Default Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn

1. Then and Now - Nice beat.

2. E.N.Y House - 4/5

3. Brooklyn King - Kinda boring to me. 3/5

4. It's What It Is - 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - Hot track. really nice beat. 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - Sick track. Meth murders his shit 5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - LOVE this shit. mellow ass track. 4/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - It's not bad but it just gets kinda boring with all the talking. 3/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - This track is kinda weird. not bad tho....mellow joint. i can fuck wit it. 3.5/5

10. Street Corners - This track is straight classic. i liked the original track on think differently but this shit is sooo much better. i don't even really mind that they used the same beat. track is just fuckin sick. 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - DOPE 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - BANGER. my favorite joint on the album. 5/5

13. Lovely Lady - ehhh. don't know about this one. might grow on me tho -3/5

1. Then and Now - Great beat, wasted. 2/5

2. E.N.Y House - 2.5/5

3. Brooklyn King - Boring 2/5

4. It's What It Is - 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - 4.5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - 4.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - Just annoying. 1/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - 2.5/5

10. Street Corners - 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - 4/5

13. Lovely Lady - 0/1000000000

Overall: Average
    Wu-Tang Forever

1) Then and Now (prod. Big Phat Suites) ft Wu kids - Masta Killah appearantly decided to let the kids rock it...although the track has a nice haunting loop the wu kids fail to come thru...I don't really want to criticize their lyrics and delivery(cause they are still developing their craft) but when it comes to the wu kids the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....lil gza and lil masta sound even lazier than their fathers and the chorus is really simplistic...ain't nothing wrong with simplistic but when it's weak IT's WEAK...btw Masta doesn't even spit on this track

2) E.N.Y. House (prod. MF Doom) - Appearantly Masta rocks on a beat which was already used before...I didn't hear the 'first' version so Im less annoyed than other cats who already heard it....Masta delivers an average (Masta Killah delivered style) verse over an nice cinematic sample...fits Masta Killahs style

3) Brooklyn King (prod. Dev 1) - Fukk a melody let's spit over an drumloop...the beat sounds empty but at the same time doesn't become boring...it's grows on you...Masta picks on the pace and shows some energy on this track...Masta spits another average Masta verse...the hook is reallllllllllllyyyyyyy lazyyyyy..."Yall cats know how I do my thing/ Brooklyn King that snatch your bling/Yeah the motherfukka to swing/ You know his name ding ding ding ding....." ...

4)It's What It Is (prod. PF Cuttin) ft Ghostface Killah & Raekwon - Ok the first highlight of the album...PF Cuttin blesses Masta Killah with a banger (shaolin skits included)...a nice horn loop on which Masta, Rae & Ghost rock the track with good pace and energy...

5) Nehanda & Cream (prod. Bronze Nazareth)...hmmm instead of seperating the skits into individual tracks a skit is incorporated into this track...when I finally thought I would hear track longer than 2 minutes and something..the first minute and 30 seconds are filled with some females at the club blahblahing...Yesterday I was knocking myself over the head where I heard this sample before and I finally realize that Kanye West used the same sample for Scarfaces' In Cold Blood...Bronze flips the sample a little different and does a nice job...Masta feels the need to spit 'nice to meet you ladies' verse and describes their beauty in the wu way

6) Iron God Chamber (prod. Whyz Ruger I.B.I.) feat U-God & Rza & Method Man - This track annoys the fukk out of me...on the wu boards some cats are going crazy over this joint...I guess they come in their pants cause they hear Uey, Rza and Meth on the same track....like I said I find this track very annoying...some sounds are very off...along with Rza's verse...Meth kills this track on delivery alone...sounds like the cats who produced the track programmed this track wrong or something....

7) Pass The Bone Remix (prod. Jig Sor) - Another uptempo track with very nice loop...pace feels kind of out of place for a Wu track...but Masta actually does his thing on track...praises his love for the bone...I think Allah Real sings a short hook....could have used some more lyrics

8) Older Gods pt 2(prod. Peter Rock) - Yeah everytime when Pete Rock give somebody a wack beat I call him Peter...cause this beat is really waccckkkk, empty and boring....sounds like $7.99 soundclick beat...I don't know why Masta picked this beat...sounds like they couldn't afford to clear the sample so they left out the sample....Allah Real breaks down some 5% history...doesn't fit the track at all...to those who have no interest in wu or 5% theory will find this jibberish...Masta falls back on his lazy delivery...this track is torture

9) Let's Get Into Something (prod. Startel)..I guess Masta Killah owes Allah Real a favor cause I thought this was a Masta Killah album...sounds like sort of RnB-ish track of Allah Real and Masta delivers another 'pretty skintone female' verse....if you want to give somebody a shot to shine on your album by actually giving them a track make sure it makes an impact cause this ish isn't really working it all...

10) Street Corner (prod. Bronze Nazareth) ft Inspectah Deck & Gza - Ok another highlight of the album...but Masta re-uses another beat...If you haven't heard Street Corner on the Wu Meets Indie album yeah you're right it's the same track...on that album a russian female named Byata killed this track...I hate when people use the exact same track...on the other hand it's vintage wu production with strong verses from Deck (especially) and Gza

11) Ringing Bells (prod. Bronze Nazareth) - This was the first single of the album...although Bronze comes thru again with a banger...this track can become boring after a couple listens...Mastas verse fits the pace of the track...the track has similarities with Fish of Ghost first album...I have heard this sample somewhere before...overall dope track

12) East Mc's (prod. Dev 1)ft ?? & Killah Sin & Freemurda & ?? - Third and last hightlight album...Dev 1 delivers a real banger...since Killah Sins came home he has been killin every track he has been on.....hungry as fukk...Freemurda doesn't stay far behind...and 2 other cats who I can't identify at this stage spit some nice verses

13) Lovely Lady (prod. Govener Tools ??) - It could be 2 things...1)Masta Killah owes a lot of people favors or 2) he is being extorted cause WHAT THE FUKK IS THIS....Don't get me wrong I really love reggae but this track is completely out of place on this album......Masta Killah feels to need a natural beauty nice skinetone verse for the ladies...damn Masta another one??

Overall the album is big letdown compared to the first album...1) Masta Killah barely raps on this album and 2) a lot of wu fans including me where very happy with the first album where he kept it 95% inhouse with the production and with the guests...personally I think wu fans are a little to keen on name tages...they all expect that a wu album should have wu prod and wu guests...kinda wu's gift and curse...so when a wu artist decides to go a different route people are quick to be disappointed...I have no problem with taking other producers or guests as long as it is good music and that's the big problem on this album...There are 3 strong tracks on this album and a couple of other good ones but the bad tracks are realllly bad...
    Last edited by Puluhostyle; 07-23-2006 at 11:38 AM.

1. Then and Now - Beautiful beat, the kind of shit I expect to hear listening to a Wu album, I'm very irritated that they wasted it on the kids, no disrespect, but no ones buying Masta Killa's album to listen to pre-teens. GZA's son sounds good, he already has an authoratative presence on the mic, the other kids...eh. 3/5 (because of the production)

2. E.N.Y House - Another ill beat, sounds like the arrival of a king from another planet or something...don't think this suits Masta's style, he's real drowsy here, and the lyrical construction of the song is mad awkward. 3/5

3. Brooklyn King - I like breakbeats, so this beat is smooth to me, lyrics are whatever, chorus is cheesy but kind of catchy. 3/5 Average, whatever track

4. It's What It Is - Ill beat, but very simple, minimalist production, gets kind of monotonous after awhile, but they all kill it. Reminds me of an 80s cartoon or something 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - Stupid intro, should've just made it a skit so I could skip, but this is a lovely beat, good verses, Masta has proven he can suceed with these type of tracks. One of the highlights for me. 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - Beat is annoying as fuck to me, very amateurish and very repeptitive. Good verses and a high energy feel to me, just hate the generic faux-rza style beat. 3/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - Another smooth beat, Pete Rock flipped the Al Green sample similarly on the beggining of his Surviving Elements album. Kind of pointless to remake this track, but it's pretty good, Masta paying homage to his crew...the singing hook fucks up the whole song for me though. I like soul music and if they had better vocals it may have worked. 3.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - Horrible beat, very disappointing from Pete Rock, one of my favorite hiphop producers, this shit is annoying and repetitive. It's a shame because this is one of the best lyrical performances on the album, Masta repping culture on this, but the beat is just annoying and awful. 2/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - Crap singing, decent beat, seems redundant with Nehanda and Cream on the album. Next. 2/5

10. Street Corners - Loved this beat the first time I heard it, very irritating that they reused it, but the song itself is great, one of the best on the album, I just don't like that they reused the beat, including the intro, and Bronze didn't even know about it. First time I've heard Deck flow this awkwardly though. GZA of course has the best verse. 3/5

11. Ringing Bells - Everyone's heard this, good beat (kind of tru master-ish), nice lyrics. One of the better songs, even though it's not even great, this should be a filler track. 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - Good beat, Masta Killa and Sin sound good on this, but the other Mcs are garbage and should've been left on the track. 3/5

13. Lovely Lady - I like reggae so I enjoyed this track, even though it sounds mad out of place on here, but it has a good vibe to it, Masta showing some versatility, he sounds good on these type of tracks, and reggae vocalists compliment his style. 4/5

Very inconsistant, no theme or coherent thread running through the album from either a lyrical or production standpoint, and the quality is also very inconsistant. This is mad disappointing, and seems like a step back from No Said Date. This had somewhat similar ingredients and everything that would seem to make a good album, but nothing gelled. And I still can't believe Pete made that beat for Older Gods, or more importantly, that Masta would pick that beat. This is Soul Brother! I know he had better tracks in his stash than that. It's mind boggling to me. I guess I would give it a 3/5 overall, because it is painfully average.

Overall: Average

Atleast they used to

1. Then and Now - Great beat, wasted. 2/5

2. E.N.Y House - I Liked the beat 3.5/5

3. Brooklyn King - Liked the rapping but it had kinda boring beat 3/5

4. It's What It Is - Ill Shit 2006's Best song 6/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - Alright 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - Ill Shit 3rd Fav Track 5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - Better Than Original 4.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - Allah met him Allah met her... Who Cares? 1/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - Fucking Gay love song crap 0/100000000

10. Street Corners - Another ill track 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - The Shit Right Here 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - 2nd Fav Song on this album 5/5

13. Lovely Lady - Fuckin gay love song crap 0/1000000000

Default masta Killa live in RI

yo check out Masta Killa - in RI - on www.mixcast.tv - click on BLOCK - New England - Music Mania TV - yo tell us what you think - [email protected]

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Nigga Masta Killah only had like 4 solos on the last album.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz
    it was about half n half...

Veteran Member

he has 6 true solo tracks on here, not counting the two weird songs with all the singing. thats about what he had on NSD, the posse cuts are fantastic. couple people dislike it then it snowballs, its a solid 7.5-8/10 album. couple classic cuts on here, its a letdown compared to NSD yes but its a solid followup. better than Deck and Uey's 2nd albums thats for damn sure

This shit is weak. Instantly forgettable. Would have been something if no other Wu album had ever been heard, as it is, it's just WU-by-numbers
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    This shit is weak. Instantly forgettable. Would have been something if no other Wu album had ever been heard, as it is, it's just WU-by-numbers
    i agree.. this shit is weak... but i WISH it was wu by numbers.. then it would have been atleast on par with no said date..cause that album was wu by numbers..

made in brooklyn was wU by blunders..not cool masta.. not cool man..
    Last edited by NinjaBlakk; 07-19-2007 at 09:25 PM.

penalty boxed user

Quote Originally Posted by FasterBlade
    he has 6 true solo tracks on here, not counting the two weird songs with all the singing. thats about what he had on NSD, the posse cuts are fantastic. couple people dislike it then it snowballs, its a solid 7.5-8/10 album. couple classic cuts on here, its a letdown compared to NSD yes but its a solid followup. better than Deck and Uey's 2nd albums thats for damn sure
    the movement is a classic album most people i know like it more than uncontrolled substance, i couldn't say they are both good inspectah deck is a great mc i havn't heard his new mixtape yet but i already know it's going to be good.

i really think the album would just be so much better if a few things were changed like MK having an upbeat point in Brooklyn King would be nice it gets boring but still is a descent song i like it for what it is. Then drop Lovely Lady and Lets Get into Something they both seem out of place. And a little less singing. Thats the only critique i can give it.

Other wise the rest of the album is banging i like the kung fu intros and the beats really fit MK's style. Every song other than the ones i mentioned is great even U-God spits a great verse longer 15 sec so u know every thing is going right. Its a solid second album and isnt as bad as some ppl say it is. He set a high bar with No Said Date but he IMO almost cleared it.

But we cant really give the album a good review since we dont even have the finished album. For all we know what we have heard might not even be the full album.
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz
    +3
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Where did you all got the album lol