Thread: Older Wu Cats

Default Older Wu Cats

Peace to everybody in Wu World!

Before I even start I wanna say peace to RZA and Cilva for thinking enough of us hardcore Wu fans to bring the site back and hope to see it grow.

But anyway, I have a rant and it's mainly concerning these dudes that've been "down" with Wu for a while that seem suspect to me now.

I'm on Chambermusik listening to the interviews they have with the godz and I'm diggin it. Harlem 6 reppin Wu fully, Raaddrr reppin Wu, so I go on to the Y-kim interview and I'm like "Nice, I ain't heard from Kim in a minute let see what he's got goin." I'm thinking I'ma hear him say something about some projects he got going with Wu or somehting to that effect. This nigga starts talking about how he's responsibe for the whole Clan like they wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for him. How RZA stole his style and how him and Timbo ain't need Wu, Wu needed them. What the fuck man? Not only him, even Buddah Monk on some bullshit sayin he was never down with Wu, he was down with Dirty. So what, now that Dirt is gone you don't have anything to do with them now? There's more of em out there but these are just the two main examples.

My main issue is they talk about the clan (mainly RZA) like they're the true reason behind the Wu's fame and that RZA just used them to get where he is now. Come on now, even if some of that is true I think they should take some responsibility for themselves and reflect on why their name isn't in the spotlight while RZA is. Now I know New York brothas got an image to uphold so they can't say that RZA did this and that without fear of losing street cred, but even still.

Now I'm not riding his dick, I'm just showing my love like my man Cilva said. I ain't sayin RZA is perfect and I'm not saying these dudes are lying. All I'm saying is he must be doing something right to be where he's at right now. They could be up there clearing the Abbots figures if they had the heart he has and definately if they had stayed true to Wu. Think about it, when was the last time you heard Y-kim on a Wu album? Even if he went to RZA and he told kim to sit this one out so the fuck what? Get your ass off your shoulders and do you own thing, but don't disgrace the fam in the process. Remedy didn't wait for RZA, he did his own shit and still put the Wu stamp on it. Same thing with Northstar, Black Knights, even P.R. You waitin on anyone to do for you is gonna put you in that same spot no matter what the situation is. Plus i feel that they gave up on Wu so why should the fans check for them? I'm all about my Wu-Tang shit so anyone down with Wu I'm coping it as soon as I see it. So when these cats shit is commin out I ain't even interested, Why? cause truth be told they're sharp and all but they came out with Wu-Tang backing them so they should carry the torch with or without RZA holding their hands. Meth and Deck as prime example, Tical 0 had one RZA track on it, that didn't stop him from putting the Wu stamp on the album, same with The Movement. Even though those albums wasn't up to par it still felt like a Clan album, unlike say Raekwon's last shit or U-God's bullshit album.

Plus these niggas act like RZA owes them something, like he was supposed to mentor them like he did the generals to make sure they succeeded, kid shit to me. Shyheim never needed RZA, Shy just barely got some RZA productions on his forth album since the Young Godz track. Got locked up and not one person from the clan came to see him, but he still repped Wu like it was all gravy. Dirty did too for the most part. They didn't lose their heart. And they're seeing the benefits of it cause I know most of ya'll reading this either coped or are gonna cop those albums like I did.

I'ma wrap this up now but before I do I'm gonna sympathise with the brothas that feel like Wu has left them in the cold. These cats got into the game cause they love hip-hop and wanna make money, I understand that. And even with their RZA bashing I think their shit is still ten times better than the shit out on the radio. All I'm trying to get at with them is they need to take responsibility for their own carears and do for self like they all proclaim they are doing. RZA said years ago that the Wu was gonna be a flagship for these brothas to get their names out there, even if you haven't ever heard of them before the fans will check that shit out just cause they see that W on it. Who saw Raaddrr comming? Who saw La comming for that matter? But after you saw that W you got interested didn't you? I know I did. The W to me is like the seal of approval, to be used to let the fans know where you're comming from. Hell, if I was an official Killa Bee I wouldn't give a damn if I had never met the RZA or ever got a beat from him (although it'd be a dream come true). As long as I'm official I'ma rep that W with or without RZA's help. That's what it's there for, get your feet off the ground and do for self and no doubt cats will wanna fuck with you. No one wants to help someone who doesn't do for self.

