Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got back from the Philly Show

Default Just got back from the Philly Show

I made the 3 hours trek there and 3 hour trek back and I was definetely not disappointed.

Man listen, I don't have no type of voice right now! That show was off the meter. The only thing that was wack about it was that I missed damn there the entire Boot Camp Clik set. Only got to see them perform 4 or 5 songs. They had Jedi Mind Tricks on the bill and I guess because they are from Philly, they let them go on after Boot Camp :evil: I'm still tight over that shit :angryfire:

Anyways, After Boot Camp and wack ass Jedi Mind Tricks, Redman came on and had it poppin'. He had the highlight of the entire show when he brought out MUVAFCUKIN' E.P.M.D. on stage :headbang: They did 3 songs (It's My Thing, You Gotz To Chill & So Whatcha Sayin') Crowd was in a frenzy when them niggaz came out. Red brought as much energy to the crowd as the African Killa Beez did later in the night :headbang:

After Redman and E.P.M.D. The GOD RAKIM ALLAH came out. Ra set was kind of lax. He's a pretty laid back MC to begin with but, HE'S THE GOD! So n*ggaz was feeling it regardless. He had Kid Capri DJ for him which was good cause it brought a lil' more life to his set. The Highlight of his set was when he did "Know The Ledge" off the Juice Soundtrack. N*ggaz went crazy off that!

Then, the MUVAFCUKIN' MAIN EVENT. You knew it was about to go down when they took down the generic fishnet background from behind the stage and lifted the mammoth Wu-Tang Logo Banner in it's place.

First my n*gga Allah Mathamatics came out to get the sound right. He was followed by Kinetic 9 who came out to survey the facinity. Devine was on stage making sure everything was right Then, after a couple of minutes, THE GODS HIT THE STAGE

First Street Life came out to his verse from The Blackout, then Cappadonna came out to Slang Editorial, Then U-God (That's Gangsta), Inspectah Deck (I think he came out to something off The Movement. Anyways, it was a song I ain't never liked to beging with), Masta Killa (No Said Date), The Rza (B.O.B.B.Y. & Holocaust/Silkworm), The Gza (Liquid Swordz), Raekwon The Chef (Glaciers Of Ice), Ghostface Killah (Be This Way) & Method Man (Release Yo Delf & M-E-T-H-O-D Man).

Obviously like at any other Wu-Tang show Meth held it down and brought everything to another level. The Energy son brings to the stage is crazy!!! I honestly think only Busta Rhymes can match him with the energy he brings to a show. All the other swordzman held it down as well though Masta Killa was on some Whoodini shit the entire night were he would disappear and then magically reappear when it was his time to rock the mic. They did an O.D.B. tribute lead by Meth where them and us (the crowd) did Shimmy Shimmy Ya & Brooklyn Zoo which was crazy. They basically did the entire Enter the 36 Chambers catalog. Bout time they got to the Wu-Tang forever catalog I was spent. They rocked about 4 joints from that: Reunited, For Heaven's Sake, It's Yourz & Of course Triumph (they all did their verses). The did everything off of 36 Chambers expect Can all be so Simple I think. Masta Killah did One Blood off of the W & Street did his verse from Thang, Thang off Iron Flag.

The highlights of the show was when they did Shadowboxin', 4th Chamber, Duel of The Iron Mic & Capadonna did 97' Mentality. The only wack thing about when they did 4th Chamber and Triumph was that they had the bass player from System of the Down doing some riff or something thoughout those two songs that was fcukin' up the sound of the song.

Outside of that, they did a bunch of other joints: Back Like That, Chez Chez La Ghost, Dangerous Ground and some other joints that aren't coming to mind right now. They ended the show with Redman coming back out and him and Meth doing "Da Rockwilder"

Overall, I would say this is the best Wu-Tang show i've been to due to the fact that they had my 2nd favorite Hip-Hop crew of all-time (Boot Camp), Rakim , E.P.M.D. & Redman with them. Definetely worth every penny and then some! :2gun:

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

Just got back from there too. It was aiight....it was pretty good. I think i'm gettin burnt out of wu concerts? This was my 3rd wu-tang clan concert this year already. I think itz getttin old now i dunno? I just wasn't that hype as i normally am for a wu-show? But it was good tho. Pretty much everything that my man above mentioned did happen. That song Deck came out to was "Who got it" from The Movement lp. Thatz not a bad song IMO, but at the same time i would think that he would've came out 2 somethin more liver? Like maybe "Red Room" or "9th chamber", or even "The movement"?

I was surprised 2 see that banner they had haning up didn't have Ol Dirt's name on there? I thought that was kinda disrespectful?
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

I think that banner does has his name on there... unless they are using different banners for shows??
    JusticEquality™

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

OMFG i couldnt go I'm so fucking mad reading your reviews lol.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

ya i thought odb was on the banner. but i dno. and hollow seems like you missed a dope show yo

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

PRODIGAL SUN

Hah sounded like a dope concert. Too bad you missed the part when BCC came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    OMFG i couldnt go I'm so fucking mad reading your reviews lol.
    I thought u were the one that was all hyped to go to this show? What happened??
    JusticEquality™

85 %ER

sup i was there last night 2 they didnt do dangerous grounds,and the dude that came out with mathematics wasnt kinetic aka berreta 9. and bcc didnt do 5 songs they did like 13 joints. the only thing i came there for was to see boot camp,rakim, and wu tang. masta killa wasnt hiding you must of been in the back or something cause mk was next to mathematics passing the dutch back and fordward. every clan member was on point nobody sitting down they all was hype tryna dance to every joint. yes they did have odb name on there its the same banner from every show yall must been blind cause the first name on there was odb it said r.i.p ol dirty. for people who didnt see the extra people who was there. rampage from flipmode was there,killa sin yes he is off parole now him and power was there killa sin was on stage sittin down when wu was on stage,brooklyn zu was there,and dru ha and shucky ducky. after the show we went back to the marriott downtown. they should of gave boot camp more time bcc got so many joints just like wu. whoever was there i was the dude all the way up front with black durag and blue and white strike shirt.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

did u have on a killarmy hoody?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

yo, this hands down was the best CONCERT i ever been too. i been to 2 wu tang clan shows before this one, and other solo wu members concerts, but this shit was off the hook! deity allah pretty much sumed up the whole show. i was up front, and at the gate around 5 pm. i live in delaware, and philly is like a 25 minute drive. anyway, the Host of the show was Mooney from 100.3 the beat. she did a good job i think. anyway, Reef the Lost Cause, came out first and killed his set. this motherfucker is a beast! my boy was telling me that he was hot, but i think ima add him as a friend on myspace after i type this. ha ha. then after he got off, Mooney came back out to introduce The Boot Camp Clic. im a Big BCC fan, so it kind of threw me off how they was performing second. but fuck it, they came on and tore shit down as well! Tek and Steele came out first, then Sean Price, then Rock, then everyone else came out except for buckshot. then Buckshot came out and did some of his classic shit. hes real short in person 2. ha ha. that aside, boot camp clic did then motherfuckin thing! then after they split, Jedi Mind Tricks came on. i dont fuck wit them at all. luckly, they werent on too long. everytime i go to a show, they perform. and when they get on, niggas start moshing and all dat bullshit. the beats were hot, but, ill pass. then after they got on, redman got on and destroyed it. Redman has so much character! this nigga was diving in the crowd, cracking jokes, he can definitley rock a crowd. then he brought out EPMD! go figure! they did a couple songs, and i think E sermon and Redman ended it "React". from there, rakim came out and did his thing. his set was iight, but it was a big change of pace from Redman having the whole crowd jumping. i think Rakim should have went on before redman. matter of fact, i think the show should have went like this, Reef the lost cause, Jedi mind tricks, Boot camp clic, Rakim, Redman, and then wu. last but not least, the wu came out. they look like they were having fun on stage wit one another. meth defintley carried the energy. another great wu show. some highlights of the shows was, GZA. this nigga was walking around wit some kind of Champagne. and he walked to the side where me and my boy was standing up front. then everyone was like "YO GZA! let me get some of that champagne!" and everyone was reaching for it. and out of all people, he gave it too my boy! it was like half full, and my nigga just killed that shit! ha ha. another thing that was mad weird was towards the end of the show, when they were doing "Triumph" meth was down in the front where we was at giving daps to everyone, and some guy kissed his hand! ha ha "Meth was like, yo, dont ever do that shit again! what the fuck iz you doing!" he gave em the "what the fuck iz you doing look" he kept giving daps, but that was some crazy shit. overall it was a great show! i mean a great show! oh yeah, OL Dirtys name was on the big banner. his name was the first one. it was kind of hard to see because the banner was black and yellow. but i was up front, but his name was definitley on there. i took some pics too, but they were on my camera phone. its only a 1.3 megapixel. if i knew you could bring a camera, i woulda brought my digital camera. but fuck it.

reef the lost cause

BOOT CAMP CLIC!!!
    Tek

Steele

Sean P! The motherfucking all time GREAT!

