Thread: why dont my people appreciate wu tang

Unhappy why dont my people appreciate wu tang

I went to the show at webster hall on friday the 18, this was the first Wu concert (wont be the last) I've been to. The first was an AZ concert, and just like that one their was hardly any black people in the crowd, not to mention black women. I feel like I was one of 5 black girls in the entire room and even I came with my white friends. Not that it matters, I love that Wu has universal music, but I hate that my people seem to have no appreciation for real hip hop. This was so obvious to some members of the wu that Rza actuallly thanked all of the white people who came out to support the Wu. That show was the best S%*t I ve ever seen, I hope I wont have to wait to long for another concert from them.

Exclamation true that

Quote Originally Posted by taste so exotic View Post
    I went to the show at webster hall on friday the 18, this was the first Wu concert (wont be the last) I've been to. The first was an AZ concert, and just like that one their was hardly any black people in the crowd, not to mention black women. I feel like I was one of 5 black girls in the entire room and even I came with my white friends. Not that it matters, I love that Wu has universal music, but I hate that my people seem to have no appreciation for real hip hop. This was so obvious to some members of the wu that Rza actuallly thanked all of the white people who came out to support the Wu. That show was the best S%*t I ve ever seen, I hope I wont have to wait to long for another concert from them.
    im white but back in the states when i went to show wu or just rza or cappa and ghost or gza or meth and streetlife etc many of my hardcore wu fan friends would go to the show either if they were mexican, black, white, or japanese!!!! the same 5 of us would go to all the shows and wed be in the front row at a place with 100 people only at the rza and killa army show just dope shit! gettin free shirts and cd and the concert only cost 20 bucks! i mean what the fuck is up with the fans not wantin to see this ill shit. stupid fucks!

I would tell you why, but you don't want to hear it.

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luz7533 View Post
    I would tell you why, but you don't want to hear it.
    Yeah, cuz his people are fags..

WAIT, that means my people are fags too! ah crap..
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

See this is what it is! Well at least my perspective of it. 90% of all young black kids i'm gonna say from age 23 on down look at wu as corny, wack or un-hip/ un- kool, or either don't know about wu at all? Then u got the black adults from age 24 all the way up to 36. That either used to be into wu hardcore back in the 90's when they first came out? Or they listened to them casually b/c wu was apart of the big early to mid 90's remergence of the east coast. They look at wu as that group they used to be into back in their H.S. dayz. Like damn they used to be good back in the day. Like wu iz old skool now i aint fuckin with them.

For instance i met this "black" girl from philly around a month ago? Shes around the age of 33 real kool chic! She was like when iz the next time u gonna be in philly? I said i'm gonna be there on the 19th for the wu-concert whatz up u wanna go? Mind you this girl has a good job and makes a nice amount of money. She asked me if the wu-concert was free? lol!! We talkin over the phone. I hesitated like i couldn't believe she asked me that question? I said Ummmmm........naaaah it isn't free. A ticket cost like $40 beans. She said ohhh no! I aint tryin to pay to go see no wu-tang! So that right there goes 2 show u. Black people just aren't into wu like that anymore. They think wu iz corny.

Then alot of black peoples are 85ers too! Dumb, def, and blind! Not sayin any other race isn't too but we're discussing y black people don't support the wu. Alot of black people are christians and they don't like 2 hear wu talkin about the black man is god! And don't believe in the spook in sky who u can't see with the physical eye. That offends black people. So itz many things! I'm not sayin i'm right but i'm just giving my view point on it.
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

That's one way to look at it Zig. I also think it has to do with black folks need for trendyness. Think about it, as soon as a song isn't in steady rotation on the radio anymore it's looked at as an "Old joint" even though the track ain't even a year or two old. Or the need to be "up on thangs" by following the crowd. You got kids out here buying Avirex, FUBU, Baby Phat, etc. cause it's what everyone else is wearing not because they actually like it.

It's kinda like a complex, us as blacks don't wanna feel like we've missed the boat so we have to have the latest shit, have the latest iPod even thought we just bought one last year, the latest celly even though there's nothing wrong with the one you already got. Listen to the popular music even if we didn't like it at first, you learn to because it's what everyone is listening to so we gotta listen to it too, right? Now don't get me wrong, I've done it too and I'm not saying white kids don't do it but us as blacks feel like we need to do these things if we're gonna be cool. It doesn't matter if the group or artist you listened to in middle school or high school is still putting out music, if it's not on the radio then it must not be that good.

That's mainstream mentality. Like mainstream gamers won't play old games cause "the graphics are ugly" even though it was top of the line shit back in the day. Mainstream movie goers wait for the remake of a movie as opposed to watching the original because "It's in black and white," or "The acting sucked" like the new actors are gonna do a better job. Same thing with music, regardless of weather or not it's just as good or better than the popular shit, it's still not worth listening to cause it's not "hot"
    Last edited by Bloo; 08-25-2006 at 03:49 AM.
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

most of wu's fans nowadays are white kids. that's what happens as time passes. when they started out it was more black. then wu blew up and it was tons of blacks and tons of whites. now the wu is looked at as a legacy or as some sort of nostalgia which is enjoyed (from what i observe) by white kids most. for example if you talk to kids into hardcore punk, skateboarding, etc and ask them what rap they dig, they'll say wu-tang.

blah blah, what i mean is that nowadays wu gets tons of love in non-hip hop cultures.

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

I talked with a Black guy yesterday around 20 years old who knows who Wu is, but not the history. He had never heard Wu-Tang Forever. I was speechless.

BlooHook was on point.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

It's because the majority of people who buy hip-hop nowadays is white suburban youths.....dont let the media images fool you....its not an urban culture no more

same shit at any concert except maybe jay z. jay z the only concert ive been to where its mostly us there.

most other concerts are all a diverse mix, usually mostly white people.

ill be honest hardcore wu fans turn me off tho.i wanna go to a concert to party not to nerd it up. same reason i dont think id wanna go to concerts for some other artists too.
    Last edited by TGambino; 08-25-2006 at 11:47 PM.

Veteran Member

i dont think i could go to a concert where i dont know the words to the songs it would be wack

i noticed this at the concert i went to too.....there were mad white people there but like a handful of black people and like one black girl besides me.....i guess my people and especially people my age dont appreciate real hip hop and would rather listen to the monotonous bullshit they play on the radio and maybe the fact that i sadly live in the south played apart since most people down here listen to that dirty south crap :/
    <3gillie