Thread: First stop on the tour: Phoenix, Az Show Review

Default First stop on the tour: Phoenix, Az Show Review

Pulled up to celebrity theater about 2 hours before the show. Outside I see a bunch of paper signs taped up everywhere. "Rza will not be performing tonight. Refunds availible before entry only." What a heartbreaker. I was pretty fuckin pissed but I wasnt gonna let that ruin my evening.

This wack Arizona rap group called Society of Invisibles opened up. Crowd wasnt really feelin it. They went on for a half an hour then peaced.

About 45 mins later, Streetlife comes out, then Cap, then U-God, Masta, INS, Gza, Raekwon, Ghost, and finally Meth. Each did one of their famous songs as they came out. They performed for about an hour and 15. Meth was really working the crowd. He definetley didn't give up smoking as he hit many blunts throughout the night in this non-smoking venue.

Best performer of the night: Meth. Dude was insane. Walking in the crowd, hitting blunts, throwing shit at the crowd, climbing up on stuff.

Most dissapointing performer: (besides the absent Rza obviously) Ghost. Just kinda stood there most of the time. Spit some verses but never seemed into it like the others.

During the show I was told at the merchandise stand that Mr. Excitement was going out of print and whoever bought it, U-God would be signing them afterwards. I threw down 10 bucks for 1 and went to find him after the show. I guess there was miscommunication between the hustler selling that shit and Uey because no one got theirs signed. Kinda a slap in the face to the fans.

Instead I went outside by the bus and Deck was chillin with streetlife signing stuff. After a while, Rae came over to sign some stuff. I didnt have anything for him to sign so I just asked to shake his hand and asked him if we wouls see Cuban Linx 2 this year. He said he couldnt tell me. I couldn't be pissed cause at least he met with the fans.

Overall, great show. Best concert I've seen with most Wu members at one time. I was gonna post some pics but their from my camera phone and the quality aint that great.

9/10

FRESH FISH

i just posted my review of the show in the wu-chamber, did you see when Rae got pissed at one of the fans?

No, what happened?

FRESH FISH

some dude called Rae by his real name(Corey), and Rae came up to him and yelled at him for calling him that. said that his moms dont even call him that and you know me as the Chef. it was funny as hell cause the dude couldnt keep stuttering. this all took place at where the buses were.

85 %ER

if you heard corectly meth said he is going to stop smoking for a while when is album is complete and when it comes out

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DNA
    some dude called Rae by his real name(Corey), and Rae came up to him and yelled at him for calling him that. said that his moms dont even call him that and you know me as the Chef. it was funny as hell cause the dude couldnt keep stuttering. this all took place at where the buses were.
    LMAO
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.