Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I tried giving Grandmasters another listen...

The album is good but nothing amazing. Muggs' beats are just so bare sometimes, a short little clip looped forever. GZA's sleepy flow doesn't help. The lyrics are great but the album can get a little slow after a while.

Probably my favourite album of 05. replay factor of that cd is crazy. it's a shame it never got much publicity in the mainstream. i see the music video for general principles once, when the album was released at like 3am o.O video is raw.

I think both the lyrics and beats are on point.
    To me it seems both Muggs and GZA putted in a big effort in making this album perfect. I can listen to this album at repeat a whole day and not skip one single track. Though, I must admit that there's a couple of tracks that seems to get boring after a while.
    But all in all this album is a definately must have!

I can't wait for GZA's album coming this winter.
    "To my elite peeps with the murderous mystiques, I hit the streets with beats and they critique for weeks" - Rakim

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    Yeah the production is good....

I never bought that album but thought since people here liked it so much it inspired me for another listen and perhaps purchasing it.

But then like some argued when this album first came out....GZA kept flowin off beat and sounded lazy....I couldnt take it anymore and shut it off.

I know he technically isnt flowing off beat and know what he was trying to do...I just couldnt take it. However the way that he did flow made his lyrics stand out over the beats.

On the other hand Im glad that a lot of cats on here really enjoyed that album.
    I like this album but at the same time I agree with the above too. The beats and lyrics carry this album but the delivery could have been way sharper.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon