Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At Rock The Bells

Default At Rock The Bells

according to this nigga from the nobodysmiling.com forum:

yo man ROCK THE BELLZ was off the hook....
    BESIDES the LAME ass backpacker/no-love of a crowd and the heat, the whole show was sick... BIG UPPZ TOO SUPERNATURAL... he made history last night, doin the WORLDS LONGEST FREESTYLE... OVER 9 f*ckIN HOURS BABY!!!... propz....

so everybody from immortal technique, talib kweli, and mos def to em classic niggas like DE LA SOUL ripped it up... big upz too all the other MC's that held sh*t down...

and then with the cronic in the air, REDMAN LITE sh*t up with his smoked out set... and that made way for the surprise guest, MISS LAUREN HILL... she got the house feelin jah' good!!!....

FINALLY THE WU' stepd out and brought the f*ckin house down... they thru their bests @ us for a good amount of time... ofcourse it bein the TRIBUTE to O.D.B, the clan did things extra special... now too the madness

STEVE-O, from MTV's JackAss, came out and wanted too do somethin for Ol' Dirty.... so the white boy strips, butt-ass naked, puts his crotch between his legs, and does a f*ckin backflip.... stupid f*ck huh!!! that fired up RAEKWON' the cHef and he got on the mic and said "i'll get arrested right here, but you better f*ckin' apologize to ODB's mom, and everyone else because that was some stupid sh*t.... HOMO..." and he pretty much almost got STEVE-O too sh*t in his pants.... fool was gonna get stomped on...

anyways... wild night....
    and i still prolly left some sh*t out

.phillylunt.

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sounds great! Did anyone go to this?

fuck no
    50 bones for 1 GA ticket? suck my dick guerillaunion, fuckin hiphop capitalists

i knew that heat was gonna be horrendous, you know why? the corporates knew that the san bernadino sector is the cheapest area to rent, so they send everyone there.. instead of purchasing a set like LA staples center..

look at all the nerd rap guests
    wutang minus ODB will never be the same, plus the Wu is lyrically dead and raekwon is the one keepin em float

i aint hating. i'm jus giving construtive criticism

IronSheik

we had Dave Chapelle show up for the Sunday night show....it was off the hinges and Meth tore it up....really doin his magic with the crowd

for 50 bones it was worth it....not jus cuz we saw the WU but we got to see the future (Wu kids perform) & even though RzA didn't show but erybody else chipped in for his rhymes along with the rest of the opening acts.......they str8 killed it yo

lol yeah found something about that steve-o shit as well:

i just got home from the Rock the Bells festival IV....Wu-Tang was one of many acts to grace the stage at the show, and during their tribute to ODB, for some reason, STEVE-O from jackass comes out on stage and embarasses himself and discraces ODB (in front of his mother no less) by doing a "dirty stunt" in honor of ODB...claiming that he wanted to do it because he was recently locked in the same jail cell that ODB stayed in at one point in L.A. county jail, Steve-O proceeded to pull of his clothes (surrounded by all remaining members of the WU and in front of an ODB painting) and tuck his ISH behind his legs and do a backflip....afterwards the RZA made a comment about Steve-O belonging in a Zoo, then went on with the show...but a couple songs later, Raekwon brought Steve-O front and center and told him over the mic that if he didnt apologize for the "gay" and disgusting display he would knock him out on the spot....with a trembling voice Steve-O apologized to the Wu-Tang and ODB's mother, much to the approval of the crowd
    pretty rediculous indeed....i was personally disgusted when i even saw Steve-O on stage, but im glad it was made right eventually...
    either way don't be surprised if you hear something in the news the next couple of days about Steve-O being involved in some kind of freak accident...because i don't think the simple apology will be enough for the Wu

feel free to throw me props for the news or just the image of Steve-O getting jumped by the Wu
    jackasses should stay where they belong....

Quote Originally Posted by eVoL
    fuck no

i knew that heat was gonna be horrendous, you know why?

the corporates knew that the san bernadino sector is the cheapest area to rent, so they send everyone there.. instead of purchasing a set like LA staples center..

look at all the nerd rap guests....

i aint hating. i'm jus giving construtive criticism
    hmm. logistically, if i were the staples center i would't rent such a nice venue to this type of event.

and if you are complaining about 50 dollars, i am sure staples will be double the price w/ all that liability. i think gorilla union must give alot to their security, because they NEVER stop anyone from blazing up a storm. at the tribe reunion, during the cypress hill set, i saw some fool raise up a glass bong in the crowd! wtf?!?! and there were venders there selling pieces at the venue behind glass cases. i am sure security pays for alot of that.

