Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: // Iron Mike Tyson //

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

Default // Iron Mike Tyson //

anyone here a fan of this dude? i mean a fan of the old and powerful mike tyson...

i grew up watching him fight... at the beginning of his career this guy was a beast... i loved to watch him fight.

i was watching ESPN classics yesterday on TV and they were showing something called Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits... it was awesome. it showed alot of early fights were he was knockin fools out left and right. damn good show...

watching it got me on the hunt for more fights to watch.. so after a quick search at TorrentSpy i found a nice little download that has about 45 of his fights... they are edited down to where it captures all the good stuff in each fight. pretty good download... took me several hours to download but well worth it. if anyone is interested heres the link:

Mike Tyson Fights

peep it out... its worth it to any old school Mike Tyson fan.

its a damn shame how this guy fell off.... he had alot of potential.

any insight on what may have been the cause of his fall are welcome.. i will post my thoughts later!!

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

he was a monster... he would just walk into the ring in like rags.. all the other dudes had real shiny silkly robes and shit, but this dood was just raw. come in and fuckin fucks people up. but not anymore. he aint hungry

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Yeah I Am A Fan Of Tyson I Hated To See Him Lose His Last Too Fight The Last One Wuz The Worst One He Lost To A Guy Who Would Lose To 99% Of The Heaveweights

Tyson got robbed by the rape case against him. In his prime I think he was the greatest ever. Nobody was takin the shots he was throwin.

Support the Real. Click HERE

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokebongoncliff
    he was a monster... he would just walk into the ring in like rags.. all the other dudes had real shiny silkly robes and shit, but this dood was just raw. come in and fuckin fucks people up. but not anymore. he aint hungry

word.. i remember when he used to come in wearing a cut up towel around his shoulders... black trunks. mean as shit ready for battle. this dude was a freakin warrior!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
    Tyson got robbed by the rape case against him. In his prime I think he was the greatest ever. Nobody was takin the shots he was throwin.

i agree... that whole situation got him fucked up. i think it may started tho actually with robin givins... when he married that trick. she seen a young black boxer on the rise.. and all the fame and fortune that came with it. she snagged him up... and i think thats really when his problems started. also... when don king got involved it didnt help really either!!!

Shaolin Warrior

very big fan. i own a lot of Mikes T shirts. one says:

Loved By Few
    Hated by Many
    But Respected by All

and it has him in leather gloves chuckin the deuce and he has a really mean look on his face. he could have been really great

the guy was a great boxer, what got me was his lack of commitment lately and the career choices he made. they were all wrong he would be looked upon as one of the greatest but instead the boxing world would see him as a heavy punching monster who losted it. sad cause in modern heavyweights he was the best of all, lewis, holyfield aint shit compared to iron mike.

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

the case fucked him up and also don king messed with his head or something. when he signed for him it was all downhill.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

Prince Rai

don king was part of his dpwnfall.. despte that, i think he deserves a name in the hall of fame of boxing

tyson happens to be my fav boxer
    the guy was trained by cus d'amato and if it wasnt for his death tyson would dstill be number 1 today. i believe in his prime his defense, the bop n weave, and power made him the greatest boxer of all time. its a dispute i always have. cuz i believe tyson could have beaten any boxer in his prime... yes even ali

my opinions
    peace
    " I'm too ill/ I represent Park Hill/ See my face on the twenty dollar bill/ Cash it in, and get ten dollars back/
    The fat LP with Cappachino on the wax/ Pass it in your think, put valve up to twelve/ Put all the other LP's back on the shelf/ And smoke a blunt, and dial 9-1-7/ 1-6-0-4-9-3-11/ And you could get long dick hip-hop affection/ I damage any MC who step in my direction
    "

You dumb bitch.

Great, great fighter. I enjoy watching Tyson above anyone else, and he could probabaly could've went on to become even better. Losing Cus D'amato was probably the begining of the end for him, after that the people who had his best interests at heart were edged out and their places taken by those who just wanted to make money out of him. Chiefly- Robin Givins, her mother, and Don King.
    Check ebay if you want to see more of his fights. I got a DVD set of his whole career for next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Its Big Lu baby
    tyson happens to be my fav boxer
    the guy was trained by cus d'amato and if it wasnt for his death tyson would dstill be number 1 today. i believe in his prime his defense, the bop n weave, and power made him the greatest boxer of all time. its a dispute i always have. cuz i believe tyson could have beaten any boxer in his prime... yes even ali

my opinions
    peace
    U KNOW I FEEL THAT WHEN HE STOPED BOPEN N WEAVEN CUZ HE FELT HE COULD KO ANY ONE AND CUZ OF THAT HIS SKILLS WENT DOWN AND IF CUS DID NOT DIE HE WOULD NOT HAVE LET TYSON STOP BOPEN AND WEAVEN I MEAN IN HIS LATER CAREER HE KIND OF JUST TOOK THE HITS THE OLD TYSON WOULD HAVE MADE THEM MISS

Wu Vatican

The lack of the bob n weave, head movement, etc. was due to his lack of SERIOUS training after Cus was gone. I still remeber the look on Spinks face when the opening bell rang against Tyson. You could smell him shit his pants through the TV.

Wu Vatican

^I'm diggin that knowledge. you box or just a fight fan? peace-

i seen bob sapp get knocked out by guys half his size in K1. you just gotta know how to fight a guy like that, going tough to tough would be a mistake as one punch would probably kill you. the guys who beat him get him on the floor and start pounding away.