• average

48 16.84%
  • mediocre

15 5.26%
  • wack

9 3.16%
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Method Man - 4-21 The Day After

anyways i was saying its betetr than fishscale, and ghost is m favorite member but i think it was put together horribly.

I give this album a solid B (8.5/10).

too much commercial filler to be a true banger, i vote average. and only like 4 rza tracks??

This album is sick. Picked it up the other day at FYE for 9.99. Already had the bootleg so remember support the artist!!!!

This is a definite banger but not a classic. That song with Genuwine is garbage. Other than that most of the tracks are EXCELLENT. Say is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. He starts off the album on the right note with the 1st track and keeps up the intensity. Presidential MC's is the type of track you've come to expect from Wu-Tang. It's good to see that Meth is back on teh horse after the last album. I never once believed he lost it and was instead the product of a shitty record company. Now that he's escaped he's back to being a top MC>

Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    too much commercial filler to be a true banger, i vote average. and only like 4 rza tracks??
    i think a lot of people think this way but imo:

1. i don't think it was meth's ideas to have some of the weaker joints on there (like the r&b joints - theyre ok, but don't flow with the album - and a redid yahmean) - shouldn't blame the artist for a business decision outside of his control
    2. that still leaves a good 13 or 14 very good tracks, about as many as you're gonna get on any good album.

on a side note, i would have liked to see john 3:16 (i know it's old) and afterparty with ghost on the album, and cut out the r&b tracks, fall out and yahmean. but thats why they got mp3s...

The album is sick...the only track that ain't grown on me yet is "Somebody Done Fucked"...all the rest are Bangers....Glad to see Redman back in action on "Walk On"...and the beat to "Is It Me" is nutz..."Glide" is also off the hook, wasn't expecting U-God, but his verse was a pleasent surprise...I'm also feelin' "Fall Out" and "Got to Have It"...and I love Meth on "Ya'Meanut I wish it had Wu-Members on it with him instead of Fat Joe and Styles, Styles is aiigh, but Fat Joe been washed up for awhile...overall, its the best album I heard yet this year, but next album better Have GZA on it

Damn where u been bro? ^^^

Good to see you here again.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Fat Joe is so off key on that track. At first I thought that If I was Meth, that track would have imbarassed me, then I thought, He out shins both of them so it looks better for him I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post
    Damn where u been bro? ^^^

Good to see you here again.

I was away for a bit, got married, released some albums locally, been doin' like, 2 shows a month and gonna go on tour either next year or the year after...but, I;m back now (for a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeyeZ Da Riddla View Post
    I was away for a bit, got married, released some albums locally, been doin' like, 2 shows a month and gonna go on tour either next year or the year after...but, I;m back now (for a bit)
    Good to hear shit is poppin off for you. When you get the chance to, post some of your new audio in the lounge, school these kids

Peace.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Politics As Usual Escobar_Incorporated's Avatar

this album surprised me...im loving this from start to end no doubt....perfect blend of old wu, new wu with the tolerable commercial cuts...big ups to meth..plus 4 rza tracks! whoa...thought i would never see that many on a wu release ever again..

Esco & Deini: The Corp's Tubbs & Crockett. We do it Miami Vice style 2006.

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

its getting good reviews around the net so might get some hype

i hope^^^^^^^^^^
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Don G. View Post
    This album is sick. Picked it up the other day at FYE for 9.99. Already had the bootleg so remember support the artist!!!!

This is a definite banger but not a classic. That song with Genuwine is garbage. Other than that most of the tracks are EXCELLENT. Say is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. He starts off the album on the right note with the 1st track and keeps up the intensity. Presidential MC's is the type of track you've come to expect from Wu-Tang. It's good to see that Meth is back on teh horse after the last album. I never once believed he lost it and was instead the product of a shitty record company. Now that he's escaped he's back to being a top MC>
    this is exactly how i feel...sick album
    Albums I'm currently bumpin:
    1. Method Man- 4:21...The Day After
    2. Jeru the Damaja- Wrath of the Math
    3. Nas- The World is Yours (original remix)

When are first weeks sales up?

Tomorrow? or does it take longer?