also, attendence wise, the show did not sell out like it did in 04 w/ odb. and in 04, the fans seriosuly FUCKED that place up. I saw cats get maced as well as some buff dudes tear down one of the gates to get in!

if you did not like the 'nerd guest' artists (i must agree, it's very backpacer, but so is wu these days) you could've beat the heat by coming later as i did.

regardless, seeing the wu in the LA area is a very rare event, especially since so many of the clan actually showed up (everyone minus odb). 50 dollars really isn't that bad.

i was kinda pissed w/ lauryn's guest appearance cause she came on after mos def and before the wu. her 3 song preformance w/ the live band cut wu's set short, which was only an hour compared to their 2 hr set in 04.

i paid for the wu not lauryn. if i'd paid for the fugees or something, then alright.

Quote Originally Posted by eVoL
    fuck no

i knew that heat was gonna be horrendous, you know why? the corporates knew that the san bernadino sector is the cheapest area to rent, so they send everyone there.. instead of purchasing a set like LA staples center..

look at all the nerd rap guests
    wutang minus ODB will never be the same, plus the Wu is lyrically dead and raekwon is the one keepin em float

ur a fool, a fucking fool. It was such a dope ass show and I am more than pleased with the 100 bucks i paid for my VIP tickets, Vip people got to see Supernat whenever. While we got a free backpack, t-shirt, and poster, with 2 free drink tickets (only for Hennessy drinks), with a seperate lounge.

The Heat wasn't bad especially when ur sitting thru an all-star line up. With tons of suprise performances, from what I can even remember about each group had someone unexpected come out. De La Soul featured Phife Dawg, as they did some Tribe songs. Redman had Dj Kool, Talib and Mos had Chappelle chillen. This concert exceeded my expectations and was well worth the trip from Chi out to Cali for it.

On the Steve-O deal, that was ridiculous. I didn't even know what was goin on, he was real fucked up tho. I think a lot of the Wu was fucked up also. Meth even said that Steve-O was fucked up. Said something bout him being on Heroin. Rae was truly pissed and had right to be, disrespect to ODB's mother, she was shocked.
    Remember when I long dicked you and broke your ovary?
    You crab bitch, chicken head hoe, eatin heros, i was the first nigga that had you watchin flicks by dinero.

i'm also uploading that video of steve-o o yousendit.com....

it's 360mb and i don't have film editing software, or care to learn how to use it, so you will have to wait till it loads. i'll post the link when it's up.

i knew i had to pull out the camera for this one cause i was like "steve-o w/ the wu? wtf? are you serious" the video is just of them showing off the odb painting, "shimmy", meth introducing steve-o, steve-o doing his flip and them going into "brooklyn zoo". sound quality is pretty good, as there is no music, just talking.

i think honestly, in steve-o's defence (i am not really a jackass fan myself), but i think meth made him do it. he's the only one agging him on and even laughs as he's denying he asked him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebud23
    ur a fool, a fucking fool. It was such a dope ass show and I am more than pleased with the 100 bucks i paid for my VIP tickets, Vip people got to see Supernat whenever. While we got a free backpack, t-shirt, and poster, with 2 free drink tickets (only for Hennessy drinks), with a seperate lounge.

On the Steve-O deal, that was ridiculous. I didn't even know what was goin on, he was real fucked up tho. I think a lot of the Wu was fucked up also. Meth even said that Steve-O was fucked up. Said something bout him being on Heroin. Rae was truly pissed and had right to be, disrespect to ODB's mother, she was shocked.
    Meth didn't say steve-o was fucked up. Rae was the one that said he was on heroin.

also, i've never gotten VIP at a rock the bells event, but it doesnt' really seem worth it. a tiny backpack and 2 drinks? for 50 dollars more? 2 drinks maybe worth 20...(was 7 for a beer, 9 for hefinwizen, 11 for a mai tai) but yeah. either way, it was a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse75
    Rae was the one that said he was on heroin.

steve-o = loser
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKills
    RzA didn't show
    no shit?

workin on a movie score or some shit......
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

ill post my videos and shit of the concert later, but bear with me i was pretty far away in seats, and m digi cam could only zoom so far...gotta drive back home with the homies... peace out

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

video is pretty large 360 mb, but it covers everything about the odb tribute and the steve-o incident..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...2DEEDC17EAD03A

IronSheik

Quote Originally Posted by morgan
    no shit?
    yea....he prolly stayed in LA to continue workin on his 'projects'

kinda dissed though.....Sway & Tech brought the show up north & they asked for feedback so u know what they're gonna hear about is 1) NOT having the entire clan & 2) Cuttin the WUs time short cuz the other acts fuked up the schedule/timing