the back like individual back exercises, again here: ever tried curls or push-ups without using back muscles?

I also train my waist, one of the most important muscles to strengthen the whole body (and back) and guarantee stability

You train your legs and run in the same session?....you are overexhusting yourself.

I also play 2 hours basketball every day...you see you gotta adapt your legs to this high pressure, without that training (running and leg-workout), I wouldn't be able to take 250 shots a day
    I'm also sure that your leg training is way harder than mine, the use of my training is to train the main muscles and strengthen my stamina, I'm not workin my legs because of the look

Im sorry but I've training for a few years now and when I started, it was at home. I can tell you that unless you have your own private gym, nothing beats working out in a proper gym. Not only can you be sure to cover everything, but you also have a lot of variety to choose from so that your routine does not become complacent.

1-0 for you on this point, but: I have no problems with my training: the results are nice, I had no injuries and no pains

If I was you I would seriously re-evaluate your training program coz honestly it stinks, if you don't train your back and chest you are missing out two core muscle groups which form the foundation of your physique.
    we'll talk about that when you've trained with my program for 4 months (plus the right nutrition)

Here's mine:

Monday- Back and Biceps
    Tuesday- Treadmill, Pushups, Abs (martial arts class also)
    Wendsday- Shoulders and forearms (martial arts class)
    Thursday- Pushups, abs (martial arts class)
    Fri- Heavy bag or legs, abs (sparring day)
    Saturday- Chest and triceps
    Sunday- Heavy bag or legs, abs

Quote Originally Posted by Illegitimate Devil View Post
    I never went to a gym and it will never happen...
    Training at home with a split program (of course):

Monday:
    Shoulders

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
    Legs & Running

Thursday:

Friday:
    Shoulders

Saturday:

Sunday:
    Legs & Running

I also work out with the Air Alert program... I'm training since 3 years, always with a little summer break. Don't use any Protein shakes, it will ruin your body. Why? Because as soon as you will stop consuming those shakes your body will miss the proteins and minerals, usual nutrition isn't able to deliver that kind of support for your muscles...
    A friend of mine used those shakes, then stopped consuming and now his muscles look flabby, it looks terrible...
    I've gained over 5 kilos of muscles without any gym, protein shakes and my own personal program...
    +this is bad dude..lol

u need weights..ur not working out ur back, neck, abs, calf's,

what u said about protein shakes isnt true..
    protein shakes are just protein..like meats and eggs...lol

if u stop ur still eating burgers and what not
    also protein shakes are not realy to help build..its a post work out shake that recovers ur weak mussales(spell) after a work out...if ur sore...drinking them u wont be

but if ur not sore while not drinking them every work out....then ur not getting a work out

u need to do research befor u throw down bad info..misleading peeps

peace

o been some what a year..im 198 lbs pushing 315 lbs on the bench still..just started working out again.....

what i do...im not to build but to have a lose....in fat

ima drop to 175...then build up to 225-230
    and cut..the fat thats left while mantaining the good mass i added

i work out
    5 days a week 2 rest days

day 1

bi's
    forearms
    legs/ calf

day 2

tri's
    shoulder / neck
    chest

day 3

back
    abs

every day i strech my legs out aswell...so i can knock out peeps with my legs when i throw one to the face ....not their yet

i consume 1600 cals a day..most is healthy
    a lose of 7 lbs a month.
    goal to be 175-180 by jan 1, 2008

ill get a vid of me doing 350 lbs on the bench when ever i got to dicks sprorting goods
    haha
    sucks for the workers who have to take all the weight off

peace

Suga Duga

+this is bad dude..lol

u need weights..ur not working out ur back, neck, abs, calf's,

what u said about protein shakes isnt true..
    protein shakes are just protein..like meats and eggs...lol

I already made my comment about those shakes: I've seen what happens, my friend had to train along time to get rid of those flabby muscles (he trained without those shakes afterwards)

if u stop ur still eating burgers and what not
    also protein shakes are not realy to help build..its a post work out shake that recovers ur weak mussales(spell) after a work out...if ur sore...drinking them u wont be

didn't know that, nice information thx proof

but if ur not sore while not drinking them every work out....then ur not getting a work out

u need to do research befor u throw down bad info..misleading peeps

my comments are based on personal experience and situations I faced during the years of lifting weights, I've read several books and did alot of research on the net and talked to trainers, believe me, I know what I'm talkin bout

peace

o been some what a year..im 198 lbs pushing 315 lbs on the bench still..just started working out again.....

what i do...im not to build but to have a lose....in fat

ima drop to 175...then build up to 225-230
    and cut..the fat thats left while mantaining the good mass i added

i work out
    5 days a week 2 rest days

day 1

bi's
    forearms
    legs/ calf

day 2

tri's
    shoulder / neck
    chest

day 3

back
    abs

every day i strech my legs out aswell...so i can knock out peeps with my legs when i throw one to the face ....not their yet

i consume 1600 cals a day..most is healthy
    a lose of 7 lbs a month.
    goal to be 175-180 by jan 1, 2008

ill get a vid of me doing 350 lbs on the bench when ever i got to dicks sprorting goods
    haha
    sucks for the workers who have to take all the weight off

peace
    that workout looks good
    remember: every body is different, every workout needs to be adjusted to the individual person that works out with the program. as long as there's no pains and injuries, 50% are already done