That it ya'll. Get at me and tell me how you feel about things.

Wu-Tang Forever!!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Default Re: Older Wu Cats

Man I just skim read your essay up there. Sorry god but I cant read all that. Rza is one of the musically great minds of our generation. The Beats are outstanding and lyrics are god divine. He been in the game for shit like 15years. He done some amazing shit. Even though the sales of his albums haven't reached the heights of other hip hoppers he is the purest truest form of hip hop that I ever listened to. RIP ODB PEACE

I agree with you on all of that too. But because you skimmed my post you missed a lot of what I was getting at. It's all good but thanks for the hollaback

so basically summed up, your'e sayin that RZA worked for his success and the guys gettin all angry at him are lazy.

i agree.

Basically

im too lazy to read it right now

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl
    What are you talking about? Why are you calling RZA a Zig-Zag-Zig? Stop hating, go to your Nelly board if you don't understand the true form of hiphop. 36 chambers, baby
    S-Corp Veteran

does Rza even have anything to do with this site anymore?
    Christianity = White Supremacy

The shogun's dicapetator ShogunAssassin's Avatar

Its too long to read now

Veteran Member

No doubt.......and i disagree with them, Rza didnt NEED them, im sure they helped him out many times. But im sure if you ask any of the Clan members, they will tell you Rza didnt need them. Thats pretty messed up they would say that about the Rza but.....oh well i guess they are grown men.

P.E.A.C.E.
    "I gotcha back, but you best watch your front,
    cuz its the niggaz who front that be pullin stuntz."
    -Gza

Nice

i want more information on what y-kim is sayin about Rza.

Veteran Member

Nice, very good post i agree with you man, very true what u said about if u was down with the wu u wouldnt be tryin to rely on other people u would be out doin ur own thing.

Peace

aiight i just got finished checking out that y-kim interview:

I STRONGLEY SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WHO CALLS THEMSELF A FAN OF WU-TANG'S MUSIC GO AND PEEP THAT Y-KIM INTERVIEW. THERE ARE THINGS THAT HE SAYS THAT YOU ALL NEED TO HEAR.

about what he said about him being the best and all that, everything i've heard from y-kim has been good but not great to just plain wack. he talks about how timbo king has blown up...blown up where? in his bathroom? timbo would be unheard of if not for wu-tang. so im not with him on that.

he's talks about how wu-tang has lost their roots. that they need to get off this digital shit and get back to the basics. I'VE BEEN SAYIN THIS SHIT SINCE WU-TANG CORP WAS WU-TANG DYNASTY... and yall retarded muthfuckas on here talk about how niggas are stuck in the past and this shit. yeah well i guess ykim is too. that shit he was sayin was right and exact. he talked about how Rza fucked up on the business side of shit. he had labels and all that and all that shit gone. i've been sayin this shit forever too. that nigga Rza doesnt know his ass from his head when it comes to business and thats why wu is where they're at right now. its not disrespect, its just the truth.

theres other shit about how he, Rza, Gza, 60 sec, and some other cats was beatin the shit outa rappers and had everyone scared. he even punked KRS-ONE! he talks about the Gza deal with cold chillen and Rza's deal with tommy boy and how that went down. one of(if not the)the most informative interviews i've ever heard.

on the real man, ALL of you go peep that interview man...seriously.

here it is

http://radio.chambermusik.com/ykiminterview.mp3

props to chambermusik on the interview

Quote Originally Posted by ol dirty abbot
    Man I just skim read your essay up there. Sorry god but I cant read all that. Rza is one of the musically great minds of our generation. The Beats are outstanding and lyrics are god divine. He been in the game for shit like 15years. He done some amazing shit. Even though the sales of his albums haven't reached the heights of other hip hoppers he is the purest truest form of hip hop that I ever listened to. RIP ODB PEACE
    yeah...that's true. rza really is the best. and the most underrated producer of our days