• average

81 27.55%
  • mediocre

27 9.18%
  • wack

15 5.10%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn

Ultimately disappointing. Masta at his worst. The production is ok, but nothing particularly engaging. Whose idea was it to have a bunch of kids rap on the intro and waste a perfectly good beat like that? Masta shouldn't be as laid back as he is. Is he getting cocky?...I hope not. I like Iron God Chamber and Street Corner a lot.

I dunno... I kinda like it better than Grandmasters... I can tolerate MK's lazy flow better than GZAs I guess.

Crazy Optician.

Im gonna get ripped for this but in my opinion..................This album beats NSD hands down. When i bought NSD i was very disapointed. But Made in Brooklyn made me think. WOW this is soo much better. I mean there are a couple that i skip but i skipped alot more on NSD.

2,3,5,10,and 11 are all really good tunes

Then and now - Nice beat, a pity it's been wasted

ENY House - 4/10 Boring

Brooklyn King - 2/10 Wack

It's what it is - 6/10 Above average thanks to Rae and Ghost

Nehanda and Cream - 6/10 OK

Iron God CHamber - 7,5/10 Meth is on fire on this one

Pass the bone rmx - 7/10 Good idea, he completly changed the feeling of the original track but not in a bad way.

Older Gods pt 2 - 0/10 Hard to do worse

Let's get into something - 4/10

Street Corner - 3/10 I had loved Wu meets the indie culture, Im very disappointed he re-used that beat, and actually Salomon Childs and Byata had already killed the shit.

Ringing Bells - 10/10 if only this album could have been as good as that track ... Masta kills it and the beat is sick !

Easy MC's - 4,5/10 once again a boring track

Lovely Lady - 6,5/10 I kinda like when Masta got the reggae style (like in smoke da weed).

Well, I was mad disappointed, I guess Masta Killah spoiled me with his previous shit, that's why Im severe with that album I expected much better.
    F.L.I.N.T.

^^^^^^^

lmao. this review is ridicilous. i feel sorry for u if that is your actual opinion on the album.

Well I have to admit I exaggerated
    F.L.I.N.T.

Default Iron God Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by mowbs View Post
    Ultimately disappointing. Masta at his worst. The production is ok, but nothing particularly engaging. Whose idea was it to have a bunch of kids rap on the intro and waste a perfectly good beat like that? Masta shouldn't be as laid back as he is. Is he getting cocky?...I hope not. I like Iron God Chamber and Street Corner a lot.
    XACTLY!IRON GOD CHAMBER IS BANGN.I ALSO LIKED BROOKLYN KING,STREET CORNER AND EAST M.C'S

i just basicly came here to say #6 iron god chamber, straight fire no hooks and great beat, and who says rza aint rhymin well no more. PEACE!

1. Then & Now 4/5 - if this beat had masta killa on it instead it would be a 5
    2. E.N.Y. House 5/5 - love this beat
    3. Brooklyn King 4/5 - like others have said i think this tracks kinda boring
    4. It Is What It Is 5/5
    5. Nehanda & Cream 5/5 - hate the skit at the start
    6. Iron God Chamber 5/5 - banger
    7. Pass The Bone [Remix] 5/5
    8. Older Gods Pt. 2 3.5/5 - would of been nice minus the borrrring talking..
    9. Let's Get Into Something 3/5 Beats alright but MK is hardly on it
    10. Street Corner 5/5 probably me fav song on the album
    11. Ringing Bells 5/5 actually this is prob my fav song...
    12. East MCs 4/5 this is where the album ends for me cause...
    13. Lovely Lady 2/5 ....this song sucks, dont mind a reggae beat but when MK is once again hardly on a track and its full of singing that i aint feelin i just cant listen to it

Though i gave most songs 5 the album as a whole gets a 4/5
    Too many lame skits and tracks wasted with other people on them instead of himself imo
    Solid album though and im still listening after uh since it came out i forget lol

Veteran Member

i dont undersrtand how wu fans arnt feeling this album. i really like it just as good as 4:21 in my opinion. just got it yeh im abit late(was never in stores near me then odly my local store had 1 copy all of a sudden)

reasons i love this album:

masta gives the wu kids a chance to shine which is cool. and they was ebtetr than i thought.

all wu on the album apart frm ODB

bronze production. yeh he does it again. nehanda and cream a nice relaxed beat. i love this track

a doom produced track for all the doom fans out there

iron god chamber. youve all heard about this track surely. just belive the hype

pass the bone remix- okay maybe it was abit random to ahve a pass the bone remix but who cares? its a good remix so im not complaing

doing rnb type track better than ghost and meth- lets get into something i reckon is better than back like that and lets ride

street corners i loved this track orignally frm wu meets indie and this is just as good!

things that let the album down:

okay his voice gets abit lazy sometimes but its not a major problem atall

lovely lady...this track i seriously couldnt belive how bad it was. people that say this album is wack obviously are scared by this song haha(im scared too)

the hook in brooklyn king is not too good

the talking at the start of nehanda and cream is anoying cos u always have to fast forward it

older gods part 2 ahhh this track is seriously fuking bad aswell why do a part 2 to such a good track if its gonna be so terrible!

okay the rnb type track is bettr than ghosts and meths rnb type tracks but still its a rnb track

overall was a really good album to me and i dont understand why so many people calling it wack and average. okay its not better than no said date but still its a good album

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

i'm not sure what to make of this album...

i think if he wants to have a tracks like older gods 2, pass the bone remix, lovely lady and then and now, he has to have more tracks on the album... these aren't gonna be hits with everyone and so, the album has an incompleteness to it... maybe if he had a 13 track album, plus these it wouldn't be so bad...

definite high points though... eny house, street corner and ringing bells stand out to me...

1.Then And Now - 4.5/5
    2.E.N.Y House - 5/5
    3.Brooklyn King - 4.5/5
    4.Its What It Is - 5/5
    5.Nehanda And Cream - 4.5/5
    6.Iron God Chamber - 5/5
    7.Pass The Bone Remix - 4/5
    8.Older Gods Pt. 2 - 3.5/5
    9.Lets Get Into Something - 4.5/5
    10.Street Corner - 5/5
    11.Ringing Bells - 5/5
    12.East MC's - 5/5
    13.Lovely Lady - 3.5/5

Masta Killa comes correct lyrically so Im feelin it. I liked most of the production even though I thought some other production could have replaced it.

None the less, dope album.

started off sweet but it just baffled me how u can go from no said date to this tripe sorry masta but its sounded tired

I gotta get this album, hope it'll be dope
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

Hmmm it's an OK album, def not a banger or classic tho

Averege
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."