• average

81 27.55%
  • mediocre

27 9.18%
  • wack

15 5.10%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn

It's ironic that people are calling those who hate the album Wu-stans...
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

okay.. im up to older gods part two, and if they got rid of that stupid fucking guy chatting in the middle of the track and the horns were maybe turned down a little then that song would be good. so far that and ENY house are my least favorites.. but eny house isnt bad, its just boring to me.

1. Then and Now - good song, but would be better if it wasnt on masta's album. 3/5

2. E.N.Y House - nice, but itd be better if i never heard the doom song and the loop gets boring after a while. 3.5/5

3. Brooklyn King - i honestly like masta in this song and the beat, but the hook is the only reason this didnt get a 4. 3.5/5

4. It's What It Is - hmmm.. when i first heard this song i thought it was annoying, but by the time i heard the full album i learned to like it. ghost and rae's verses are ill. 5/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - really nice, smooth beat. as good as anything off no said date. 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - i really like this song, all the verses are ill and i like the beat. haha, .5 taken off for the cheesy beginning of rza's verse 4.5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - i like this song, one problem though... what the hell does it have to do with the original pass the bone? couldnt they come up with another name? 4/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - okay.. why name this after such a sick ass song? i mean, this song wouldnt be bad if they lowered the horns a little and got rid of that damn annoying talking, but it ruins what could be a good song. but yeah, i hope i never see another reference to an old wu song in a song title unless the song is as good or actually has something to do with the original. sorry for the ranting... haha 2.5/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - okay, this is not a bad song, i just wish the singing wasnt so goddamn long. at least split it up and have mastas verse in the middle with some singing in the beginning and some at the end. that would have made this a better song. 3/5

10. Street Corners - ok, definitely one of the best songs on here, i dont even care that the beat's reused from the wu meets indie album. all of the verses are ill and so is the beat. 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - im sure youve all heard it.. ill. 4.5/5

12. East M.C.'s - is got a sick ass beat and everything, but theres definitely some lack of skill in the guest mc's, but not that bad. the only reason i didnt just give it 4 is because i know itll grow on me. 4.5/5

13. Lovely Lady - okay, please keep this off the finished version masta, and stick to being an mc... PLEASE. it gets an extra .5 only because of the beat. 2.5/5

overall i think its a sick ass album and its nowhere near as wack as most of you idiots are saying. everything that comes from a wu member doesnt have to sound the same and be a classic every goddamn time. you guys should have learned taht by now. oh well. while there are a few dull ass tracks overall its a good album. and at the time of its release itll be no more a banger.

all reviews in this thread arent even of the album, they are of a leaked version of what you assume the album will be.

delete thread.

Do yall realize when you rate a song like 5/5 you implying that the song is up there with for instance....Protect Ya Neck, M.E.T.H.O.D. Man, Cream, Triumph and million of other wu classics and Im not even talking about songs outside of the wu catalogue...like T.R.O.Y., Bedtime Story, New York State Of Mind and others...thats why I reviewed the album I didn't put ratings up....

And lastly I can critcize anything I want....even on a Wu board just because you're on the board you HAVE TO follow blindly anything they release...just didn't like the album...but if YOU liked it...go buy it

One

Quote Originally Posted by illstatiq.
    all reviews in this thread arent even of the album, they are of a leaked version of what you assume the album will be.

delete thread.
    thats another thing i'm saying this album is incomplete & unmastered and people are acting like it's the final product

even with all that the album is still dope

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

I still can't believe that some people can't cope with the fact that certain people don't like this album.And yeah it mite be unfinished so we'll see

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

Quote Originally Posted by Jeru
    I still can't believe that some people can't cope with the fact that certain people don't like this album.
    That's The Corp.

The most mind blowing Hip-Hop group in history produced some of the most narrow minded fans.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

a few listen now I gotta say this album is boring
    Everytime we lose a rap nigga the news is devistating - GZA / General Principles

Quote Originally Posted by illstatiq.

delete thread.
    ^^^^Agree

until u listen to the finished album dont hate
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

i listened to it only one time

i think it is an overall good album. better than most of what i heard this year.and it has those nice drums on all tracks...that old feel

i like it

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Quote Originally Posted by PLO-Stylez
    ^^^^Agree

until u listen to the finished album dont hate
    Or appreciate

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

what Doom beat did he use?

YA BIG DUMMY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Deini_

7. Pass the Bone Remix - i like this song, one problem though... what the hell does it have to do with the original pass the bone? couldnt they come up with another name? 4/5

Uh, he just takes the verses from the original and changes a couple of words.....

Veteran Member

whats a STAN i see this used everywhere?