ROCK

BUCKSHOT

Louieville slugger, Rock

Louiville, Rock, Stranng

Tek in the Crowd

Sean P

Redman

EPMD

RAKIM

Wu-Tang Clan

Street life

Masta Killa

U-GOD, CappaDonna

RZA, Deck is on the left with the black polo

RZA

U-God,Raekwon, Streetlife, Masta killa

Half of Rza, U-GOD, Justice, Ghostface, Raekwon, Streetlife, and Cappadonna

RZA, MathMatics, Raekwon, Streetlife

Ghostface, Method Man, Raekwon

Raekwon, Cappadonna, Rza

Method Man, Raekwon, Cappadonna

Rza, U-GOD

Cappadonna, Ghostface, Raekwon, Gza, Deck

Quote Originally Posted by killarmyblack View Post
    sup i was there last night 2 they didnt do dangerous grounds,and the dude that came out with mathematics wasnt kinetic aka berreta 9. and bcc didnt do 5 songs they did like 13 joints. the only thing i came there for was to see boot camp,rakim, and wu tang. masta killa wasnt hiding you must of been in the back or something cause mk was next to mathematics passing the dutch back and fordward. every clan member was on point nobody sitting down they all was hype tryna dance to every joint. yes they did have odb name on there its the same banner from every show yall must been blind cause the first name on there was odb it said r.i.p ol dirty. for people who didnt see the extra people who was there. rampage from flipmode was there,killa sin yes he is off parole now him and power was there killa sin was on stage sittin down when wu was on stage,brooklyn zu was there,and dru ha and shucky ducky. after the show we went back to the marriott downtown. they should of gave boot camp more time bcc got so many joints just like wu. whoever was there i was the dude all the way up front with black durag and blue and white strike shirt.
    I was in the front as well center right side of the stage. Kinetic came out when Math was getting his equipment together. He was the dude on stage with the bookbag. Timbo King was also there, seen him give Masta Killa the pound our the side of the stage towards the back. I didn't mean that Masta Killa left, she just was playing the cut something serious. And I SAID THAT I GOT THERE LATE WERE "I" ONLY CAUGHT like 5 BCC SONGS. Anyways, it was a great show! You were right about them not performing Dangerous Ground, it was Grid Iron Rap, I always get those two song titles mix up

reef the lost cause was nasty, JMT was pretty wack i dunno why everyone was fellin them. Yeah redman should have went on after rakim because he had the crowd going crazy it would have been a better transition from redman to the wu. All the members performd great but i was expecting more from masta killa and GZA basically sat on the table with his son except for his verses. How about when they pulled up all the ladies and rae and ghost double teamed big momma.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenarms(4bar) View Post
    reef the lost cause was nasty, JMT was pretty wack i dunno why everyone was fellin them. Yeah redman should have went on after rakim because he had the crowd going crazy it would have been a better transition from redman to the wu. All the members performd great but i was expecting more from masta killa and GZA basically sat on the table with his son except for his verses. How about when they pulled up all the ladies and rae and ghost double teamed big momma.
    That shit was hilarious because Raekwon pulled grabbed her and pulled her onto Ghost on purpose. That what Starks gets for bringing all them scallywags onto stage. Deck had me out when he keep saying "This is unacceptable" and Method Man keep telling the rest of the Clan to "Stay focused n*ggaz" . Another funny part was when Meth was on the left side of the stage pollyin' with Rza while all that f*ckery that Ghost started with them chicks was going on and some lil' spanish/white chick tried to run up to Meth to dance with him and he was directing her off the stage trying to pertend like he didn't know what she was trying to do, lololol

yo anybody know who that one dude was with the long dreads and the black cap on, he was so fucked up that entire show from reef all he way up to wu-tang. i must of seen him kill like 10 blunts and a bottle himself on stage he could barely stand up then when bcc got off stage he was still just chillin on the speaker on the right side of the stage by himself he didnt realize everyone left him. i thought for sure the dude was gonna pass out but then after most of the crowd cleared out after wu performed me and my boys tried getting back where the buses and the wu were at and he was on the outside argueing with some security guard bc he wouldnt let him back in. so once they had there backs turned we all just walked by. my 2 boys got thrown out right away but i made it like 20 feet before some big gorilla mother fucker bear hugged me and threw me into some nice ass SUV. it was still pretty funny and the show was crazy.

"killa sin yes he is off parole now him and power was there killa sin was on stage sittin down when wu was on stage,"-this is not exactly true- my baby boy has a few more years of parole, but ssssshhhh
    Last edited by sinfullycute; 08-20-2006 at 03:46 PM.