Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New RZA Movie: American Gangster

IronSheik

im not sure why none of the pics i posted in my 2nd (Update) post in this thread from the filming with RzA & Crowe are not displaying (maybe the resolution is 2 much) but here goes again:

Last edited by IronSheik; 08-21-2006 at 05:45 PM.

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

gah! lookit bob dig's fro!

deluxe luxury

On August 17th around 2pm he, the RZA, was next to my building filming for this movie. They used a few parts/buildings in Marlboro projects. This is also where Wyclef Jean claimed to have been first introduced to hip-hop (after hearing it from the cars around here).

Judging from how they made the garden in front of my building look (it will have a basketball court on dirt) the movie should be pretty cool. They spray painted our buildings, added lots of garbage and broken oven/stoves to make the projects look more gritty I guess. (Though, i'm sure the staircases, as they are, could be a great drug taking location). They brought out all the old cars they'd rock in Harlem back in the late 60's/early 70's. They even changed our "Welcome to Marlboro Houses" sign on the corner, and a few other spots, to a "Welcome to Stephen Crane Houses" sign. All in all the changes they made were pretty cool to walk through in a red eye state of mind since it was literally, for me, like stepping out into a different world right out of my building. And this was pretty much overnight. They made the set pretty quickly.

During one scene we were by a foodstand for the actors and crew only. I was wearing an old hand me down army shirt with some blue jeans and chuck taylors. Now since I also had a messy native american type braid, I think I kinda fit as an actor so I sneaked some shit out the stand when they turned their backs. I was thinking the whole time they have a pure 70's style dressed puerto rican ready to snatch those little 85 dollars for being an extra. Never happened though.

Common is now part of the casting too.

Rza looks like an extra in one of those bear commercial parties.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by The Project View Post
    On August 17th around 2pm he, the RZA, was next to my building filming for this movie. They used a few parts/buildings in Marlboro projects. This is also where Wyclef Jean claimed to have been first introduced to hip-hop (after hearing it from the cars around here).

Judging from how they made the garden in front of my building look (it will have a basketball court on dirt) the movie should be pretty cool. They spray painted our buildings, added lots of garbage and broken oven/stoves to make the projects look more gritty I guess. (Though, i'm sure the staircases, as they are, could be a great drug taking location). They brought out all the old cars they'd rock in Harlem back in the late 60's/early 70's. They even changed our "Welcome to Marlboro Houses" sign on the corner, and a few other spots, to a "Welcome to Stephen Crane Houses" sign. All in all the changes they made were pretty cool to walk through in a red eye state of mind since it was literally, for me, like stepping out into a different world right out of my building. And this was pretty much overnight. They made the set pretty quickly.

During one scene we were by a foodstand for the actors and crew only. I was wearing an old hand me down army shirt with some blue jeans and chuck taylors. Now since I also had a messy native american type braid, I think I kinda fit as an actor so I sneaked some shit out the stand when they turned their backs. I was thinking the whole time they have a pure 70's style dressed puerto rican ready to snatch those little 85 dollars for being an extra. Never happened though.
    wow must be cool to have a film set right out your house.where u live? so i can recognize it once i see the movie.

deluxe luxury

Just look for Stephen Crane Houses I guess...We here call it Marlboro though.

One thing I didn't like was when me and my friend took a total of two shots on the hoops they set up in the middle of the square garden in front of my building and one of the walkie-talkie guys yelled us out of there. They even told us to leave the benches in front of our buildings..I gues it's for the movie though. We kinda felt at times that since we were the regulars there we should maybe get a little money and dress up for a little extra part or something...But no, you had to sign up mad early for that.

It looks mad real though...I know at least one person dies since they had a can of paint labeled "dead mans blood" or maybe dead womans...
    Last edited by The Project; 08-22-2006 at 09:25 PM.

IronSheik

Default Denzel now filming + Official Release Date Announced

Denzel began filming his parts this week.....unsure if he's got any scenes w/RzA

Russell Crowe was spotted working at the same Manhattan courthouse where his assault case was handled. (Remember when he was charged with hitting a hotel employee with a telephone?) Russell, 42, and co-star Denzel Washington, 51, filmed scenes for their new flick, American Gangster. Russell was seen carrying around his son Charles, almost 3, on the set during film breaks this past Monday, September 18th.

Release Date:
    November 2, 2007
    Studio: Universal Pictures
    Director: Ridley Scott
    Screenwriter:
    Steve Zaillian
    Starring: Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Josh Brolin, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Carla Gugino, Common, TI, RZA, Ted Levine, John Ortiz, Yul Vazquez
    Genre: Crime, Drama
    MPAA Rating: Not Available
    Official Website: Not Available
    Review: Not Available
    DVD Review: Not Available
    DVD: Not Available
    Movie Poster: Not Available
    Production Stills: Not Available
    Plot Summary:
    "American Gangster" concerns Harlem drug kingpin Frank Lucas (Washington), who smuggled heroin in the body bags of U.S. soldiers slain in Vietnam. Brolin plays Det. Trupo, a crooked NYPD cop who piggybacks on the Lucas investigation conducted by Det. Ritchie Roberts (Crowe).

Trailer:
    Coming Soon!

check it on http://www.universalpictures.com/ under the >>IN PRODUCTION section
    Last edited by IronSheik; 09-22-2006 at 11:05 AM.

IronSheik

americangangster.net
    the official site is up along with the character posters......trailer up by next week (if u go see Oceans13.....u should be able to view the trailer)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced View Post
    yeah great whens Cuban Linx part II coming out

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

-dead-
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

IronSheik

i jus watched the long trailer in HD on HDNet & RZA appears in a few of the shots

checked the official site & saw the trailer is up there as well so if u wanna peep: American Gangster

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronSheik View Post
    check it....backstage at a WU concert...shootin in Brooklyn during the day....performing at concerts and bringing Russell along backstage seen here w/Lord Jamar who opened for the WU along with SadatX in this pic
    Jamar should have stomped out Crowe's cracka ass. Punks jump up....

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Ain't Cuba Gooding JR. in this as well?
    Look messy - can't wait.

L~>1<~NKS

Quote Originally Posted by lateshowhost View Post
    Jamar should have stomped out Crowe's cracka ass. Punks jump up....

Oh shit Brand Nubian - Bra, ta Bra... Brand Nubian!

lets get this straight,

RUSSELL CROW AND FUKEN DENZEL ARE U FUKEN KIDDING ME!!! THAT SHIT IS GONNA BE A CLASSIC ,

denzel and crow are not gonna play in corny movies, they allready made a name for them selves they dont wanna lower their names by playing in corny movies just for the money.
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg