9 5.33%
  • 3 ***

50 29.59%
  • 4 ****

75 44.38%
  • 5 *****

28 16.57%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Inspectah Deck - The Resident Patient (2006)

PRODIGAL SUN

too much house gang, it gets annoying

^ sigh, they're only on 2 songs

and they have two bonus tracks

Veteran Member

out of made in brooklyn and 421, this album has the most replay value

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    I think its made better by the fact that its labelled a mixtape so it doesn't come with the great expectation that the other solo's seem to be coming with.
    good point
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
    But as far as mixtape/album arguments are concerned= Deck calls it an album. 99% of the time, mixtapes are sold on burned cd's in slim jewel cases and don't cost $13!!!!!! i bought this at this indie record store i go to. it was the same price as a regular cd, in the regular cd section, but he does have his little MySpace promo on the back of the case. No thank you's. No credits to anything BUT Production. To me it's a hot RECORD, it's definitly not a MIXTAPE but there dosen't seem to be enough effort for it to be an ALBUM. it is what it is.
    The whole argument for mixtape and album, a lot of people feel mixtapes can be downloaded for FREE because an album is coming. We need to support Deck on this one and be sure to buy it. Argument over.

"we are shaped by fate.." shingen's Avatar

Default all i can say is gangsta

even tho that aint what the wu is

its just creeped out in short words with no meaning its nice

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leaguer1 View Post
    ^ sigh, they're only on 2 songs

and they have two bonus tracks
    I know ain't this some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceThaPharoahe View Post
    too much house gang, it gets annoying
    Wtf?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

all of the tracks housegang's on are trash and why even give them two bonus tracks? deck should've learned from ice water and cream team nobody wants to hear these z-grade fuckers.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Housegang is nice. I know you heard Underdogz vol.1 hook them up with nice beats and they are fire.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I think they were alright

Honestly...I really don't like the style Deck goes for on his solo albums. RP sounds way to "Movement" for me. His personality is just a lot different for some reason. I don't think his voice has aged well. Many of the beats are nauseating and sound a little "forced," if that makes any sense at all, haha.

Sound of the Slums and A Lil Story are very good tracks.

I think it's a mixtape, cuz the CREEPS track beat was used on Y@k Balzz's album My Claim (track 1 Method to madness) that dropped in 2004, unless Mondee resold the beat to Deck...
    Underrated producer too, Mondee, he got heat, if he works with him on the album , I'll be very optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by wampus View Post
    "sound of the slums" is ill as fuck, i didn't hear such a beat for a looonng time this song + iron god chamber make me really think that the wu is back to the top
    Hell yeah man. Soon as I heard "sound of the slums" I went crazy. Deck does sound hungry and the beat brings back an old school flavor. The sample sounds from an old martial arts movie and the drum beats just sound fantastic unlike most of the new drum beats they use.

Also loved how they incorperated a small cut of the martial arts fighting. Hottest track i've heard in a while.

"What they want" fantastic beat and decks delivery is on point even when the beat does its periodic transition phase which sounds wicked.

can u buy mixtapes in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by mowbs View Post
    Honestly...I really don't like the style Deck goes for on his solo albums. RP sounds way to "Movement" for me. His personality is just a lot different for some reason. I don't think his voice has aged well. Many of the beats are nauseating and sound a little "forced," if that makes any sense at all, haha.

Sound of the Slums and A Lil Story are very good tracks.
    i feel the same way, he has so much potential but always these lame forgetable beats and his flow is always the same on each song, it pisses me off.