• average

81 27.55%
  • mediocre

27 9.18%
  • wack

15 5.10%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn

I fucking agree with C-Money. For all the hype you people put on this album, it really is a letdown. Maaaajor letdown. It's not garbage, but this album is no where near Grandmasters for instance. Peace.

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

One listen and you scrap it? You are losing the feel of good hip hop. Stop listening to trash or you will get sucked in by that BS. If you don't like Made In Brooklyn, you don't like hip hop. Masta's is the real deal.

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_danger View Post
    The album is a Banger! Thanx Masta Killa good work . And yes i'm a "Wu-Tang Dickrider" aka a True Fan wit a dick not a pussy-ass bitch thats what alot of ya'll sound like, and 4 ya'll Kids cuz thats what half of ya'll r kids under 21 on this site, sound like lil bitches winy'n bout this and that. ya'll better check ya pants might have pussy down there, all this complaining shut up! and quit the downloading, wait 4 it 2 release and buy the real thing @ a store.

Peace
    I love you.

I voted mediocore, this is the first release to really let me down, he sounds half asleep

The beats and featurings are alright

Autarch

No Rza production, is what I dont like about this album.

Otherwise its good, worth buying.
    Id buy this over anything that isnt Wu Tang that came out in 06.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

so you think it's great or only listen wu-tang, right?

There were many better releases this year

AKA GHOST DISCIPLE

WACK WACK WACK!!! Only tracks worth listening to is Ringing Bells and Nehanda and Cream.

Then & Now, Brooklyn King, Older Gods pt. 2, Let's get... & East Mc's are probably some of the worst tracks in the history of Wu.

Lovely Lady IS the worst track in the history of Wu!

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

its under cooked but it has enough decent tracks

I bought it today and put 4:21 back on the shelf.

Iron God Chamber, Pass The Bone Remix, Street Corner, Nehanda And Cream = 5/5 joints, which 4:21 has none of. (masta kills doing better ladies tracks than meth wtf?)

and ENY House, Brooklyn King are nice tracks. Easily 3.5's

Veteran Member

Only real standout track on here is Iron God Chamber but the rest of it is not that impressive

I dunno what to rate this album.... it kinda throws you off with the singin joint and the reggae joint is just WTF (although a pretty good reggae joint, but why?)

Id give it like a 7.5 overall. Not feelin older gods 2, and Lets get into something would have been alot more effective if it was arranged differently. 2 turds in a row is kind of a big dip on a 13 track joint.

but it has its bangers.

No Said Date was just OK to me so this wasnt really a dissappointment.
    Last edited by J-DON; 08-31-2006 at 08:15 PM.

Good album, 7/10.

If it wasn't for the intro, last track, horrid Pete Rock beat, and numerous minutes of wasted disc space(dialogue on 'Nehanda & Cream' for instance), it would be great.

well, this album isn't wack, but it is a let down...no said date is waaaaay better...
    The opening track is supposed to be the strongest track, it opens the album and sets the pace and expectations...and the opening track "Then and Now" is str8 grabage...if your gonna let the kids spit, make it an interlude, or put it near the end of the album, but when I buy a Masta Killa album and put it on, now this may be a surprise to some, but I wanna hear Masta Killa...besides it being a poor opening track, the track isn't very good at all...
    the next 2 tracks get better but the album's highlights are the collabo's..."It's What It is", "Iron God Chamber", "Street Corner" and "East M.C's" are str8 fire...VERY nice to hear Killa Sin again, but he sounds different...
    but Older Gods Part 2 is a disgrace to its name sake...did he listen to "Older Gods" from Wu-Tang Forever before he recorded this? doesn't sound like it...
    And I have no clue why "Let's Get Into Something" and "Lovely Lady" are even on the album, they barely Feature Masta Killa

Peace

I really appreciate this album from the god for keeping the Brooklyn side of Wu alive in the absence of ODB, for showing love to the young gods because their time to shine has arrived and for staying true to the grain of Hip Hop.
    Peace

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

mediocre at best I think it could have been better I was disappointed. But than again I was disappointed in ghostface last album and it got better. It went from 2 songs I like to 7 and well maybe this album will do the same thing. I'm not impressed and feel that killa could have done better.

You know what I read through this and i see heads that's making it seems like you aren't a real hiphop fan nor a real wutang fan because you aren't feeling this album. I'm a human with my own taste first and I know if some one is feeding me something half cooked. I'm going to be real about this, this album could have been a lot better. If you feel that by being a loyal fan means that you have to be obediant and love everything that they give than you are a fool. If you like it fine, if you don't fine. But respect peoples opinion. Wu tang is on the ropes you have to admit and lately no said date is the only good thing that came from these guys in a long time. Maybe a good verse here and there but for the most part that's the only near classic album. The problem we all got fooled thinking Master killa will keep it wu, he will bring the wu back out of a slump. this album did no harm nor will it be something to talk about 10 years down the road. Let's face it wu tang is doing all they can. I honestly believe that masta put that out because he felt it and wanted the world to have it. That's hiphop, I supported this cat on it, do I regret it nope, but i wish it was more to my liking. And if it was than masta will be just like the rest of the world. its about a 2.5/5 in my opinion but hey that's after one or two rotations. Give me a month i haven't put it down yet.
    Last edited by staycreepin_n_silence; 09-04-2006 at 12:10 AM.
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart