48 16.84%
  • mediocre

15 5.26%
  • wack

9 3.16%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Method Man - 4-21 The Day After

This album could of been great.
    Tracks like Is it me, Problem, Fall Out, and Everything really hold it back from perfect.

Veteran Member

I thought Problem was sick as fuck, flow wise & Sermon production too

A huge improvement on 0. But Mef.............has it in him to release a monster of monster albums....and this isn't that monster. He slayed 8 diagrams tho and I'm hopeful for next time!!!!

But Presidential MCs is exactly what I want to hear. More of that please.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Tenth anniversary of 421 The Day After. Solid effort, definitely made up for Tical 0 The Prequel to garbage..

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Tenth anniversary of 421 The Day After. Solid effort, definitely made up for Tical 0 The Prequel to garbage..
    I liked 4:21 when it came out but in retrospect not that many of the songs hold up well. so to me now it's an average album with some bangers. The Prequel was ass with maybe 5 playable songs if we're being generous

you can tell The Prequel must have been one hell of a clusterfuck if people welcomed 4:21 with open arms calling it a return to form

The Glide, Everything, Walk On and especially Presidential MC are my favorite tracks off 4:21
    Retired.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    I liked 4:21 when it came out but in retrospect not that many of the songs hold up well. so to me now it's an average album with some bangers. The Prequel was ass with maybe 5 playable songs if we're being generous

you can tell The Prequel must have been one hell of a clusterfuck if people welcomed 4:21 with open arms calling it a return to form

The Glide, Everything, Walk On and especially Presidential MC are my favorite tracks off 4:21
    I can still bump 4 to 5 songs off the prequel but not the whole album and that was a album filled with politics via def jam and 4:21 was heads and tails better album as a whole I liked the whole album better minus the r&b joint

and its crazy because fishscale dropped, 4:21 dropped both when i was in college and it was great being a college dj and trust me dealing with def jam college radio dept was crazy expierence. def jam acted like they weren't promoting these albums smh

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

This dropped fifteen years ago today. Hopefully his next album is near this level

I never could get into this album. Sure, a few tracks are solid. But it lacks an atmosphere and cohesiveness to me. The beats are just meh
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997