• mediocre

27 9.18%
  • wack

15 5.10%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn

Default Indeed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the Swordsmen View Post
    Masta Killa's knew cd is a true Wu-banga, with all the members of the Wu fam in this album (r.i.p o.d.b) this is a definte album to cop if your looking for a Wu album this year
    I agree totally,and I hear a lot of bashn going on about older Gods and it must come from those who dont know.You all should go back and listn to that track word 4 word and think"y would Masta killa do this song" Do u all want to be fed garbage or do u want the real.in fact a lot of u all would be stepped to 4 many of ur actions ,he is letn u know where this thing came from,by it being that way is what made the people sharp enuff to accomplish the goals they have accomplished{WU-TANG}and countless others including myself.

pass the bone....nice fucking remake, not shitting on gza at all cause his shit was dope, but MK did bless that nice

Quote Originally Posted by the Swordsmen View Post
    Masta Killa's knew cd is a true Wu-banga, with all the members of the Wu fam in this album (r.i.p o.d.b) this is a definte album to cop if your looking for a Wu album this year
    i couldn't agree more, best wu album of 06 (of course that's not including Fishscale but we all know Ghost is in a class of his own)

Banned

mediocre at best ...
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    i couldn't agree more, best wu album of 06 (of course that's not including Fishscale but we all know Ghost is in a class of his own)
    yup

FRESH FISH

btw i just found out the sample for the track "it's what it is" - it's from: Ohio Players - Body Vibes

Trippin' off the beat kinda, drippin' off the meat grinder
    Heat nina, pimpin', strippin' soft sweat minor
    China was a neat signer, trouble with the script digits
    Double dip, bubble lips, subtlest midget

MF Doom

why didn't Rza produce anything on this album?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    This shit is weak. Instantly forgettable. Would have been something if no other Wu album had ever been heard, as it is, it's just WU-by-numbers
    i agree.. this shit is weak... but i WISH it was wu by numbers.. then it would have been atleast on par with no said date..cause that album was wu by numbers..

made in brooklyn was wU by blunders..not cool masta.. not cool man..
    Last edited by NinjaBlakk; 07-19-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Killgrave View Post
    masta killa and the rebel INS are like the least rich and popular wu members maybe they should do a team up album?
    yo word up.. i totally agree i been thinkin bout that for a couple years now.. wit ugod thrown in for that aggressive touch!! but they would need some serious album direction ..cause these guys dont seem to be able to direct solid albums themselves

Red face

ok.. here we go again..my review of "Made In Brooklyn" ..it's not like anybody is awaiting my review.. but here's my 2cents worth!!

1...then and now... SLAMMIN' beat!! .. i like..but why oh why is the kids once again rhymin'..?? and at the very beginning of the LP.. NEVER ..EVER.. let the first verse we hear on your own album not be your own.. not unless the verse is goin to be a 20 year down the line classic and an overall dope track!!! masta killa should have ripped this track. i love the babies but not when i'm expecting masta killa!!

2... ENY House.. .. DOPE MF DOOM Beat.. but it was used already as an interlude on his "Operation doomsday" album if i remeber correctly
    masta spits a tight verse.. but his delivery is once again ..tired and uneffectively lazy!! .. what is it with masta and his OWN albums where he starts slackin on his delivery.. ?? he always brings fire when he does guest shots.. siigh..oh well..

3....Brooklyn King.. .. Tight beat.. but this beat while just a drum is a good idea just poorly executed.. no dj scrathes. no mixdown effects.. ?? what up.. its like they just put on a beat and masta rhymed.. !! no type of architecture.. it should've sounded like a summer banga mixtape track .. masta spits tight but his delivery is nothin to call home about!!

4...it's what it is.... hmmm.. should have been the name of the album..LOL.. hard beat.. i like it.. ghost n rae saves it from being just another mediocre masta track.. they really care about him.. and they should, he's a great guy i'm sure.. bad thing about ghost n rae is that they stole his thunder.. but then again.. his delivery wasnt hard to top

5... Nehanda & Cream... interesting hoochie intro.. with a NSD beat in the background.. gradually the tracks beat fades in.. ..ILL BEAT... .. masta.. kicks dope topic.. same ol.. so so delivery though.. for some reason this track reminds me of 50 cent.. and i dont even listen to fitty like that.. masta has that 50 type singin' thing goin on this time round.. i aint mad.. but i wanna hear WU..

6....Iron God Chamber....YES YES YES!!!! U-GOD comes in HARD.. WU TANG CERTIFIED!!! RZA .. continues the energetic stream of conscious cypha... meth comes in and flames it!! meth sounds a lil commercial once again.. but he's mos def on point.. Masta comes in and keeps it tight ends it tight.. overall i like this track a lot.. its a WU BANGA!!!

7....Pass the bone remix.... YIKES.. asa person who keeps the original GZA album "words from a genius" on constant rotation .. i loved and respected the meaning behind the homage paid to such a CLASSIC ..TIMELESS TRACK..
    but i DESPISE THE EXECUTION AND END RESULT of such an effort.. masta .. i know GZA is your former mentor...and brother. and i respect that.. but this track is whack.. the beat is wu by the numbers.. no type of change up.. its alright.. it rolls on and on. same ol al green soundin sample.. your verse , while actually GZA's verse does not do him justice.. a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

8....Older Gods PT 2... interesting.. i like the beat... though it's pete rock.. kinda reminds me of a Premo interlude on an gangstarr LP..is that popa wu in the background..?? but it does the Job.. and Masta actually delivers on point like a sniper.. flow was killa ..like his namesake.. a masta killa BANGA!!

9..let's get into something.. hmmmmm... not bad but not good either.. it sounds like something from the radio ..mainstream R&B sound.. not really feelin' it... wu does R&B better than this.. rhymin' bout the hunnies.. the masta is not livin' up to his rep.. nor the WU's rep.. i love ya masta and i know you love the hunnies.. but nah.. it sounds generic.. you couldve picked a better beat..

10..street corner.. ..NAH.... NAH.. NAH.... RE USING BEATS FROM PREVIOUS WU PROJECTS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! this was from think differently LP.. NAH.. put that on a mixtape or somethin' ..not a LP that your fans gotta spend their HARD EARNED MONEY ON.. thats juss lazy.. AM I WRONG..??? of course not!!
    thank god for GZA ..he keeps me from being too pissed bout this track wit his verse.. deck didnt sound like deck on this track though.. overall .. NO

11. ....Ringin' Bells... DOPE BEAT.. tru mas...er..uh.. i mean ..bronze nazareth...LOL.....does it again.. tight verse from killa... almost a banga.. but not CLASSIC

12.....Easy MC's...tight beat.. not much to say..cept masta comes off nice..
    the other wu youngins come off kinda tight.. killa sin is a vet so he sounds like he's sposed to which is nice..free murda sounds aiiiiiight.... its a tight track overall.. decent..!!

13.....Lovely Lady..too bad this isnt like the kool keith track of the same name from his "sex style" LP.... i know masta wanna give props to his ENY west indie roots and thats all good.. but cant you do it wit a WU slant... kinda like the "DON'T TEST" track from the ghost dog soundtrack.. this track does not go with the rest of the album at all... it's like seeing a dinosaur in the middle of manhattan..and thats not good.. cause dinosaurs kill...atleast last i heard.. this track is not my cup of tea.. not bad.. but i guess its a masta killa personal roots homage and i respect that..

bottomline this album while wit one or two tracks sounding on par.. the album as a whole is once again a mediocre release.. a mediocre release for a wutang album that is.. for a hip hop album overall its waaay better that anything being released in the mainstream as is NSD..
    but i have high standards for the group that had ONCE set high standards for themselves as well

i give it a 2.5 tops.. no said date was better than this.. ((read my review on NSD))

i hope i dont come off as nitpickin' ..cause im honestly not.. but this album is another uncohesive ..could have been a classic ..but no one had any true album direction release.. and this album was somewhat slightly grittier beatwise than his debut..oh well ..maybe he'll get it right next album.. you know they say third times the charm

peace
    Last edited by NinjaBlakk; 07-19-2007 at 11:14 PM.

6....Iron God Chamber....YES YES YES!!!! U-GOD comes in HARD.. WU TANG CERTIFIED!!! RZA .. continues the energetic stream of conscious cypha... meth comes in and flames it!! meth sounds a lil commercial once again.. but he's mos def on point.. Masta comes in and keeps it tight ends it tight.. overall i like this track a lot.. its a WU BANGA!!!

I agree with that,also East m.c.'s is hard as hell,Brooklyn King and ringing bells r also dope imo.

NinjaBlakk, I hate u after u dissed the Street Corner track , lol just joking

so what if the beat is reused? its still better when the same producer does it ( unlike when Just Blaze stole the beat that 'he made' for the Remedy track )

Where download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slide(RCU) View Post
    Where download it?
    don't download

buy

B.U.Y. -> buy u yes!!!!

ok! Do you buy him? Where?