• average

81 27.55%
  • mediocre

27 9.18%
  • wack

15 5.10%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn

Fucking sick album. A solid 8.5 (5 being average) The only track that brings it down is Older Godz which they should of shortened it and made it a skit. Lets get into something is not bad either, if you dont like singing than you probably wont like it but the guy singing is actually really good. I like the last track too but I like reggae. The album is crazy. I have the brookly king song in my head all day.

Im not going to go about rating the songs or even the album, enough of that has been done, go buy the album...then read this.....

got it...blaze it.....heard it..blaze it...play that back.....good....

I will say this is a fire dope album, I might like this better than NSD, gotta listen to that again after this...

BUT what i think would have made this album damn near inspectibly perfect would have been a nice kung fu movie sample to open it up (especially considering the children of wu opening track)...but thats all for now folks...

ps...im not one to chat a lot but some might b interested to know i will b going to china for a year at the end of the month to teach english in Hangzou, somewhat close to Shanghi...any one from china let me know true wu...ill probably post this some where else later where it will get more reads...

And i definately plan to visit wu dang shan, maybe never return....just wish, jump, and float away....ahhhhhhhh
    peace

and a more infor in the insert...but im not gonna bitch... i appreciate the minimalism,,, plus the art is sizzzlick

oh yeah and i almost forgot... THE IRON U GOD SET ALL YOU ASS HAIR EATING BITCHES STRAIGHT
    Last edited by senno52; 08-08-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Straight Outta PHX

Just dropped a long review on it on epinions.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

sounds dope....maybe not as good as NO SAID DATE, but solid none the less.....as other WU TANG members like GHOST are evolving there sound, MASTA KILLA truly holds onto the classic WU TANG SOUND, which is kinda nice.....I give this album a solid 3.5/5 where I gave NO SAID DATE 4/5
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

I have had this album three days now and am very pleased for Masta Killa. The album is not as good as NSD but is still a very solid effort. Its a bit disappointing that the album feels like MK is hardly on it but then again thats no bad thing for me personally as I like the album. MK seems to have gone down the 'partying and girls' route slightly more. A lot of the album also seems stripped down beatwise which is different to NSD.

It could have been better but I personally feel that the album as a whole is better than its individual parts. Glad I didn't d/l as I probably would have felt how alot of the people earlier in this thread did. My main criticism of this (and to a certain extent NSD) is that MK doesn't come hard like the 36 chambers shit that he is so very good at. I really hope that MK in the future goes back to full in house production.

All in all well worth my dough and will be getting plenty of spins. My rating - 7/10
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Original Review

1. Then and Now - 5/5 GZA's Son is the TRUTH all jokes aside. Honestly I look foward to hearing this track everytime I pop the album. One more thing they sound better than just about everybody out there these day.

2. E.N.Y House - 5/5 Fuck that DOOM and Masta (CLASSIC)

3. Brooklyn King - 4/5 Some catchy shit/

4. It's What It Is - 5/5 AMAZING track. These guys are 3 for 3... Glaciers of Ice, D.T.D and now It's What It Is.

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - 4.5/5 Sounds just a little out of place, but is nice to hear them together again. (RZA KILLS THIS)

7. Pass the Bone Remix - 4.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - 4/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - 3.5/5 UMMMM I dont know about this one.

10. Street Corners - 5/5 Classic... Deck's new flow takes time to get used to.

11. Ringing Bells - 5/5

12. East M.C.'s - 5/5 Killa Sin needs to drop a solo album A.S.A.P

13. Lovely Lady - 4/5 I like it.

OKAY: After a dozen more listens I can say i had a change of heart.

1. Then and Now - 5/5 GZA's Son is the TRUTH all jokes aside. Honestly I look foward to hearing this track everytime I pop the album. One more thing they sound better than just about everybody out there these day. (I wont change the rating, I love this tack I dont care what anybody says).

2. E.N.Y House - 5/5 Fuck that DOOM and Masta (CLASSIC) MY FAVORITE TRACK.

3. Brooklyn King - 4/5 Some catchy shit

4. It's What It Is - 5/5 AMAZING track. These guys are 3 for 3... Glaciers of Ice, D.T.D and now It's What It Is.

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5 (I dont like the Dre immitation skit before the song).

6. Iron God Chamber - 5/5 Sounds just a little out of place, but is nice to hear them together again. (RZA KILLS THIS)

7. Pass the Bone Remix - 4.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - 2.5/5 (originally a 4, but shit... now this track annoys the shit out of me.

9. Let's Get Into Something - 3.5/5

10. Street Corners - 5/5 Classic verse by Deck.

11. Ringing Bells - 5/5

12. East M.C.'s - 4/5 (From a 5 to 4) is aight I guess.

13. Lovely Lady - 3/5

I was dissapointed with it. Its not a bad album, but I expected so much more from Masta...

Overall, I'd rate the album 5/10.

Masta KIlla came off proper.The album is all around tight and is a breath of fresh air 4 listeners.Especialy during these times of artificial rappers using ignorant shit hop to sell us dreams.Bangn Iron God Chamber all fkn Day.RZA dropps that real sht!meths flow is rediculous! The God U came off and got sht off his chest and MASTA closed it out solidly.BANGBANG.1

What y'all think of Nehanda & Cream. That shit is fucking sick. I cant stop listening to it.

Gimme some feedback.

^^the song didnt make my ipod
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Wu Vatican

^
    You didnt like Nehanda & Cream Wade? Damn it seems our musical tastes are so similar that we would both agree that that track is nice.

Im putting my review up tomorrow sometime.

Veteran Member

Im lovin that "Its what it is" track...

"The earth daughter rest her head on my chest
    Through the struggle we cuddle under half-moon crest"

Nehanda & Cream, is the butters and so is the last track. Im from the 5 Boroughs, so I wouldnt expect alot of y'all to understand why he would have a Reggae track. Well just read the title of the album, "Made In Brooklyn", there are toooooons of Jamaicans in Brooklyn and ALL types of West Indians that reside in Brooklyn. So this This is a solid album by Masta Killa. Maybe those that dont understand why the last track was on the album/cd need to go take a visit to BK so you can get a taste of what BK and the 4 other boroughs are about.

Veteran Member

bottom line- there's 2 real shiners - Iron God Chamber and It Is What it IS

2 really horrible r&B songs that you'll always skip ( It didn't work on NSD either)

nothing else really stands out in between

worth the $12 - $15?

No.

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Funny thing is, people were like it's the ripped version, wait for the retail it'll be better lol and it's the same shit.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved