• mediocre

15 5.26%
  • wack

9 3.16%
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Method Man - 4-21 The Day After

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Wu Masta View Post
    very true
    meth didnt even have to do these bullshit rnb songs coz def jam didnt promote it anyway, it would have sold the same either way
    Good point. If you're going to make a song for BET, at least PUT IT ON and promote it on BET. Don't screw up the whole album with that garbage and not even use it for marketing.

it doesnt matter if the label promotes it or not. if meth doesnt make an album that satisfies the label they wont release it.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

RZA PRODUCE A WHOLE FUCKIN ALBUM FOR THESE GUYS!!!!

RZA's beats on this album were nothing special :shrug:

Havoc's beat was the best one in the whole album IMO. Somebody Done Fucked up is classic.
    I just don't like you, thats all.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

botom line is:
    RZA PRODUCE A WHOLE FUCKIN ALBUM FOR THESE GUYS!!!!
    They don't need Rza producing a whole album. Listen to Beneath The Surface or Supreme Clintele. Great Albums. Tical 2000 is a great album. I'll perfer 4th and True to do a new Meth cd over Rza any day.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    They don't need Rza producing a whole album. Listen to Beneath The Surface or Supreme Clintele. Great Albums. Tical 2000 is a great album. I'll perfer 4th and True to do a new Meth cd over Rza any day.
    True, but all the albums you have mentioned had RZA as a executive producer. The only classic Wu album which haven't been produced completely or executively by RZA is Heavy Mental IMO. I also think that Meth album wholy produced by RZA & Wu Elements (especially True, 4th & Math) would be a modern day hip-hop classic.

Fresh 2 Deff

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
    it doesnt matter if the label promotes it or not. if meth doesnt make an album that satisfies the label they wont release it.
    Word.

HMMM
    rather listen to ironman, liqid swordz or cuban linx

youre lying to yourself, the clan need rza to do whole albums otherwise i feel like i might as well have bought young jeezys album instead of meth
    WHAT!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I'm lying to myself? You don't think Beneath The surface is good? You're one of those No Rza it's wack guys.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Luminal View Post
    RZA's beats on this album were nothing special :shrug:

Havoc's beat was the best one in the whole album IMO. Somebody Done Fucked up is classic.
    No way RZA was awesome. Intro beat, Konichiwa Bitches, Presidential MC's are great beats.

i think some people hold Rza to a rediculous standard that no other producer it held to.

Rza and math did their thing and havoc came with a jewel.

^^ I agree

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
    i think some people hold Rza to a rediculous standard that no other producer it held to.

Rza and math did their thing and havoc came with a jewel.
    Can't really blame people for doing so. RZA set that standard upon himself after making some of the best hip hop records early on. So, naturally, people will assume he really is that great, and become disappointed when he slips.

I'm lying to myself? You don't think Beneath The surface is good? You're one of those No Rza it's wack guys.
    Beneath the Surface was great. GZA's second best effort, in my opinion. But there's something to be said about a whole RZA album... They're usually a step above, and have a great cohesive feeling that is sometimes missing when putting too many producers on the same record.

Though I don't feel this applies exclusively to RZA. The Wu-Tang family has one of the best team of producers anywhere (True Master, 4th Disciple, Mathematics). Each of these guys can make an amazing and cohesive record all by themselves, but mixing-and-matching the Wu Elements works well, too, because they keep to the family aesthetic.

What disappoints me is why Method Man (or any other member) searches the ends of the earth for hackjob producers when they have the goldmine right in front of them. Sure, Ghost getting Doom or Dilla to do some tracks makes sense, but Scott Storch?! You talk shit about the mainstream, but then call it's ambassador to produce a track?

I can only imagine what "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" would have been if it were given to Meth.

Quote Originally Posted by javablaze View Post
    Can't really blame people for doing so. RZA set that standard upon himself after making some of the best hip hop records early on. So, naturally, people will assume he really is that great, and become disappointed when he slips.
    but there's no in between with some of these guys. either its cuban linx/liquid swords or its crap.

a banger can be a banger without being the greatest shit ever.
    Last edited by THE W; 09-13-2006 at 09:33 AM.

Veteran Member

I think I am the only one who likes "4 ever" - nice chill beat! Good song to go to bed
    "I love the way I am and can't nobody out here change me" --> KRS-One