Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How awesome are computers

'

and I will be the one charging astounding rates to fix the average persons computer ...... laughing to the bank til my head falls off

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Yo who revived this thread? This was a fucking classic until it was locked.

"My computer can play music, ain't that fucking incredible."
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

my computer doesn't know how to fix itself

Gayest thread ever.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

I agree, threadstarter.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I can't blame him though, he's from Pen Island

i locked this thread

i think i unlocked it because jasp-o acted like his feelings were hurt
    all the points have been made

As in the case of the various dinosaur threads, this one was tailor made for me to takeover.

In fact, i can see no other cause for its existence beside my musings regarding the "NATURE" of technology.

"Will spaceprobes in the next century discover extraterrestrial analogs?"

the other singificant jedi mind trick quote that must be brought out of the horror of my brain territory is

"The naturel side of life has now been seeming artificial".

For man to master nature, or to master his self and devote his self to divinty and harmony, requires all of his self, 100 percent investment, with no insurence policy, WHY?, because your maximulian is minimum.

When man begins to allow fear of things to detract one self from awareness and meditation, then he begins to atribute intelegence to various other conciderations, so as to esure a desired result. This gives birth to the ego, the mind that want to reserve the imedieate truth, to conceal it,

Thats why we start to make computers, in the past civilizations as in this one. To rely on alternate intelegences, not the one intelegence of GOD,
    The fact remains, that you can do awsome shit with airplanes and computers all year long, but as regards life and the soul, only by fully devoting oneself with no reservations can you begin to understand the unified nature of reality.
    So computers are just investments in partaiality of one self. I dont know if I explained my point, but look at it like this, I know of a QI GONG dr. and former physisist that quit physics because he wanted to master the qi gong, and couldn't do both. And on the other hand, the first technolgy of ower present civilization was the clock, given by christians, to muslims as a gift, a novelty. The muslims of ancient bagdad and all dat, they used to design all sorts of stuff like MICHAEL ANGELO, but they never assembled it, not becasue they cauldnt afford it, but because when you are high on spirt, some awsome feets dont seem worhty of stopping the flow of spirt you know?

But computers, yeah that just in case intelgenece, the aquairian idol,

they have the power to become self intelegent. They might, as chemical reactors have the ability to take part in live like processes as feasably as it is fair to say that many men are not truely alive, as they dont partake in living processes.

It would only become a 2001 Space Oddysey if the computer intelegence got stuck on the wrong side of "time", and thus became an enemy leaving true metaphysical flesh inprisoned in a mental matrix in which ower nerological intelegent beginings, "space as ower birthplace" "born of the mind", gets lost in a computer system that does not identify with equality, "Know what I'm sayzen?".

Because i dont want to get born with a computer in my head, That wouldn't be cool you kno9w?

The only thing that does occer to me, that one of you more inlightentd people might comment on would be this, since their are two aspect to conciousness, the thinker and the prover/ perciever, perhaps the need for the two of these to reconcile with each other in one seeking objective reason, the other demanding imediate expression, rational or otherwize, both ecisting in the infinitae, perhaps relating to the fire and water elements, perhaps the demand of ancient gods that humans "pay sacrifices, and measre time according to a calander", from the Pupul Vuh, is related to an atempt to appease the studious perciever, with the less rational equally infinate "prover".

go figure. "BACK TO THE PRIMITIVE"

*doesnt read post*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Why is this in KTL? This has no relevence to knowledge at all...
    bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by froth View Post
    *doesnt read post*
    Hahaha

Chicks dig giant robots

Yeah, computers are pretty damn awesome. Especially mine.

yeah so whats up woth the corpse jasp

this is the current General Chat thread in KTL land
    all the points have been made

This thread is not as awesome as computers.